Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Drago

20 Years Ago Today

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

One of my favourite memories as a young Dee as well. Especially with the Dabs in the Provie. Get it right up you 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see you posting again Ivan :)

You mean this goal?

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ersinovski said:

Good to see the Drago back

As with yourself :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Again Ivan ...Absolutely Great Stuff (So when's Jocky coming back) ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ivan Drago said:

Been on a bit of a self inflicted hiatus from posting. However couldnt let the 20th anniversary of Dariusz thumping an injury time equaliser past Dykstra pass without a mention. Wonderful wing play from Ando, great knock back from Falconer and some suspect keeping from big Sieb.

One of my favourite Moments as a younger dee. Absolute scenes after that goal. The sort of moment that probably still gives Jim Thompson nightmares. Maybe I’m just getting misty eyed but football was just better in those days.

😍the pole 

 

Ivan welcome back - missed your posts/ thoughts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind the boy fae soldier soldier Tommy?? standing beside me going absolutely nuts when that went in 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first ever Derby, couldn't have asked for a better one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the day well.

Was standing 5th back row, middle of the benched Derry before it went in and ended up on the deck 3 or 4 rows down after it hit the back of the net.

Cracking atmosphere with the old Derry giving it large to them in the old TC Keay and Provie ends back in the days when they still travelled to Dens in numbers 🙂

Good to see you back Ivan. Top poster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Remember the day well.

Was standing 5th back row, middle of the benched Derry before it went in and ended up on the deck 3 or 4 rows down after it hit the back of the net.

Cracking atmosphere with the old Derry giving it large to them in the old TC Keay and Provie ends back in the days when they still travelled to Dens in numbers 🙂

Good to see you back Ivan. Top poster.

Being pedantic, did it ever hit the net 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kemback1997 said:

Without doubt my favourite own goal of all time!!!!!!

Davie Weirs from a Falconer shot the same season was pretty special too 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was 20 Years ago!!- Gulp!! I still think of that game as recent!!! Bad Points out the way 1st...Dens had been ruined by the dog track hence giving "Them" the Provie- BOO!!!! But the Derry was still Class.

Place went mental when that went in!! I was Standing (not sitting) at the Corner of the Derry and The TC Keay and to my embarrassment now  the 29 year old me started climbing up the Segregation Fence "Giving it large" to the band of "Fruits" on the other side of the fence!(There had been aggro all through the game at that Corner)

It was one heck of a GIRFUY Moment!!!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donny O said:

I was Standing (not sitting) at the Corner of the Derry and The TC Keay and to my embarrassment now  the 29 year old me started climbing up the Segregation Fence "Giving it large" to the band of "Fruits" on the other side of the fence!(There had been aggro all through the game at that Corner)

Was down that corner at half time as a fair amount of objects flew back and forward over the fence between the two supports exchanging pleasantries!

Was the same at all seggy fences in the 90s. Old Brockville/Morton/East End Park.

Different world at the football back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donny O said:

That was 20 Years ago!!- Gulp!! I still think of that game as recent!!! Bad Points out the way 1st...Dens had been ruined by the dog track hence giving "Them" the Provie- BOO!!!! But the Derry was still Class.

Place went mental when that went in!! I was Standing (not sitting) at the Corner of the Derry and The TC Keay and to my embarrassment now  the 29 year old me started climbing up the Segregation Fence "Giving it large" to the band of "Fruits" on the other side of the fence!(There had been aggro all through the game at that Corner)

It was one heck of a GIRFUY Moment!!!

 

 

What embarrassment?! Dabs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

What embarrassment?! Dabs

Good Point!!!! Ive celebrated goals (remember them!!??) with just as much vigour especially against "Them" since!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.