The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
CW 90+3 02/05/16

Rate this topic

Post of the day.

Its only going to get worse if he stays. I understand some fans don't like a legend of a player, getting slated or shouted at matches but he's bringing it on himself. I'm not easily offended and nor is McCann he knows the script. He won't walk which is a shame, so its going to cost us getting rid. 

Next manager needs to have experience and no connection to the club. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Post of the day.

Its only going to get worse if he stays. I understand some fans don't like a legend of a player, getting slated or shouted at matches but he's bringing it on himself. I'm not easily offended and nor is McCann he knows the script. He won't walk which is a shame, so its going to cost us getting rid. 

Second post of the day.

10 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Post of the day.

When NM does go (whenever it is) I don't care if the next manager has a connection to the club or not, if he's the best man for the job, or the best man we can afford for the job that is all I'm worried about. Apart from Billy Dodds maybe. :lol:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Post of the day.

I couldn't care less if the manager is a legend or not. I'm on the fence really as to whether he stays or goes. Chopping and changing hasn't done us any real good in my time supporting Dundee and I don't see appointing a new man, backing him in the transfer market and then struggling to clear out the unwanted players as the ideal solution to our current problems. We've got a half decent squad but haven't found the correct balance and formation for a number of reasons, including the managers managerial inexperience. He's proven that he can turn things around and get results in the face of adversity in the past though so I'd prefer to give him the international break to get his sh*t in order and get our first points on the board. There were positives yesterday that still offer a glimmer of hope for McCann imo.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I couldn't care less if the manager is a legend or not. I'm on the fence really as to whether he stays or goes. Chopping and changing hasn't done us any real good in my time supporting Dundee and I don't see appointing a new man, backing him in the transfer market and then struggling to clear out the unwanted players as the ideal solution to our current problems. We've got a half decent squad but haven't found the correct balance and formation for a number of reasons, including the managers managerial inexperience. He's proven that he can turn things around and get results in the face of adversity in the past though so I'd prefer to give him the international break to get his sh*t in order and get our first points on the board. There were positives yesterday that still offer a glimmer of hope for McCann imo.

In your opinion, what were the positives? The only positive I could see, was that Calvin Miller can deliver a decent cross, and even he, gave away a stupid foul that led to the second goal. Plus Källman took his goal well.

Edited by bp33

11 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

What were the positives? 

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

While I largely agree with you, especially on the chopping and changing front but also the financial aspect for the club, NM has to be firmly made aware that persisting with his brand of football has to change. We've been here before of course and for us fans that's maybe the most frustrating part. He's had a fair crack of the whip to play the way he would prefer, now at the very least we have to mix things up a bit more. I thought we did a bit yesterday and unfortunately Hamilton struggled to find a blue shirt which didn't help but Motherwell had a good idea that we would spend a lot of the game trying to play it out from the back and that they would have the opportunity to put us under pressure from it. 

I'm all for giving NM the chance to rectify things, if he's unwilling then that's on him.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Whoever makes the ultimate call at dens needs to make it now. We are getting worse. We could have brought in Shankland and we would not have been any different.  Our tactics and  setup are sub-standard in this league. They wont change because the manager cant change.  The product is awful. The desired product is wins and we are miles away.  We have now played three teams that we should have collected points from. This hasn't been a difficult start on paper, but on the park it has been a mountain. Only worse is to come as we are. Our board are now responsible for this. They have to deal with it. whatever it costs to pay off McCann, relegation will cost more.

No more old boys. Livi have just got themselves a good manager.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

While I largely agree with you, especially on the chopping and changing front but also the financial aspect for the club, NM has to be firmly made aware that persisting with his brand of football has to change. We've been here before of course and for us fans that's maybe the most frustrating part. He's had a fair crack of the whip to play the way he would prefer, now at the very least we have to mix things up a bit more. I thought we did a bit yesterday and unfortunately Hamilton struggled to find a blue shirt which didn't help but Motherwell had a good idea that we would spend a lot of the game trying to play it out from the back and that they would have the opportunity to put us under pressure from it. 

I'm all for giving NM the chance to rectify things, if he's unwilling then that's on him.

I would agree with bits of that. A firm word in his ear might be enough. However he fails to change then there is nothing anyone can do for him anymore. 

However, 17 defeats at home under him. Getting battered by Ayr United, only so many times you can save him. 

