Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: St Johnstone 1 - 0 Dundee (25th Aug 2018)

TheDarkBlues

Another frustrating day. Chances not taken from us and then poor control from Mendy in midfield opens up our stretched defence to allow Watt to score. Saints had numerous opportunities also with Hamilton pulling off a couple of great saves. 

We are never going to score many goals  with those tactics. Our build up play is painfully slow and laborious, it gives opposition so much time to reform and read the game. We must be the only team that looks for a backwards pass during a counter attack.It’s so frustrating from a fans perspective. NM needs to look at his tactics now. The players, I don’t think, are at fault here. 

• Like 3

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Everyone on here were saying he played strongest team possible etc before the game so don’t think it was the line up that was wrong... possibly tactics and not taking our chances when we were on top. 

I didn't think that was our best 11 and certainly don't think it was the best formation / system.

Hamilton looks nervy and worse than Parish.

Meekings is an absolute bomb scare would prefer that we kept Kerr Waddell. 

I think our squad is suited to playing 352 as would allow Curran and Ralph to concentrate on attacking / providing width. Kerr on the right of the 3 and Kamara in front of the defence protecting them and covering when needed would make us far more solid. 

The biggest issues for me are that the players look low on confidence and clearly aren't playing for the manager and NM is clueless tactically. 

NM has clearly lost the dressing room so has to go. 

1 minute ago, DFC1974 said:

We are never going to score many goals  with those tactics. Our build up play is painfully slow and laborious, it gives opposition so much time to reform and read the game. We must be the only team that looks for a backwards pass during a counter attack.It’s so frustrating from a fans perspective. NM needs to look at his tactics now. The players, I don’t think, are at fault here. 

At one point Kamara picked the ball up ahead of circa 5 saints players yet slowed it down immediately. It happens time and time again- it’s definately tactics and they are not working. 

Following from afar and after a few Saturday night beverages, but it seems the players are better than the results. Caulker, O'Dea, Kerr, Kamara, McGowan etc. are better than this. McCann will always be a great Dee, but this isn't working and for the good of the club, he has to go. Given the time he took to take the job in the first place, he may well resign, or maybe he is too stubborn to resign? Either way, this head in the sand routine can't continue. The club is a shambles. I feel sorry for those of you who pay to watch it on a weekly basis.

McCann is never a Football Manager. Sorry Neil but you would be better off going back to Sky.

But...but....but.... we play good tippy tappy football and the way football is supposed to be played. I’d hate for us to play route 1 etc etc. 

We’ve all had enough now and it’s time for a change. He simply has to go. No excuses just go please.

The sooner the club realise that we’re no good enough for tippy tappy p**h the better and we might actually pick up points.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, charliedee said:

Still think we have a decent looking squad unfortunately tactics and line ups are all wrong .... unfortunately he should do the right thing and walk away ...it's not working vwhat he wants to do and I don't think he'll ever change .

There may well be the makings of a decent squad there charlie' ...

But I just don't see NM ever walking away. Partly pride. But also, what appears to be, the misguided belief, that given time he will get it right.

21 minutes ago, charliedee said:

Still think we have a decent looking squad unfortunately tactics and line ups are all wrong .... unfortunately he should do the right thing and walk away ...it's not working vwhat he wants to do and I don't think he'll ever change .

63% possession away from home says it all about our tactics mate and maybe more importantly the opposition's. Teams are happy for us to have the ball.

• Star Post 1

12 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Jimmy Boyle and McPake for Saturday and get a proper interview process. We have a decent enough team, just need to play to our strengths. Robbie Neilson for me. 

Sounds just about right for me Greg' ...

But withoot wanting to sound "clever" is there no' a wee bit of a contradiction,

in advocating an "interview process" then suggesting select Robbie Neilson?

Maybe there's no' . Eh'm wondering how'll eh'll cope wi' next 7 days o' misery :tears:

Adblock Detected