Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

More Positive About Things Now

Prince Buster

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Very good team performance today, a lot of very good play, breaking down their attacks & playing it out, switching play, and no dithering on the ball. I thought all the new/young players did well....Nabi had some great bits of skill, and was always looking for the ball....Ralph much better, more confident & did not look uncomfortable at all with either GMS or McGinn....but Madianga & N'gtwala were perhaps the best....Madianga again showed glimpses of Kamara in sending plyers the wrong way, stretching a leg out to push the ball beyond any (legal) challenge, those two will get better I'm sure....and Curran has definitely improved & turning into a very effective attacking wingback....and Spence has definitely been paying attention in training & is very good cover for Kamara.

Although Moussa is getting a lot of stick for his wayward shooting, he did win most of his aerial duels & laid the ball off well. He isn't, though, a prolific scorer, and we desperately need NM to be given permission to make successful (fee-included) bids for Jones, Shankland or anyone else who knows where to be for the Moussa knock-downs, passes & crosses from Nabi/Madianga/Curran....and how to hit the target.

Although Moussa failed to hit the target, by far the worst miss was Meekings....the only chance to beat Joe Lewis in the air in his 6-yard box is a driven near-post cross, and that one was right on Meekings forehead 2 yards out & should have been planted. 

11 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Very good team performance today, a lot of very good play, breaking down their attacks & playing it out, switching play, and no dithering on the ball. I thought all the new/young players did well....Nabi had some great bits of skill, and was always looking for the ball....Ralph much better, more confident & did not look uncomfortable at all with either GMS or McGinn....but Madianga & N'gtwala were perhaps the best....Madianga again showed glimpses of Kamara in sending plyers the wrong way, stretching a leg out to push the ball beyond any (legal) challenge, those two will get better I'm sure....and Curran has definitely improved & turning into a very effective attacking wingback....and Spence has definitely been paying attention in training & is very good cover for Kamara.

Although Moussa is getting a lot of stick for his wayward shooting, he did win most of his aerial duels & laid the ball off well. He isn't, though, a prolific scorer, and we desperately need NM to be given permission to make successful (fee-included) bids for Jones, Shankland or anyone else who knows where to be for the Moussa knock-downs, passes & crosses from Nabi/Madianga/Curran....and how to hit the target.

Although Moussa failed to hit the target, by far the worst miss was Meekings....the only chance to beat Joe Lewis in the air in his 6-yard box is a driven near-post cross, and that one was right on Meekings forehead 2 yards out & should have been planted. 

I thought Moussa laid off some great headers to supply the Dons midfield.

There is a lot to be positive about but positivity doesnt score goals or put points on the board, strikers do. We have a strong spine of a team. When everyone is back to fitness even the bench will look good for a change. And if NM is staying with the diamond midfield mcgowan is out and spence aswell for Kamara and nabi. 

Hamilton 

Curran kusunga caulker ralph 

Kamara 

Elton Madianga 

Nabi 

Mendy/Deacon and whoever NM can bing in because moussa can't start anymore and henvey/Scott aren't ready imo

I think when the window closes in a couple of weeks we'll have a different view of things. Nabi, Elton, Madianga and possible new boy Jones look like they'll be an attacking threat. I also think we'll add Shankland. With the pressure to be our main goal getter off I think we might see the best of Moussa, he's never the goalscorer that everyone is expecting him to be. With Wighton, Mendy, Deacon and Henvey to call upon as well I think we might actually be quite potent in the final third.

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I think when the window closes in a couple of weeks we'll have a different view of things. Nabi, Elton, Madianga and possible new boy Jones look like they'll be an attacking threat. I also think we'll add Shankland. With the pressure to be our main goal getter off I think we might see the best of Moussa, he's never the goalscorer that everyone is expecting him to be. With Wighton, Mendy, Deacon and Henvey to call upon as well I think we might actually be quite potent in the final third.

Hope you're right with this, Rev....I think the addition of a physically strong player in Jones mould, and poacher in Shankland mould, are crucial now. We're creating opportunities, and we're long overdue taking them.

Adblock Detected