Its worrying. 

10 minutes ago, bp33 said:

In your opinion, what were the positives? The only positive I could see, was that Calvin Miller can deliver a decent cross, and even he, gave away a stupid foul that led to the second goal. Plus Källman took his goal well.

You've posted 2 positives while attempting to undermine my post. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

I would agree with bits of that. A firm word in his ear might be enough. However he fails to change then there is nothing anyone can do for him anymore. 

However, 17 defeats at home under him. Getting battered by Ayr United, only so many times you can save him. 

Its worrying. 

17 home defeats? In just over a season. That is mental.

What's the full record?

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You've posted 2 positives while attempting to undermine my post. 

I asked you a civil question. If you don’t want to answer, it’s up to you.  Can’t see how I undermined your post.

I meant to adding previous post. Surely to God the board can see that crowds are going down. Last week's Perth turnout, although  inconsequential to Dundee's financial position was th e poorest for a long time. Next home game will be less again.  I don't think that a word in McCann's ear will do anything to be honest. We now need a manager who is able to re-establish our survival position, never mind a top six one. If the football gets less ''attractive' but we start winning and picking up points again then that will do for me. Relegation will kill us. Neil McCann is unfortunately too stubborn and inexperienced. This was the same last year and we escaped because of other, not because of us.

2 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Its worrying. 

Aye, for me its last chance saloon for him. Whether we win or lose the next couple of games, as long as we're not trying to play the same predictable and slow way then I'll consider it progress. Changing managers all the time doesn't work either, we know that and I'd like to keep a manager for a good spell before he moves on to the United job (Manchester, not the circus down the road). If NM can be that man then great, I'm sure we'll all end up forgiving his early youthful exuberances. If he's not flexible enough to make it happen and is still insisting his way is the only way then at least the club will have tried to fix things. 

Just curious ... who’s going to have this firm word with McCann about switching up his footballing philosophy? Nelms? 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Hen Broon said:

Just curious ... who’s going to have this firm word with McCann about switching up his footballing philosophy? Nelms? 

I'd put him down as NM's line manager so aye, either him or its a Skype call to the States. 

Just checked. It's actually 18 home defeats if you include the one as caretaker manager the season before.

Home record under McCann in competitive games.

W 9 (including Buckie Thistle & Brechin)

D 6

L 18

Edited by CW 90+3 02/05/16

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I'd put him down as NM's line manager so aye, either him or its a Skype call to the States. 

I fear Nelms (and Keyes) would be embarrasingly out of his depth trying to have that conversation. 

Not counting McCann's interim period. 

Starting - July 2017 (all competitions) to present day. 

Home -  Played:  30        Won:  9        Draw:4       Lost: 17

Away -   Played: 27         Won: 11       Draw: 3      Lost: 13 

Edited by GregTeamDee

34 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Sorry Rev. McCann hasn't moved us forward a single step from Hartley's last season debacle for me.

If anything we're less potent in front of goal and less interesting to watch. Time for change was a while back. Not changing now is risking our future in this league, in my opinion.

I'll agree he can spot a player and some of the players he brings in do seem to perk things up for a wee while, but then it all settles down and we're left playing the same way. conceding soft goals and scoring very few ourselves.

I'm not one for caring about what the Scottish media say, but it does hurt that we're slowly becoming a comedy topic on radio and TV because everyone can see what's going on, yet we're merrily carrying on down the same road.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GregTeamDee said:

Lost over half his games in charge. Depressing reading.

Just now, Hen Broon said:

I fear Nelms (and Keyes) would be embarrasingly out of his depth trying to have that conversation. 

They don't need to get the whiteboard out, they've employed NM as their football 'expert' to get results. They could say that what they're seeing isn't working so its time for a plan B, come up with a couple of ideas and let us know, we'll consult with A. N. Other expert we know. Or just give him an ultimatum that he needs to change things up to get results, I don't care how.... over you you NM.

They might not know much about football (dunno, would guess that JN would be learning as fast as he can) but they will know that things aren't rosey and want to fix it.

6 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Atrocious stats - sackable?

14 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

The biggest issue for me isn’t the win column. 11 wins in 27 away games is actually not that bad for a bottom 6 side. The biggest issue for me is the amount of games we lose particulatly at home. I would expect us to have more than 7 draws in almost 60 games. 

• Like 2