The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19 (Mkii)

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Pure Fitbaw account on Twitter saying they’ve heard Hearts have made an offer for CW33 

And he was absent for the reserve game this afternoon. Doesn't mean anything on its own but I would have thought that he'd be getting a start there to keep his sharpness.

Just now, Prince Buster said:

He should move if he wants to have a career because he's being stifled at Dens.

Agree with that. Can’t see him ever amounting to anything at Dens but the right move could be the making of the laddie. Hearts to me seems a good fit for him.

• Like 1

I’d love to see us go for Christie on loan from Celtic instead of Miller. No idea if Miller is any good however Christie is real quality.

37 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I’d love to see us go for Christie on loan from Celtic instead of Miller. No idea if Miller is any good however Christie is real quality.

Wattie, agree he's quality, but as we can only sign one player from a club on loan then how about Miller on loan and Allan on a permanent (as I reckon Celtic would let him go), thus we've got two positions covered.

40 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Is Ross Jack not supposed to be wanting Christie for Sunderland? Although League 1, I guess they'd pick up more of his salary, which would probably suit Celtic. Asking does no harm, of course.

27 minutes ago, bjs said:

Wattie, agree he's quality, but as we can only sign one player from a club on loan then how about Miller on loan and Allan on a permanent (as I reckon Celtic would let him go), thus we've got two positions covered.

I think he’s on £8k a week so that’s a non starter mate. 

25 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Is Ross Jack not supposed to be wanting Christie for Sunderland? Although League 1, I guess they'd pick up more of his salary, which would probably suit Celtic. Asking does no harm, of course.

I just feel the club could do with the lift a signing like this would bring.

27 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Ross Jack? Now that brings back memories.

• Funny 1

If I was CW I would be off in a shot.

He would improve in a team full of pace and movement and that isn't DFC at the moment.

Edited by Spiritof62
  • Like 1

King Kenny is on his way.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Star Post 1

2 year deal. Good grief 🙄

• Like 1

Kenny Miller set to join Dundee. That is fantastic news. Just what we need.

Miller brings leadership, experience and a real eye for goal. Great bit of business if we can get it over the line.

BTW Craig Brewster was aged 40 when he hit double figures for ICT from 30 league games in the top flight.

• Like 6

Remind me to keep my mouth shut when I said we needed someone older with a bit more experience, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind lol

I'm happy with this to be honest. Gives him time to work with the strikers we have. Can only be a good thing !

• Like 3

Can't believe we are giving a 2 year deal to a 38 year old.

Personally, I think this is brilliant news. The lift that we need tbh. 

He’ll bring a lot more than just goals to this team as well.

Hopefully he can help McCann see sense on a few things and pass on his experience to our other forwards too.

The guys a leader and a winner. 

DDYB

• Like 6
  • Star Post 3

4 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

2 years is madness.

3 years would have been a bit much. Surely?

• Funny 5

Just now, Boba Fett said:

3 years would have been a bit much. Surely?

I would have expected the BOD to have learn't their lessons about handing out contracts like this, especially to a 38year old striker. 1 year maybe, but anything over that is madness.

• Like 1