Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate the Manager: St Mirren (Away, 4th Aug 2018)

TheDarkBlues

Rate The Manager: St Mirren (Away, 06 Aug 2018)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate Neil McCann's team selection, substitutions and performance against St Mirren?

1 hour ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I agree with this, I feel that Hamilton's mistake was more down to the style of play that McCann wants. If Cammy had punted the ball up the park, Hamilton wouldn't have been under pressure from the St Mirren forwards.

Are you taking the p*ss, it was his responsibility to clear the ball, all he had to do was kick it right or left?

Any 6 year old would have been able to clear it, he should never have been there in the first place.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
2 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I agree with this, I feel that Hamilton's mistake was more down to the style of play that McCann wants. If Cammy had punted the ball up the park, Hamilton wouldn't have been under pressure from the St Mirren forwards.

agree this passing backs sh!te but hamilton did phuck up but shouldnt have  been put in that position, mcann needs to stop this nonesense

2 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Wasn't at the game but what I do know is Cammy can barely kick with his right foot let alone his left so if his options are try to left foot blooter it or slide responsibility to A.N. Other why would he risk being berated by blootering it?

Square pegs, round holes - any manager should admit he's fucked up when he does this.

I voted a generous 3. I think the selection was as good as it could be from the pool of players available and the signings of Kharl and Elton again show positivity. However, it’s McCann that’s left us thread-bare and still not addressed the goal scoring issue. Everybody can see that this has been a huge problem for us for 2 years now and yet the progress in solving the matter seems painstakingly slow.

Moussa is not the answer. We read  our opinions on him week-in, week-out and these sentiments have been echoed by Sutton on BT and Thompson and McFadden on Sportscene today - he’s simply not done enough to prove any doubters wrong. More frustrating is that Moussa is apparantly a target man and yet we off load Haber who, statistically, is an exceptional, proven, target man and can score goals from open play. Personally, I think Moussa going to Falkirk would’ve been a better option. 

Lastly we have Kerr playing out of position in favour of a guy we’ve been tracking since January (I think) and who has seemingly been dropped before the season has even started.

We need someone signed up ASAP who knows where the back of the net is as well as a natural left back.

Oh and Parrish in goal next week....

Like most I had reservations about the appointment, and like most (I think)  I still do.  I don't buy the idea that he played the best team he could so shouldn't be criticised for it on the basis that he has had enough time (and money) to build his squad.  On the other hand,  I also don't read too much into yesterday's defeat - it seems we were a little unlucky (I know) to lose so I won't make any knee-jerk predictions.  The most worrying thing is the same problems seem to still be around from last season. 

14 hours ago, Rob said:

he and the rest of the team is getting told to play out from the back but  in Scottish football it doesn't work.

Crazy idea, how about it's given a chance to work? 

There's a reason we as a nation are bloody hopeless at football. Mainly due to the fact a helluva lot of people here just proclaim "playin futba dusnae work in Scotland"

We were very, very comfortable doing it yesterday up until Hamilton deciding he wants to be a right winger and take men on - that's absolutely nothing to do with playing it out from the back. He whalloped the ball up the park numerous other times in the game. It's solely his choice to try and be clever, if he pulled it off, kudos. Applause, we're all saying how great it was. 

He never and we as a team had to face the consequences. 

Keeping the ball is the way to progress in my opinion. One mistake at the back kills us though,  because we are absolutely crap in the goal scoring department. Beginning to fear that we are shopping in the dustbins for strikers. Three seasons now, since Hemmings, the front men we have brought in have cost us loads of points with their inability to convert chances. We still dont have anybody who can do that. Mendy/Moussa, Mendy/Wighton, Wighton/Moussa all have failed so far. That inability and the resultant losses at home have hit our ST sales and our crowds. PaTG  punters dont want to pay to see Dundee lose and that happens so often.

Add - i gave three stars as neutral.

Edited by Parcbara

26 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

We were very, very comfortable doing it yesterday

No we weren’t .. 

I can remember at least three other occasions that it put us under unnecessary pressure and we were a whisker away from disaster.

One in the first half where Hamilton got in a flap and ended up heading it back into the 18 yard box to himself so he could catch it.

Another in first half - Lewis Spence caught in possession 25 yards from goal.

Another - Cammy didn’t play it down the line and chipped it across the box to Caulker and it nearly went out for a corner with St Mirren players piling forward.

I’m defienitly an advocate of playing the ball out from the back when we have the time, space and sensible options available but we were definitely not very, very comfortable doing it as often as we did yesterday.

It was nowhere near going out for a corner :lol: Caulker calmly collected it and played a pass to Madianga ffs.

Also, Hamilton's mistake first half was a through ball from St Mirren, nothing to do with us playing it out. 

I'll concede with Spence but as I said in my first post regarding the game, he's far too slow a player technically.

Seems some people can’t see the woods for the trees. 

Kerr is playing left back , he is unable to find a man up the left wing as he isn’t totally confident using his left peg so he turns and gives the ball back to Hamilton who has a man on him straight away and no one to pass to.

All these faults are down to team selection and style of play which is the managers job. 

40 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

No we weren’t .. 

I can remember at least three other occasions that it put us under unnecessary pressure and we were a whisker away from disaster.

One in the first half where Hamilton got in a flap and ended up heading it back into the 18 yard box to himself so he could catch it.

Another in first half - Lewis Spence caught in possession 25 yards from goal.

Another - Cammy didn’t play it down the line and chipped it across the box to Caulker and it nearly went out for a corner with St Mirren players piling forward.

I’m defienitly an advocate of playing the ball out from the back when we have the time, space and sensible options available but we were definitely not very, very comfortable doing it as often as we did yesterday.

the one where Hamilton headed it to himself (?)Was from a St Mirren pass. I think we can do it but only if we play players who are comfortable in the position they are asked to play.

i remember Hartley starting Cammy at LB v Hamilton, I think his last game in charge and saying he has totally lost it now. Sadly NM sees it as plausible option too. 

Adblock Detected