Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Mark Whatley

Ludo*1

Been discussed on here that we've been watching a player from Arbroath the past 2-3 weeks. Turns out it's Mark Whatley, 24 year old CM. Having a week long trial at Aberdeen just now.

Signed for Arbroath from Spartans and described by Simon Murray on his SPFL Spotlight that he's the hardest trainer by far he's come across in football.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be amazing if he managed to step up to this level. Fourth tier to first tier at 25 (which he'll be in pre-season) would be a pretty impressive jump. I have my doubts but if we signed him, I'm sure we could bring him on as a player and I'm happy to get behind him. Seems like a decent enough guy as well and it sounds like he'll make the most out of whatever opportunity he gets.

Centre Mid?  Looks like we are trying to develop another original football formation - a variation of the 2-3-5 but everybody is a centre mid.

Ferry and McBride will be away in the summer and it's pretty likely that Davo will be too (although he's primarily been deployed at centre back) so would expect a couple in. Also maybe even question marks over Thomson if he has any sort of clause in his contract that hasn't been disclosed yet.

Seems this boy can cover at full back and out wide as well.

It'll be amazing if he managed to step up to this level. Fourth tier to first tier at 25 (which he'll be in pre-season) would be a pretty impressive jump. I have my doubts but if we signed him, I'm sure we could bring him on as a player and I'm happy to get behind him. Seems like a decent enough guy as well and it sounds like he'll make the most out of whatever opportunity he gets.

Ferry and McBride will be away in the summer and it's pretty likely that Davo will be too (although he's primarily been deployed at centre back) so would expect a couple in. Also maybe even question marks over Thomson if he has any sort of clause in his contract that hasn't been disclosed yet.

Seems this boy can cover at full back and out wide as well.

I think your first sentence may sum it up for me harry.  I'm not sure that 25 years old is an age to be developing a player, we would need someone to slot in after a while and then perform.  Anyway, I don't know the guy and have never seen him play so if the management think he can contribute and do a job then I'm more than willing to go along with it.  I've a feeling that the history of our last couple of recruits from Arbroath may be making me over concerned.

Greg Stewart stepped up from Junior football at the age of 21 played part-time for 3 years and has become one of the best talents in Scottish Football.

It's not out of this world to imagine that he'll be good enough. Lad must have something about him if Hartley and McInnes are showing an interest.

If he's a hard tackling midfielder he'll be perfect for our formation.

Adblock Detected