Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate the Ref: Bobby Madden (Home, Aberdeen, 11 Aug 2018)

TheDarkBlues

Rate The Ref: Bobby Madden (Home, Aberdeen, 11 Aug 2018)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate Bobby Madden?

• 1 year later...

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
31 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

The foul against Moussa when their defender climbed over him and somersaulted over him is to date the most bizarre decision I've seen in Scottish football.

Correct. Even McInnes looked embarrassed by that one.

Albeit most of his team would not've looked out of place at Murrayfield! 🏈

Thon May was brutal.

Have read a criticism made by Rangers manager for complaining about officials being anti Rangers and never giving them any decisions. The journalist said that the same criticism is made every week by every club and the point was that the officials in Scotland were of a poor standard.

I think that there is something wrong with the attitude of referees  and wonder if they actually do have a bias against certain sides.

Was wondering if there is any statistical information recorded about referees. Number of fouls awarded against individual players, the number of yellows and reds  awarded. You could add up the totals given by the refs against each team. 

There's a fair play award so there should be the raw data available somewhere. Why not make it public. It might just have a beneficial effect by demonstrating that there is no bias, however, it might show some interesting stats that prove the Rangers manager and every Dee is right and refs are biased.

4 minutes ago, BCram said:

Have read a criticism made by Rangers manager for complaining about officials being anti Rangers and never giving them any decisions. The journalist said that the same criticism is made every week by every club and the point was that the officials in Scotland were of a poor standard.

I think that there is something wrong with the attitude of referees  and wonder if they actually do have a bias against certain sides.

Was wondering if there is any statistical information recorded about referees. Number of fouls awarded against individual players, the number of yellows and reds  awarded. You could add up the totals given by the refs against each team. 

There's a fair play award so there should be the raw data available somewhere. Why not make it public. It might just have a beneficial effect by demonstrating that there is no bias, however, it might show some interesting stats that prove the Rangers manager and every Dee is right and refs are biased.

I really don't think they're deliberately biased in favour of or against any club, yes they get swayed by shouts from bigger supports and some players are better at playing referees than others, I genuinely think the're just beyond useless at times.

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

I really don't think they're deliberately biased in favour of or against any club, yes they get swayed by shouts from bigger supports and some players are better at playing referees than others, I genuinely think the're just beyond useless at times.

I generally agree with your view. Today, though, there appeared to be two very distinct interpretations of the various forms of 'manhandling' that have become so commonplace in the game. 

If a blue shirted arm/hand is used, it's a foul.

If a red shirted arm/hand is used, play on.

Otherwise, Madden was ok, average game. I'm not convinced about his interpretation of the 'handball', but impossible to tell from the BC, and I heard NM say on bbc that he'd watched it & agreed it was a pen. Willie Miller, of all people, disagreed with NM!

Don't think we can blame the ref for (in this case) Aberdeen being a lot cuter at fouls than us. While I hate the cheating aspect of football, until its stamped out its part of the game so I guess it behoves us to get a bit better at it. I'd rather we didn't personally, I'd rather we went a bit Corinthian but that ain't gonna happen.

Im actually going to give him my highest ever rating of Bad. As no doubt sadly we shall see much more incompetent performances from the usual subjects!!!! He was a bit slow at producing the 1st card especially after numerous tugs etc but I could see the reasoning behind some of his decisions (sadly including the penalty)Special mention again to The Derry side linesman  who I think must have been thinking back about his holidays or something in the 1st half as he seemed to miss all the wee incidents involving the Dons defenders.He woke up 2nd half though as usual and even raised his flag!

On 11/08/2018 at 18:53, Prince Buster said:

The original point I was trying to make was that there might be stats on the performance of the referees and these statistics might well support the view that there is institutional bias. What harm can publishing the stats do? If the figures don't exist, why not collect them as part of the appraisal of each referee. I'm not hoping that they prove bias, I'm hoping that they might encourage referees to measure their own performances and perhaps improve their standards.

Adblock Detected