Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Spring Arrives On Islay

islaydarkblue

Yesterday I noticed that there was a daffodil almost in full bloom in my garden and on the 8th January 2015 we had a couple of miniature daffodils in full bloom. Mind you since 8th January it has blooming cold with even a covering of snow in our garden for a couple of days.

So much for the shores of Islay being washed by the Gulf Stream (North Atlantic Drift).

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I noticed that there was a daffodil almost in full bloom in my garden and on the 8th January 2015 we had a couple of miniature daffodils in full bloom. Mind you since 8th January it has blooming cold with even a covering of snow in our garden for a couple of days.

So much for the shores of Islay being washed by the Gulf Stream (North Atlantic Drift).

Maybe it's an age thing Islay, but eh feel this has been an exceptionally, long, cold, winter .......

AND I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS OVER YET .........IT'S ANAITHER FREEZING DAY !!

We have got a few  daffs. in oor gairden. And still plenty o'weeds and a few snowdrops in bloom.

(Mind, every day is a spring day if DFC continue to go on stealing the points)

Maybe it's an age thing Islay, but eh feel this has been an exceptionally, long, cold, winter .......

AND I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS OVER YET .........IT'S ANAITHER FREEZING DAY !!

We have got a few  daffs. in oor gairden. And still plenty o'weeds and a few snowdrops in bloom.

(Mind, every day is a spring day if DFC continue to go on stealing the points)

Hi Gedee.

On Islay November and December 2014 were very wet but mild but since our miniature daffs have appeared in our garden it has got colder and colder and today as I type my post it freezing cold with a strong, bitter south east wind. Hopefully the ferry will arrive on time with our Sunday papers.

Yesterday I was watching the online updates on the Dundee FC website and it looked like one way traffic towards the Dundee goalmouth. I said to my long suffering non football wife that we will be lucky to get a draw today to which she the end of this season cannot come quick enough for her!

I switched to watching the results programme on BBC Sportscence and it is a wonder that you did hear my cheering when Paul Mitchell announced from Dens Park that Dundee had taken the lead.

I then had a couple of nervous minutes praying that they would manage to hold on for a glorious win.

Adblock Detected