The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
teddydfc62

30 Quid

Rate this topic

Noticed last night that the club released upcoming ticket information,still cannot believe the club are charging fans 30 fecking quid a ticket to watch a game of football at dens,even for a concession it's 22quid!I know there's a deal for the Celtic and hearts game but not everyone can make evening games.Can see these 2 games being 2 of lowest home crowds we've had in the top league for quite some time. 

The Americans seem to be so far out of touch with regards to matters on and off the pitch.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, teddydfc62 said:

Noticed last night that the club released upcoming ticket information,still cannot believe the club are charging fans 30 fecking quid a ticket to watch a game of football at dens,even for a concession it's 22quid!I know there's a deal for the Celtic and hearts game but not everyone can make evening games.Can see these 2 games being 2 of lowest home crowds we've had in the top league for quite some time. 

The Americans seem to be so far out of touch with regards to matters on and off the pitch.

They have no idea mate.

I just don't think they get the Scottish culture. But where's the advice from Steve Martin? He's local and knows how we feel; why isn't he shouting up? Oh, of course; he's not allowed a say.

• Like 2

The 2-match deal for home fans for the Celtic & Hearts games did seem a good offer at the time, for our PATG fans....but maybe not such a great deal with the Hearts game now switched to a Tuesday night. 

The Board could do with inviting the DSA & DFCSS to a discussion on pricing & how to address the gradually falling home crowd....a far more crucial issue than how & where to find those additional 1,000 fans they feel we need. That won't happen, though, I guess.

41 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

They have no idea mate.

I just don't think they get the Scottish culture. But where's the advice from Steve Martin? He's local and knows how we feel; why isn't he shouting up? Oh, of course; he's not allowed a say.

Steve Martin is a partner of FPS and is entitled to a say even if his fellow partners do not listen to him. 

In my opinion Steve Martin and John Nelms are sitting nice and cosy in the Directors Box and are out of touch with the realities of the supporters. They may change their tune when the annual accounts are published and FPS have to put in their own funds to balance the books. 

Between 4300 and 4400 Dees on Satuday for a category B fixture in the sun. We've lost around 500 fans already this season.

Would imagine we'll see below 4000 Dees for the Celtic game anyway.

A real sad state of affairs when we barely dropped below 5000 Dees for any home league game in 2014/15.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Between 4300 and 4400 Dees on Satuday for a category B fixture in the sun. We've lost around 500 fans already this season.

A real sad state of affairs when we barely dropped below 5000 Dees for any home league game in 2014/15.

Going on official figures you're right about Saturday. Going on what I saw there couldn't have been more than 3,500 Dundee fans in the ground.

14 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Last Saturday there  were 4,362 people sitting in the home stands which is less than the Hibs game. 

17 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Going on official figures you're right about Saturday. Going on what I saw there couldn't have been more than 3,500 Dundee fans in the ground.

We thought there were even less PB. 

It looked about the same number of supporters we had in for the Pars game which was under 3k I think. ( there were numerous ever present season ticket holders  in the area we sit not present!!!)

1 minute ago, Valentke said:

We thought there were even less PB. 

It looked about the same number of supporters we had in for the Pars game which was under 3k I think. ( there were numerous ever present season ticket holders  in the area we sit not present!!!)

I was being generous right enough. Plenty season ticket seats around me in Coxy empty too.

It has to stop, madness. These games should be cheaper if anything, on the basis that we are likely to be beaten, if not thrashed!

Seriously, cap it at £20, Dundee.

Or do something to fix the product. 

I won’t be going to either of these games unless something changes. That’s me being someone who has a season ticket so not a hope there will be many paying 30 quid. Laughable pricing even with the deal for the 2 games. 

The board care more about getting a few extra quid from Celtic fans than they do about Dundee fans. It’s very short term thinking

34 minutes ago, blueboy said:

It has to stop, madness. These games should be cheaper if anything, on the basis that we are likely to be beaten, if not thrashed!

Seriously, cap it at £20, Dundee.

£20 will never happen. Our prices are ridiculous but they’re not way above what everyone else charges. We’re probably slightly above average when you consider other teams charge different prices for different views etc. I’d be surprised if you could get in for £20 in the top half of the Championship these days. 

We could lower the prices but there wouldn’t be a big enough increase in attendance to make up for the lost revenue. If we can get a better TV deal and it becomes financially viable for clubs to lower their ticket prices, I’d like to see a cap across the whole league so home and away fans aren’t being ripped off (probably unlikely, I know).

I’ll give one of my free vouchers to my young lad for this. I’d advise other Dees to do the same.

2 hours ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

And some dont think theres a problem.

3 hours ago, WoodStein said:

The 2-match deal for home fans for the Celtic & Hearts games did seem a good offer at the time, for our PATG fans....but maybe not such a great deal with the Hearts game now switched to a Tuesday night. 

The Board could do with inviting the DSA & DFCSS to a discussion on pricing & how to address the gradually falling home crowd....a far more crucial issue than how & where to find those additional 1,000 fans they feel we need. That won't happen, though, I guess.

We must have lost a 1000 fans since they said we needed a 1000 more. Genius.

• Like 1

I'd hope when the DFC'S "Powers to Be" hold their "in-depth discussion" on ... " How Do We Attract The Missing Fans & Increase Turnover"

At the very top of their Flip Chart (maybe even the only thing) is..."Offer the Fans a Successful Winning Team that Play Attractive Football"

(Mair likely mind, it's aboot trying tae convince the Loyal, Long-Suffering  DFC Fans ... Tae Part wi Mair money)

The 30 quid is nothing more than to get more money from away support and at the same time alienating the home support.

The two tickets was to appease elements of our support, clearly not everyone bought into this.

For home games against teams that bring small travelling support,Accies and Livvy would there be a net gain or loss if entry was slashed to say one third of usual?I know there are arguments about devaluing the product,season ticket holders rioting etc.but there has to some arguments for this.If it put 2000 on the PATG that's an extra few thousand (budgeting for VAT,additional stewarding costs).Trouble is it might not noticeably increase the gate.Dont know if any other team has tried this.I seem to think Montrose did a few innovative ideas last 2 seasons such as free admission for kids and did they not get a crowd of 2000.If things go on the way they are that would be looking like a good crowd for Dens.

Prices are a joke,in what world is it right to cnarge £30 to watch scottish football? They are basically fleecing the celtic fans,i hopw they dont sell out their end.