The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Transfer and Rumour Mill Thread 2018-19 (Mkii)

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Kamara away too 😮

I think you jest too much.......... 🖕

🤣

15 minutes ago, 19seventyone said:

Caulker’s signing on fee for his next move just got much bigger.

its friday he be away on a bender

5 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I think you jest too much.......... 🖕

🤣

giphy.gif

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Kamara away too 😮

Boba, I congratulate you on this post.

i hope your next one is a hedgehog!🦔

• Funny 2
  • Like 1

Not funny Boba- the big red thumb down from me. It's been too long a day of refreshing fever for me to be able to cope with that thought! .....I'll sleep better knowing your full of gash! 😂

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

its friday he be away on a bender

Seriously?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Seriously?

Agree with you. The guy is ill and we don't know what has been happening behind the scenes at Dens Park.

36 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Hud on here.....so we turned down £1.8m for him then a couple of months later he walks away for nowt? 🤔

Did we ever turn down money for him? All these deals are smothered in secrecy. My thoughts are that if a club were in for him offering big bucks and he had a release clause why would he not simply trigger it and pocket a much bigger signing on fee. Our American owners are not stupid and are well versed in the ways of business (perhaps not football business - who knows?) and I don't see them simply letting a 'prized asset' go for nowt if it was within their control to stop it. I also think that if a fee was on offer for him and there was any way they could cash in they would likely have taken that option. Similarly if I don't know if we are any more or less secretive than other clubs but it seems to me that we the supporters are kept in the dark most of the time, maybe justifiably, maybe they simply don't want to enlighten us but I have to admit it pisses me off at times.

• Like 1

In's and Out's for this summer:

Ins: Elton Ngwatala (Kidderminster Harriers), Kharl Madianga (free agent) Jack Hamilton (Hearts), Nathan Ralph (Woking) Jean Alassane Mendy (Sporting Lokeren), Tom Bradbury (Banbury), Abil Nabi (free), Cliff Bironda (free agent) Benjamin Kallman (Inter Turku), Kenny Miller (free agent), Calvin Miller (Celtic, loan) Andy Boyle (Preston, loan), Ryan Inniss (Crystal Palace, loan)

Outs: Scott Bain (Celtic), Danny Redmond, Kevin Holt, Jon Aurtenetxe, Julen Etxabeguren, Kostadin Gadzhalov, Nicky Low, Jeremy Malherbe and Jordan Piggott (all freedom of contract) Mark O’Hara (Peterborough), James Vincent (loan Dunfermline), Kerr Waddell (loan, Morton) Randy Wolters (Released), Craig Wighton (Hearts), Daniel Jefferies (Partick Thistle, loan) Scott Cedwyn (Berwick Rangers, loan), Steven Caulker (released)

Let's be honest here, Caulker had to want to go to Rosenborg for the deal to be done. For all we know the club wanted it, Caulker said no. Club say 'we turned down big offer for Caulker'. 

I mean, I don't even think there's a Clark's 24hr bakery in Trondheim, he'd be daft to leave here for there.

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, troodee1893 said:

Did we ever turn down money for him? All these deals are smothered in secrecy. My thoughts are that if a club were in for him offering big bucks and he had a release clause why would he not simply trigger it and pocket a much bigger signing on fee. Our American owners are not stupid and are well versed in the ways of business (perhaps not football business - who knows?) and I don't see them simply letting a 'prized asset' go for nowt if it was within their control to stop it. I also think that if a fee was on offer for him and there was any way they could cash in they would likely have taken that option. Similarly if I don't know if we are any more or less secretive than other clubs but it seems to me that we the supporters are kept in the dark most of the time, maybe justifiably, maybe they simply don't want to enlighten us but I have to admit it pisses me off at times.

I get where you're coming from but we maybe felt we had a duty of care here. The guy was with us to get himself sorted and we maybe thought it would be a bit immoral (assuming we could) to transfer the guy. Having him at the club will have increased our profile, especially down in England and whatever the conditions of the contract, he's away without breaking them. Good luck to the guy and I hope for his sake he gets himself squared away.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Caulker to Preston?

Edited by 19seventyone

7 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

In's and Out's for this summer:

Ins: Elton Ngwatala (Kidderminster Harriers), Kharl Madianga (free agent) Jack Hamilton (Hearts), Nathan Ralph (Woking) Jean Alassane Mendy (Sporting Lokeren), Tom Bradbury (Banbury), Abil Nabi (free), Cliff Bironda (free agent) Benjamin Kallman (Inter Turku), Kenny Miller (free agent), Calvin Miller (Celtic, loan) Andy Boyle (Preston, loan), Ryan Inniss (Crystal Palace, loan)

Outs: Scott Bain (Celtic), Danny Redmond, Kevin Holt, Jon Aurtenetxe, Julen Etxabeguren, Kostadin Gadzhalov, Nicky Low, Jeremy Malherbe and Jordan Piggott (all freedom of contract) Mark O’Hara (Peterborough), James Vincent (loan Dunfermline), Kerr Waddell (loan, Morton) Randy Wolters (Released), Craig Wighton (Hearts), Daniel Jefferies (Partick Thistle, loan) Scott Cedwyn (Berwick Rangers, loan), Steven Caulker (released)

Average length of time at the club for the first team squad has dropped to 9 months. Excluding Cammy it's only 5 months. Is that a problem? I think it could be given that there doesn't seem to be any desire to give the manager much more time to get things right.

