The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Dundee 1967/68 Team

Rate this topic

dundee-1967.jpg

I have to say, I love this retro shirt.

Name the players and the dab?

Bobby Wilson Bobby Cox not sure Steve Murray George Stewart Alex Stuart fromt row- the wonderful Billy Campbell Jim McLean Sammy Wilson Jocky Scott not sure and big Dandy McLean 

I was 7/8 standing down at the dyke. Some view. Hardly seen anything. You could smell the liniment 😀

Edited by Baldee

John Arrol the GK and Alex Bryce beside Dandy 

18 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I have to say, I love this retro shirt.

Name the players and the dab?

I see you're also suffering from the 'international break' boredom lurgi, John. It was a classic kit, and one of our great sides. 

You might need to dip into the black'n'white 50's, to challenge GeDee & the somewhat elder posters :)  

• Like 1

Dandy McLean.  I absolutely worshiped him. I remember being in a taxi one night coming home from my sisters with my mum and dad and the driver told my dad he’d been sold to Dunfermline. I was gutted and almost in tears

13 hours ago, Dandy McLean said:

Dandy McLean.  I absolutely worshiped him. I remember being in a taxi one night coming home from my sisters with my mum and dad and the driver told my dad he’d been sold to Dunfermline. I was gutted and almost in tears

Same here. Almost became a Dunfermline supporter. First game after he was sold we drew 0-0 with Killie at Dens. No goal threat, a bit like today. 

My top three players of all time are in that pic: 1 Jocky Scott 2 Billy Campbell 3 George McLean.

11 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Same here. Almost became a Dunfermline supporter. First game after he was sold we drew 0-0 with Killie at Dens. No goal threat, a bit like today. 

My top three players of all time are in that pic: 1 Jocky Scott 2 Billy Campbell 3 George McLean.

I’m with you all the way DS.

Billy Campbell was one of the best crossers of a ball I’ve seen while running at speed. It’s a pity our players can’t see videos of these gus in action to see how the game should be played.

I remember both Sammy Wilson and Jim McLean used to get pelters from the Dundee fans.