Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

SPFL New TV Deal Announced

The SPFL has announced a new broadcast tie-in with beIN SPORTS covering Australia, New Zealand and 24 countries in the Middle East and North Africa.

The arrangement has been brokered by Switzerland-based marketing agency Infront.

The move follows a broadcast deal with MP and Silva being terminated five years into its 10-year term in August.

No figures have been revealed on how much revenue the new the overseas package will generate for the SPFL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45716513

I wonder why they never released how much the new package deal would bring in for Scottish teams?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The SPFL has announced a new broadcast tie-in with beIN SPORTS covering Australia, New Zealand and 24 countries in the Middle East and North Africa.

The arrangement has been brokered by Switzerland-based marketing agency Infront.

The move follows a broadcast deal with MP and Silva being terminated five years into its 10-year term in August.

No figures have been revealed on how much revenue the new the overseas package will generate for the SPFL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45716513

I wonder why they never released how much the new package deal would bring in for Scottish teams?

totally agree TDB. What's the point of announcing the deal if they don't say how much it is worth? The only job doncaster has got is to get maximum money for the SPFL. you'd think a bit of fan pressure might help to bring some clarity to the process. Also be interesting to learn what all the club directors who are part of the management board of the SPFL think.

3 minutes ago, BCram said:

totally agree TDB. What's the point of announcing the deal if they don't say how much it is worth? The only job doncaster has got is to get maximum money for the SPFL. you'd think a bit of fan pressure might help to bring some clarity to the process. Also be interesting to learn what all the club directors who are part of the management board of the SPFL think.

After the fiasco of the Semi-finals fixtures and stating that they will play both games at Hampden Park, I think all eyes are looking straight at Doncaster right now. 

Maybe I am being paranoid about this, but not releasing the fixtures smacks of something to hide and they will probably drop the bombshell some busy Friday night news wise as not to draw attention. I hope I am wrong, but I do not put faith in SPFL and Doncaster.

There's something fishy about this. Why not trumpet the value of the deal. My thinking is that it at a lower value than the one they binned because they were not getting paid. it is really depressing to think that massaging the news like this has to be done to preserve Doncaster's job. I was thinking that perhaps John Nelms might be able to earn some brownie points with Dee supporters if he was able to shed some light on the value of the deal. Maybe this is something that all the club representatives should take an interest in. If they are worried about a backlash from their supporters then it's clear evidence that they know it's a poor deal and they should be working for a better one. Even if they gave some background details like why was a 10 year deal signed with MP Silva, they might get a bit of understanding. As it stands I think there's something to hide.

Adblock Detected