Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Robbie Neilson

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 hours ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Neilson makes John Hughes look like Pep. 

Id rather have Hartley than him. Leveins puppet who thought he was better than he was. He’ll be sacked next May when they miss the playoffs. 

Only person id have Hartley over is McCann, unfortunatlely still paying now for the disastrous reign under Hartley. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Only person id have Hartley over is McCann, unfortunatlely still paying now for the disastrous reign under Hartley. 

Nonsense. We're paying now for a ridiculous appointment after Hartley's departure.

An experienced manager with half a clue could have taken the squad left by Hartley, added a couple, binned some and made a fist of it. McCann has almost completely replaced the squad, has driven out perfectly good and experienced players, has frozen out others for some unknown reasons, has brought in sub standard players and is a man out of his depth.

8 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Not 'wordy' and not 'over ambitious'?  I think you'll have to flesh that out a bit to be considered for the job description.

It might be Attilio my brain is working a bit slow today, so to clarify  the point I was trying to make ...

My first impression of NM when, in front of camera, he was introduced as DFC New Manager, was

of the highest order. He was relaxed, articulate, intelligent, presentable, unflusterred and responses

flowed from him in a convincing manner. Even today (whilst DFC are in our present situation) after

listening to him again (pre & post match interviews/comments/explanations) I am left thinking ...

"I've got this wrong. This guy really does know his stuff. Just needs a bit more time & a few breaks"

But then I look at where we are in the league & reality sets in. I think he's honest. NOT  a con-man !!

He may be misguided/inexperienced. And he may well go on to greater things.

But DFC is not the place to be learning his trade (all of this is only my opinion)

I've now reached the stage, where I would probably find it "refreshing" if DFC appointed a manager,

that made the point of avoiding the TV Cameras ... AND DID ALL HIS TALKING ON THE PITCH:chaplin:

1 hour ago, Derekgow said:

I don’t get the thinking here, we are calling to get rid of McCann because he is a failed manager, then replace him with another failed manager, what’s the point in that. If he is to be replaced, surely we want  a manager who doesn’t have failed before his title.

leave Neilson and all the other failed managers to the dabs I say.

Apart from England, where has Neilson failed? He won the league at Hearts and got them 3rd in the Scottish Premiership and in Europe. On your basis we wouldn't of taken Rodgers (sacked at Liverpool), Levein (sacked at Leicester), McInnes (sacked at Bristol City).  

Keep McCann though, no manager is better than him, he hasn't been sacked yet ;) 

Hartley is far from the worst manager we've ever had at the club. He undoubtedly had his failings but the squad he inherited was not top flight quality and he managed to put together a competitive squad with a couple of outstanding players who weren't on the radar for clubs at our level - we were laughed at for his summer business the first window.

He made some big errors which, rightly I feel, ended his reign here but McCann has been backed to bring in his own squads and is now firmly his own man.

14 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Nonsense. We're paying now for a ridiculous appointment after Hartley's departure.

An experienced manager with half a clue could have taken the squad left by Hartley, added a couple, binned some and made a fist of it. McCann has almost completely replaced the squad, has driven out perfectly good and experienced players, has frozen out others for some unknown reasons, has brought in sub standard players and is a man out of his depth.

Marcus Haber, James Vincent, El bak all given lucrative 3 year contracts by the previous manager now all playing at there true level whilst we still pay there wages.

I want McCann out badly, but Hartley was an utter disaster with his signing policy of handing out 3 year deals to absolute duds, which is still costing us now.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Hartley is far from the worst manager we've ever had at the club. He undoubtedly had his failings but the squad he inherited was not top flight quality and he managed to put together a competitive squad with a couple of outstanding players who weren't on the radar for clubs at our level - we were laughed at for his summer business the first window.

He made some big errors which, rightly I feel, ended his reign here but McCann has been backed to bring in his own squads and is now firmly his own man.

Many players did Hartley sign?

Sure there was a list of them on here not long ago, could be mistaken but was it not over 40 players in over 2 years..

Hartley`s last summer dealings killed him as Dundee manager - Vincent, Williams on 3 year deals were horror mistakes as was Low on a 3 year deal etc
Actually think Kenny Miller on a 2 year deal is as bad if not worse  business by NM - Would be an utter disgrace if Miller were appointed as manager should NM be sacked

17 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

Absolutely this.

I said at the start of this season that with McCann wiping Hartley's squad into oblivion, this would be the time to judge our current manager. 

On that basis alone this season has been a massive failure so far. Poor recruitment and poor squad balance is why we are where we are. 

I genuinely think we have a squad less likely to consistently win games in this league now that we did in the lead up to Hartley's departure.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Agree, Hartley managed to get results, poor transfers in his late stage cost him. The amount of games we drew under Hartley was the highest any Dundee manager had in 20years. In fact, he won more games than any Dundee manager in over 20years.  Hartley has his critics but we weren't as bad that some make out.   

5 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Marcus Haber, James Vincent, El bak all given lucrative 3 year contracts by the previous manager now all playing at there true level whilst we still pay there wages.

I want McCann out badly, but Hartley was an utter disaster with his signing policy of handing out 3 year deals to absolute duds, which is still costing us now.

Personally I'd rather have those three (well, maybe two of them) at our disposal right now than a host of the current manager's signings and I don't rate any of those three either.  

Adblock Detected