The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Billy Dodds

Rate this topic

Billy Dodds  

178 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dodds returning to the Dens dugout as assistant?

2. 2. Will Dodds returning stop you going to games?

From the Sun

JIM McINTYRE ended 13 months out of football when he was named new Dundee boss.

The ex-Dundee United striker, 46, was appointed on a one-year rolling contract just 24 hours after Neil McCann was axed.

He wants former Dens Park favourite Billy Dodds — who was locked in talks with managing director John Nelms — as his No2.

Veteran striker Kenny Miller welcomed the appointment and insisted the team — rooted to the bottom of the Premiership — can turn the corner.

Miller said: “He’ll come in to a fully committed dressing room and fantastic working environment.

“We have a very, very good group of players — we just need a wee lift, a wee bit of confidence.

“There’s no doubt in my mind we will turn the corner sooner rather than later.”

SunSport revealed McIntyre was in the frame just hours after McCann’s sacking.

He now hopes Dodds will join him to recreate their double act at Queen of the South and Ross County, where they won the League Cup in 2016.

Dodds played for Dundee between 1989-94 and was No2 to Gordon Chisholm in 2010 when the club went into administration.

He will give up his radio and TV commitments. McIntyre faces a debut at Livingston on Saturday.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Saturday is going to be very interesting whatever happens.

Have added a couple of poll questions.

1 hour ago, Dundeefc93 said:

you can stick Billy Dodds up your a**

Its a tempting offer, but I'll maybe need a finger to start. :o

I'll still go this season if (when) Dodds comes on board because it's an emergency situation but the club can ram my season tickets if he's still here next season.

If this happens I'm drowning my grandmother.

Your move, John Nelms.

• Funny 4

Folk cutting off their noses to spite their face is not the answer by refusing to go back if Dodds gets made assistant.

The club is bigger than any individual.

Hate him,berate him whatever but don’t let this wee jug eared a**ewipe beat you.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

The club is ours, not this selfish wee prick’s so I will still attend. However if I see him he’s getting telt straight.

• Funny 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Only Dundee FC could reemploy someone who tried to have the club closed down🤯

Fans who could ill afford it put in hundreds/thousands to try to save the club only for this a***hole to try to scupper these attempts. 

I remember working my day off for months so I could afford to do my bit. The wee prick shouldn’t be allowed through the door never mind be an employee again. Totally disgusting decision.

Where is Steve Martin in this decision making. He if anyone should know the history and sacrifices fans made.

4 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Where is Steve Martin in this decision making. He if anyone should know the history and sacrifices fans made.

I’ve emailed him but he’s not responded yet.

Dodds can f**k right off and once he gets there, he can f**k off some more

Too many folk with short memories 🙄

Know of a good few folk who have emailed Keyes and Nelms direct. Lets hope nothing has been signed yet

I'm sure it won't be Dodds. That would be a disgraceful appointment. Dodds behaviour regarding Dundee is nothing short of a disgrace. 

9 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Just received a reply from SM. Safe to say he doesn’t support this.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Just received a reply from SM. Safe to say he doesn’t support this.

Interesting. Let's see if Nelms is running the club single handed, with a BoD only in name.

Heard he will be appointed today.

If nothing is signed yet,then I can only hope that someone can impress on Nelms what this will do to the supporters.

Am feeling totally gutted,but if this appointment can be stopped,it would be a huge boost for supporters morale.

15 minutes ago, bridee said:

Heard he will be appointed today.

If nothing is signed yet,then I can only hope that someone can impress on Nelms what this will do to the supporters.

Am feeling totally gutted,but if this appointment can be stopped,it would be a huge boost for supporters morale.

Surely McIntyre would have agreed the job only if he could have his choice of Assistant?.

5 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Heard its 100 percent not Dodds...

but with this board who knows...

Was away to say the same. Heard its not him