Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Dundee 1967/68 Team

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

dundee-1967.jpg

I have to say, I love this retro shirt.

Name the players and the dab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobby Wilson Bobby Cox not sure Steve Murray George Stewart Alex Stuart fromt row- the wonderful Billy Campbell Jim McLean Sammy Wilson Jocky Scott not sure and big Dandy McLean 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was 7/8 standing down at the dyke. Some view. Hardly seen anything. You could smell the liniment 😀

Edited by Baldee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Arrol the GK and Alex Bryce beside Dandy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I have to say, I love this retro shirt.

Name the players and the dab?

I see you're also suffering from the 'international break' boredom lurgi, John. It was a classic kit, and one of our great sides. 

You might need to dip into the black'n'white 50's, to challenge GeDee & the somewhat elder posters :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dandy McLean.  I absolutely worshiped him. I remember being in a taxi one night coming home from my sisters with my mum and dad and the driver told my dad he’d been sold to Dunfermline. I was gutted and almost in tears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dandy McLean said:

Dandy McLean.  I absolutely worshiped him. I remember being in a taxi one night coming home from my sisters with my mum and dad and the driver told my dad he’d been sold to Dunfermline. I was gutted and almost in tears

Same here. Almost became a Dunfermline supporter. First game after he was sold we drew 0-0 with Killie at Dens. No goal threat, a bit like today. 

My top three players of all time are in that pic: 1 Jocky Scott 2 Billy Campbell 3 George McLean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Same here. Almost became a Dunfermline supporter. First game after he was sold we drew 0-0 with Killie at Dens. No goal threat, a bit like today. 

My top three players of all time are in that pic: 1 Jocky Scott 2 Billy Campbell 3 George McLean.

I’m with you all the way DS.

Billy Campbell was one of the best crossers of a ball I’ve seen while running at speed. It’s a pity our players can’t see videos of these gus in action to see how the game should be played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember both Sammy Wilson and Jim McLean used to get pelters from the Dundee fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.