You look at St Johnstone. Anderson has been there 14 years, Davidson 9 years, Clark 7 years. That kind of continuity can only be a good thing and I think it's part of the reason they never end up in the bottom two.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Average length of time at the club for the first team squad has dropped to 9 months. Excluding Cammy it's only 5 months. Is that a problem? I think it could be given that there doesn't seem to be any desire to give the manager much more time to get things right.

You look at St Johnstone. Anderson has been there 14 years, Davidson 9 years, Clark 7 years. That kind of continuity can only be a good thing and I think it's part of the reason they never end up in the bottom two.

I think its only part of our problem but aye, we need to be building towards a settled team. Even from the owners perspective, giving players a settled 'work place' might save money if they think they'll be here for the long haul. The flipside being you need to get guys who aren't going to get too comfy with their feet under the table. I would like to have a more settled team though.

31 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I think its only part of our problem but aye, we need to be building towards a settled team. Even from the owners perspective, giving players a settled 'work place' might save money if they think they'll be here for the long haul. The flipside being you need to get guys who aren't going to get too comfy with their feet under the table. I would like to have a more settled team though.

Yeah a settled team is something we need to work towards.

My immediate concern is the upheaval adversely affecting the team this weekend. On the last deadline day we lost our most creative player (Allan) and our most influential centre-back Hendry. The dressing room was in disarray and we suffered a disastrous 4-1 home defeat to Ross County. In the last 24 hours we've again lost our most creative player and our most influential centre-back just before a critical home game. Will Motherwell take advantage or can the new signings inspire us to a first result of the season? We'll soon find out.

Just my opinion, but I found Caulker to be completely underwhelming in his time here. Nowhere near as the player I expected to see when I heard he was about to rock up at Dens. Disinterested, played with no urgency, and a lack of resoluteness when defending our box. I thought he started ok, but seemed to go downhill with us. 

I'm sorry we didn't manage to get a big fee for the guy (that's a damn shame), but am I sorry he's gone, no. After our transfer business today we look well covered in defense with what should be a group of hungry, physical looking defenders that should be ready to hopefully to stop being the pushovers that we have been in the last season and a bit. 

On paper any combo of 3 of Inniss, Boyle, Meekings, Kusunga with O'Dea in reserve should be looking good, of course I could be wrong.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Stampguy said:

Just my opinion, but I found Caulker to be completely underwhelming in his time here. Nowhere near as the player I expected to see when I heard he was about to rock up at Dens. Disinterested, played with no urgency, and a lack of resoluteness when defending our box. I thought he started ok, but seemed to go downhill with us. 

I'm sorry we didn't manage to get a big fee for the guy (that's a damn shame), but am I sorry he's gone, no. After our transfer business today we look well covered in defense with what should be a group of hungry, physical looking defenders that should be ready to hopefully to stop being the pushovers that we have been in the last season and a bit. 

On paper any combo of 3 of Inniss, Boyle, Meekings, Kusunga with O'Dea in reserve should be looking good, of course I could be wrong.

Hard to disagree with that. We might actually be better off without Caulker judging by his contribution to St Johnstone's winning goal. You need your centre-backs focused and committed, not wandering up the wing, making daft passes and treating games like training matches.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if i'm missing something, but does this mean we get nothing for Caulker?  

Looking back on this transfer window I can't help but think it's been a bit of a shambles. 3 defenders in on loan on deadline day and a 38 year old striker in the day before. I don't believe any of those players were our targets at the start of the window. The club also do not have any saleable assets left given Kamara can sign a pre-contract in January. I don't believe any of our other players would achieve a fee which must be a concern given that we need to sell a player to cover losses each year. 

• Like 1

At least Caulker helped keep us up, strange he left us if he allegedly fell into his old habits. Who would touch a player going through that.

3 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I'm not sure if i'm missing something, but does this mean we get nothing for Caulker?  

That is correct.

7 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Agree with you. The guy is ill and we don't know what has been happening behind the scenes at Dens Park.

well done the right thing for  him to do then going got enough passengers on board without anymore he maybe had enough of meekings  crap. no great loss

1 minute ago, Dundeefc93 said:

well done the right thing for  him to do then going got enough passengers on board without anymore he maybe had enough of meekings  crap. no great loss

sorry,,,  done the right thing going then

5 hours ago, Stampguy said:

Exactly my feelings too.

Caulker had a few games where he looked quality but he mostly looked uninterested and uncommitted. Last week he wouldn't go past jogging pace and never put a tackle in. I feel sorry for the lad if he has issues and I hope he doesn't end up in a lot of trouble  but we gave him a chance and it hasn't worked out; we're not a charity and need players on the park who are going to give 100%.

• Like 1