The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Souppie1893

That's Got To Be It

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

He will be given to after the Hamilton game to turn things around.

sadly probably true, should've been 3 games ago though

33 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I suspect that he'll be away on Monday morning.

Think someone with a bit of experience could improve on that quite a bit.

If the 3 game thing was p**h, then Miller and/or McPake and/or Boyle will be caretaker Manager(s) 

Edited by Dondeh

NM's priority for this season was to take the chances and score more goals. Not sure they are even being created now. The stats from today's home game are absolutely damning. 

2 goal attempts. 1 shot on goal. 1 shot off goal.

screenshot.jpg

Edited by Dondeh

34 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Think someone with a bit of experience could improve on that quite a bit.

I hope you're right. 

I don't think so.

Sacking anyone is simple, who is the tried and tested replacement who is available ?

Not just McCann. Nelms culpable too and should walk!

7 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Sacking anyone is simple, who is the tried and tested replacement who is available ?

Looks like some folk want to go down the 'management by committee' route.  Like that's ever worked.  Other than that I haven't a clue.  As well as tried and tested you forgot 'prolific' btw. :ph34r:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I suppose that is why you advertise the post and hire the best qualified person for the job, in all honesty finding his replacement might not be that hard. I'm sure we will end up with another ex-dee though, that's the way we work ;)

No-one can be happy to see a man lose his job but we all did today.His final walk from the dugout said it all as the players tried manfully to distract attention from NM by applauding the fans.But this is football and it is not as if NM will not be rewarded for failure.Now we have to see the start of the Dundee fightback -Deefiant Mark 2.-Bring it on.

• Like 1

The number of Dundee supporters is also falling. At today’s game there were 4,404. 

Surely John Nelms must realise that the fans are voting with their feet and the club is getting less money through the gates. 

At about 2.30pm I noticed a Media Unit in Sandeman Street near the ticket office filming an interview with a couple of Dundee supporters. There also seemed to be more photographers than usual taking photographs of Neil McCann walking up the touchline prior to the start of game. 

Did they know that if we lost today Neil McCann was getting the sack.

3 minutes ago, dfcman said:

No-one can be happy to see a man lose his job but we all did today.His final walk from the dugout said it all as the players tried manfully to distract attention from NM by applauding the fans.But this is football and it is not as if NM will not be rewarded for failure.Now we have to see the start of the Dundee fightback -Deefiant Mark 2.-Bring it on.

This team has no defiance within them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dfcman said:

The huddle before the game certainly did not seem to work.

5 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

The number of Dundee supporters is also falling. At today’s game there were 4,404. 

Surely John Nelms must realise that the fans are voting with their feet and the club is getting less money through the gates. 

At about 2.30pm I noticed a Media Unit in Sandeman Street near the ticket office filming an interview with a couple of Dundee supporters. There also seemed to be more photographers than usual taking photographs of Neil McCann walking up the touchline prior to the start of game. 

Did they know that if we lost today Neil McCann was getting the sack.

How do you know there were 4.404 DFC supporters?  Seems kind of exact.

1 minute ago, Attilio said:

How do you know there were 4.404 DFC supporters?  Seems kind of exact.

The attendance was 6,076 today, not 4,404 as was quoted by Islay.

• Like 1

Islay was correct, they gave the total crowd and the away support which left 4400 as the home support. 

Thought the fans tried to get behind the team and it didn’t turn nearly as nasty as I’d thought it would. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Islay was correct, they gave the total crowd and the away support which left 4400 as the home support. 

Thought the fans tried to get behind the team and it didn’t turn nearly as nasty as I’d thought it would. 

No, Islay is wrong.  My mate from England was with us today and he was a 'neutral', not a DFC.  As he said, I don't give a flying f*** who wins tbh.  Can't be any more neutral than that imo.  There were probably a few more neutrals sprinkled about.  Apologies for being pedantic here but sometimes you need to be when dealing with Mr Pedantic. 😀

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Attilio said:

No, Islay is wrong.  My mate from England was with us today and he was a 'neutral', not a DFC.  As he said, I don't give a flying f*** who wins tbh.  Can't be any more neutral than that imo.  There were probably a few more neutrals sprinkled about.  Apologies for being pedantic here but sometimes you need to be when dealing with Mr Pedantic. 😀

That’s was why I said 4400 not 4404 😉 

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Boba Fett said:

No he won’t

We just can't give him another game, surely not, he just has to go Tonight.😢😢😢😢😢

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

Even if we won though ( which they wont) 3 points from 24 is shocking....

A new man has to be in place for Monday morning...

No ex player legend or not is bigger than this football club...

He has been given 3 games to turn things around. One is gone 2 more to come. That is what I was told at the match today.

3 minutes ago, Iain T Campbell said:

He has been given 3 games to turn things around. One is gone 2 more to come. That is what I was told at the match today.

Heard exactly the same from a potential candidate