The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Man of the Match: St Johnstone (Away, 25th Aug 2018)

Rate this topic

Man of the Match: St Johnstone (Away, 25th Aug 2018)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match against St Johnstone?

• Hamilton
    • Curran
    • Caulker
    • Meekings
    • Ralph
    • McGowan
    • Kamara
    • Nabi
    • Madianga
    • Kallman
    • Mendy
    • Ngwatala
    • Moussa
    • Wighton

Who was your man of the match against St Johnstone?

27 minutes ago, Densparker said:

None them.

A bit harsh to be honest.

I think a lot of our players, Nabi, Kamara and Madianga did more than enough today. I wouldn't be pointing fingers at the players for today's result imho.

1 hour ago, sneddee said:

kamara oozes class!!

Each to their own mate. I think he hugely flatters to deceive. The thoroughly OTT praise he receives shows just how starved of excitement we've become. 

Same goes for Caulker. Strolls through games, but he's still strolling as other teams are scoring too.

Edit to add, I should maybe have posted that in the unpopular opinions thread...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

A bit harsh to be honest.

I think a lot of our players, Nabi, Kamara and Madianga did more than enough today. I wouldn't be pointing fingers at the players for today's result imho.

I tend to agree with Densparker. I didn't think many were awful, individually, today, but not one of our players played particularly well either.I suppose Madianga probably deserves he nod.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, barkblue said:

Each to their own mate. I think he hugely flatters to deceive. The thoroughly OTT praise he receives shows just how starved of excitement we've become. 

Same goes for Caulker. Strolls through games, but he's still strolling as other teams are scoring too.

Edit to add, I should maybe have posted that in the unpopular opinions thread...

disagree bb. all about opinions. great player and never ott praise. same with Caulker. i agree  teams are

scoring too, but it's a Team game!!

53 minutes ago, sneddee said:

disagree bb. all about opinions. great player and never ott praise. same with Caulker. i agree  teams are

scoring too, but it's a Team game!!

No worries Sneddee. As you say, all about opinions.

I think the Aberdeen game was a great illustration how how much more dynamic we are without Kamara's style, where he seems to slow play down and over elaborate. I'm not saying he's not a talented laddie, or that he's not a neat, tidy player, but I've never really got the huge excitement around him.

As for Caulker, I just reckon he's playing in 2nd gear up here. He mopped up situations and brushed off some of their players like they weren't there yesterday and yet some of the game just seems to pass him by. He's hardly the commanding presence some make out, although he is strong in the air. 

Completely agree about it being a team game though mate and I get what you mean by that!

• Like 1

On 25/08/2018 at 17:06, barkblue said:

Totally agree with that he never put near enough effort into stopping Watt for the goal.