Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Pre-Match: Dundee V Aberdeen

Cobra

Dundee v Aberdeen  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What is your prediction for our first home league game of the season?

• A surprise victory
    • A hard-fought draw
    • A narrow loss
    • A crushing defeat

51 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

Why does everybody think we are going to get hammered? We had 3 narrow defeats against them last season. Played well enough to get a win and a draw in two of them.

Since then Aberdeen look like they have weakened. I would argue we have ever so slightly strengthened (except left back position). It's got a hard fought draw written all over it IMO where we will be ruing missed chances again.

Only a quarter of voters think we'll get hammered.....but I'd imagine your impression is being tainted by the 'corporal Fraser' posts, who (seemingly) always approach a game with the view that we'll get humped. :)   

Although a stronger squad than us, I'd tend to agree with you that they're maybe not as strong as a few years ago, and certainly far from unbeatable. They have a few defenders injured, though may sign someone this week.

Our history with them at Dens isn't great, but we have a few new guys who should be looking at this game as one where they can show what they can do. We weren't so far off in the games since the 0-7 debacle, and have to believe - if we can score first (!!!), and keep focused at the back, anything is possible. :thumbsup:

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
27 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Only a quarter of voters think we'll get hammered.....but I'd imagine your impression is being tainted by the 'corporal Fraser' posts, who (seemingly) always approach a game with the view that we'll get humped.    

Although a stronger squad than us, I'd tend to agree with you that they're maybe not as strong as a few years ago, and certainly far from unbeatable. They have a few defenders injured, though may sign someone this week.

Our history with them at Dens isn't great, but we have a few new guys who should be looking at this game as one where they can show what they can do. We weren't so far off in the games since the 0-7 debacle, and have to believe - if we can score first (!!!), and keep focused at the back, anything is possible. 

Yes I think that 7-0 reverse is still fresh in a lot of people’s minds, personally, I think we tend to play better against the top teams, not sure why, possibly because they play a similar game to us, I could see us sneaking a victory here.

It’s private Fraser by the way. :slaphead:

29 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Yes I think that 7-0 reverse is still fresh in a lot of people’s minds, personally, I think we tend to play better against the top teams, not sure why, possibly because they play a similar game to us, I could see us sneaking a victory here.

It’s private Fraser by the way. :slaphead:

I have the same impression about the 'top teams'....I suppose they don't tend to alter their setup when they play us, and are more confident that they can get the ball back from us, and always score against us. The other bottom half sides perhaps get 'in our faces' a lot more, and we seem to find it hard to win the '2nd ball' in those games.

....I always forget it was Jones who was the corporal :happyno:  

It would be nice for us to get some luck against them.  They seem to get all the favourable refereeing decisions and all the luck going.  The 3-3 draw at Pittodrie being a case in point when the huge fat linesman missed a blatant offside for their equalizer because he wasn't fit enough to keep up with play.  Aberdeen scoring last season at Pittodrie when we were down to nine men due to the referee forcing two of our players off the field at the same time when they were treated for injury was another farce.  A scrappy 1-0 victory due to a dodgy penalty in our favour for a change would be nice. 

5 hours ago, Edin_Dee said:

Why does everybody think we are going to get hammered? We had 3 narrow defeats against them last season. Played well enough to get a win and a draw in two of them.

Since then Aberdeen look like they have weakened. I would argue we have ever so slightly strengthened (except left back position). It's got a hard fought draw written all over it IMO where we will be ruing missed chances again.

Because we are not very good. Aberdeen looked more than decent against Burnley and we looked less than impressive in most of the games so far. Stands to reason a lot of folk think we will get a doing. By the way before the positive squad get their knives out I’m sure everybody who voted “we will get hammered “ hope we are wrong 

9 minutes ago, Baldee said:

Because we are not very good. Aberdeen looked more than decent against Burnley and we looked less than impressive in most of the games so far. Stands to reason a lot of folk think we will get a doing. By the way before the positive squad get their knives out I’m sure everybody who voted “we will get hammered “ hope we are wrong 

Think Aberdeen raising their game against a Burnley side still in pre-season mode explains that. To me they looked a lot weaker than last season against Rangers.

We are maybe not very good but would you say we are worse than last season? None of the players we've let go would improve our current side IMO, arguably with the exception of Haber.

1 minute ago, Baldee said:

At this moment in time , yes we look a poorer side 

Disagree.. Almsot all of our midfield and attacking options on Saturday looked like they had the potential to be very good indeed. Madianga is certainly an upgrade on O’Hara for example. Elton looks to be a far better player than the likes of Elbak2e as well.

CH pairing looked good and Mendy looked really dangerous in the second half.

Obvious areas we need to strengthen are FB and upfront but I really don’t think we’re weaker than last season as it stands tbh. Confident that Hamilton will come good in the sticks as well. 

On 05/08/2018 at 06:34, TheWhiteCafu said:

With Logan, Reynolds, probably Mckenna and maybe the boy Hoban all out there's probably not a better time to play them. Their strikers look pretty lacklustre as well, Cosgrove seems to be more of a guy to hold up the ball than a finisher and Stevie May's been nowhere near the same level he was at with St Johnstone. 

GMS and Mcginn are the main threats, especially with how weak we seem to be at left back. Cammy absolutely can't play there or they'll have a field day. 

Nullify the two wingers and don't let Shinnie get going and I think we could make a game of it, they looked dreadful today.

Would be very pleased with a draw. 

I know it's all the rage to have the full backs running all over the pitch, but IMO in this game we will have to play with two FULL BACKS, if we do so I will have no fear about Cammy. I'd be more worried about Curran.

27 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Disagree.. Almsot all of our midfield and attacking options on Saturday looked like they had the potential to be very good indeed. Madianga is certainly an upgrade on O’Hara for example. Elton looks to be a far better player than the likes of Elbak2e as well.

CH pairing looked good and Mendy looked really dangerous in the second half.

Obvious areas we need to strengthen are FB and upfront but I really don’t think we’re weaker than last season as it stands tbh. Confident that Hamilton will come good in the sticks as well. 

I don’t see it but I hope you are right 👍

Adblock Detected