Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate the Manager: St Mirren (Away, 4th Aug 2018)

TheDarkBlues

Rate The Manager: St Mirren (Away, 06 Aug 2018)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate Neil McCann's team selection, substitutions and performance against St Mirren?

6 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

If we actually paid 100k it's absolute madness, i doubt we did though but he will still be on a good wage and we'll have paid decent money with future fees build in i'd have thought.

We could have easily went with Parish and kept one of the young lads as backup and used the money to strengthen else where. 

When I say 'silly' money. I mean anything more than a 'nominal' fee - £20k perhaps. The DAB Levein must be laughing all the way to the bank and his multitude of new signings 😠  

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
32 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Yeah agree mate, he was in a difficult situation where he knows how he wants us to play and the kind of players he wants but for what ever reason hasn't been able to sign players with the attributes / ability required.

I agree with this, but if he cant get players to play his system, then he needs to change his tactics to suit the players we do have. Some of our players look clueless playing out from the back.

Edited by skullduggery
Made a chunt of it

Although I'm gutted we never got anything from today's game I wouldn't be getting on Hamilton's back we had loads of chances to win the game today and feel a bit sorry for the keeper, he and the rest of the team is getting told to play out from the back but  in Scottish football it doesn't work. I can understand NM wants to play Bonnie football but there is a time in the game to play Bonnie football i.e when your 2 or 3 up right now we just need to play cut-throat football feed the strikers early and defence clear your lines back to basics, it was a bad mistake today but it's done now. We all no Dundee don't do things the easy way. We need a couple new players tho no getting away from it.

9 minutes ago, skullduggery said:

I agree with this, but if he cant get players to play his system, then he needs to change his tactics to suit the players we do have. Some of our players look clueless playing out from the back.

Exactly trying to stick to a certain footballing philosophy may be NM's downfall as it was Hartley's. Tommy Wright has had the farmers punching above their weight for years and it's down to an old fashioned approach of playing players in a formation/style they understand and having the key attributes to excel at their role. 

He's still a fat grass though 😋

13 minutes ago, skullduggery said:

I agree with this, I feel that Hamilton's mistake was more down to the style of play that McCann wants. If Cammy had punted the ball up the park, Hamilton wouldn't have been under pressure from the St Mirren forwards.

1 hour ago, nemsadzDEE said:

McCann is starting to look look a better dressed version of Hartley!

I'll not judge him until the transfer window has closed but it's looking like his decision to let O'Hara and Holt go without having better replacements lined up and not being able to sign a goalscorer  will be his / our down fall. 

McCann starting to look like another Hartley - Hartley was never really good enough.

All down to one man. Who picks the manager?

Edited by Prince Buster

45 minutes ago, Rob said:

Although I'm gutted we never got anything from today's game I wouldn't be getting on Hamilton's back we had loads of chances to win the game today and feel a bit sorry for the keeper, he and the rest of the team is getting told to play out from the back but  in Scottish football it doesn't work. I can understand NM wants to play Bonnie football but there is a time in the game to play Bonnie football i.e when your 2 or 3 up right now we just need to play cut-throat football feed the strikers early and defence clear your lines back to basics, it was a bad mistake today but it's done now. We all no Dundee don't do things the easy way. We need a couple new players tho no getting away from it.

I feel a bit sorry for Hamilton as well. Game should have been in the bag by the time he messed up. I personally would have went for Parish to start as he had the better pre season/league cup but knew he would start with Hamilton as he's his new signing. 

3 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Any mistake by a defender will cost us points because we cant take chances. Hamilton messed up big time, but our forwards need to carry much the blame as they are useless in front of goal, not just Moussa.

Agreed. 

NM's self stated priority area of the team for fixing. circa 3 months ago!.

Edited by Dondeh

2 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Not going to vote.

He didn't particularly get a massive amount wrong today and was undone by a penalty miss and a massive goalkeeping error.

Just don't think he's had a great transfer window so far and the season has now started.

Shankland and a left back would leave us looking a lot stronger. 

Concerning he bought a left back who's dropped already though.

I gave three stars for pretty much the same reasons you’ve not voted. He didn’t actually do much wrong today, it’s about the best team we could put out which is obviously down to his recruitment but not necessarily his performance today (if that makes any sense). He could have changed it earlier, when we started to look a bit tired after battering St Mirren for the first 30 mins of the second half. Maybe bring on Ralph and move to a back 5 to at least ensure we would get a point. 

On the day I think the manager did quite well.

We were totally committed throughout. We showed the resolve to recover from an early setback. We dominated after the break and had a penalty to win the game.

In the end though it turned out to be the tale of two goalkeepers and when that happens you have to take the kick in the baws and move on.

Still plenty work for McCann to do off the park in terms of improving the team and the squad overall.

Adblock Detected