Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: St Johnstone 1 - 0 Dundee (25th Aug 2018)

TheDarkBlues

12 hours ago, Iain T Campbell said:

To the complaint that McCann has been lazy in his recruitment, many sign foreign players, do they all see them playing? We are only 3 games into the season and to say we are in a crisis situation is exaggerating things. To punt the ball up the park hoping for the best only happens in Scottish football where the ball spends more time in the air than on the ground. McCann along with Rodger's and Lennon want to change that. We haven't got the funds that Celtic and His have available to them. I think McCann has recruited well this summer apart from our striker problem. The players need time to gel and the system the manager wants to play needs time to get used to. We need patience. It is going to be a topsy-turvy season but I don't think we will be relegated.

We were in a league position crisis last season and the one before that . This is a third year of crisis, not third game.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

James Christie has written a pretty damning report on the official. Pretty much everything that's been highlighted on here is in the report with the key points being pretty neat and tidy passing with lack of tempo and firepower, attractive but seldom threatening.

St Johnstone on the other hand are described as tigerish and effective, direct, concentrated, with dangerous balls fired in and quick balls played to the wide men.

Yes. I was going to quote him on here. He is a mature, experienced fan and his reports always reflect my views and those around me. We cannot all be wrong.

We can play all the possession football we want but the simple fact is we are absolutely p*ss easy to plain against because with our slow build up we rarely actually put teams under pressure because we give them time to get men behind the ball and they wait for us to f**k it up. We are so easy to play against other managers must love playing us. We can all see it why is it our last two managers can’t? 

12 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

As a pundit NM was normally watching good teams either Internationals or Premiership games in Scotland and England.

This obviously was a factor in how he thought football should be played, nothing wrong with that in the right circumstances.

Perhaps he should have watched teams struggling at the bottom of our Premiership, the ones that survived and the ones that did not.

This would maybe have given him a better understanding of how to build a team that would establish itself in the league and make modest progress until they could sign better players.

To announce to the competition that you were going to play our from the back in a narrow formation no matter what, is in my humble opinion the hight of stupidity.

He signs new players and then insists that they fit into his failed system which only perpetrates our failure to win games.

I honestly wanted him to succeed but more than this I want my club to win matches and make progress, it pains me to say this but I think his time is up.

We have suffered enough, our message to the BOD is we are not prepared to go into the championship, take whatever action is required.

I think there is merit in your post Spirit .

TBH, although like most, I felt in NM's tactics & stlyle of play, he was imposing on our present players a level they could never attain ...  Meaning, setting high standards & being ambitious, for himself & DFC. I never took into account, part of his learning process, would be, from the high level of his own professional playing career. But as you pointed out ... the high quality stuff he watched & anlyised a professional TV pundit, would certainly be another consideration. (However I would have thought NM, had enough intelligence, to understand the limitations of the players, coming from the lower divisions...Your last two sentences (imo) says now, all that needs to be said.

21 hours ago, an-dee said:

This narrow nonsense is going to get us relegated. No penetration, no real threat, no real pace. It’s so predictable and easy to defend against. McCann has said he won’t change his style, so for me he has to go. It’s not working. I liked McCann and really, really wanted him to do well but we’re going nowhere under him (apart from the Championship). 

Let’s not go down this route any longer. Weaving pretty patterns will be of no use without playing more constructively in the opposition danger area. Fresh ideas are needed and the ability to take chances has to be developed or imported into the side. We have to change things now.

2 minutes ago, Rebbkintyre said:

Let’s not go down this route any longer. Weaving pretty patterns will be of no use without playing more constructively in the opposition danger area. Fresh ideas are needed and the ability to take chances has to be developed or imported into the side. We have to change things now.

I’d absolutely love a Q & A with McCann to be set up with the fans now to establish wtf is really going on. 

He must be aware that his tactics are simply not working and has to make necessary changes now to avoid us being relegation candidates. 

About time we had some meaningful communication from the club whether from the manager or the BOD. Ever noticed it can be days without any gen on the official. I had to email them after this season started to have the new players profiles updated as there was zero on them. (It was done after 2days) 

With no communication, we get rumour and innuendo; Why are Caulker and Kamara on the bench where is O'Dea, Why is Kerr being played out of position, etc, etc. I understand we can't give the opposition all our 'secrets' but just humour the fans a bit pleasel

Rumour leads to conflict and in-fighting on the forums because no one knows what is going on. As we all know, DCT want to write us out of history so communication from the club would be a start. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Those forwards are Championship level at best. Surely they don't deserve to start the next game after being so completely unaffective. Curran looks s player but should be used well away from defence, play him further up.

Been saying this since start of season about Curran. Play Kerr or someone else rb and him further up. He's already being targeted as our weak link. Play to his strength and get the most out of him. 

7 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

James Christie has written a pretty damning report on the official. Pretty much everything that's been highlighted on here is in the report with the key points being pretty neat and tidy passing with lack of tempo and firepower, attractive but seldom threatening.

St Johnstone on the other hand are described as tigerish and effective, direct, concentrated, with dangerous balls fired in and quick balls played to the wide men.

And as ever, he's correct. James is always honest and forthright with his opinions. He's maybe slightly overplaying how effective St Johnstone were but once they got in front, they only time they looked under any pressure was the last 5 minutes or so of normal time. 

1 hour ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I’d absolutely love a Q & A with McCann to be set up with the fans now to establish wtf is really going on. 

He must be aware that his tactics are simply not working and has to make necessary changes now to avoid us being relegation candidates. 

There was a Q&A in May when all sorts of things were 'promised'. 

WTAF has happened since then? 😖

Edited by Dondeh

29 minutes ago, RafDonDee said:

About time we had some meaningful communication from the club whether from the manager or the BOD. Ever noticed it can be days without any gen on the official. I had to email them after this season started to have the new players profiles updated as there was zero on them. (It was done after 2days) 

With no communication, we get rumour and innuendo; Why are Caulker and Kamara on the bench where is O'Dea, Why is Kerr being played out of position, etc, etc. I understand we can't give the opposition all our 'secrets' but just humour the fans a bit pleasel

Rumour leads to conflict and in-fighting on the forums because no one knows what is going on. As we all know, DCT want to write us out of history so communication from the club would be a start. 

In absolute agreement with your post Raf ... If you want to build a real feeling of camaraderie between Club & Fans/Supporters & increase attendances (winnining games is a given) then make sure there is a strong "open communication link" between Club & Fans (we shouldn't have to go through hoops, have oor ears to the ground to pick up some unfounded rumour, or hope a friendly taxi driver can pass on some recent updates)

NON-Communication means between the Top Guys & Us Ordinary Mortals, can be interptreted as a reflection of our real value ... And just how far down the Totem Pole we are.There is plenty of frustration amonst DCF fans/supporters at this time. Some truthful reasurances, thoughts & ,may ease the pain, whilst at the same time ... Stop as awe making up, oor ain wee stories.

Adblock Detected