Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Who'd You Keep For Next Season?

Wattie Rojas

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Good question Wattie.

In my starting 11 id only want 4 in Bain.. Mcginn..Konrad..Stewart.

Id keep in squad - Kerr,
Mckpake - id have him n Konrad fighting it out but id want a new centre half along side yin eh them.
Mcallister - as back up

Wighton

Harris - depending how he does from now till end of season.
Mcginn - think we`ll see the real him next season... still think it was strange of PH to sign him, felt like a panic buy to me.

OUTS -
Kyle
Dyer
Gadz
Davo
Thomson
Mcbride
Boyle, Roberts, Ferry, Heff.

Gary Ivine - Id let him go... now he`s actually shocked me by playing well this season by n large but i think all in all its best to go, leave on a good note, i cant see him being in same form next season so maybe best to leave on the good terms that it is, plus i hope we can have 2 young full backs.

Gary Harkins & Mcgowan... not for me, like i said in other thread i think our midfield is rank, these 2 arent for me, there prob not as bad as i say but there def not as good as some on here say, folk rubbing themself over Harkins setting up goal (Fair enough)  Wighton pass was genius to Harkins.
Mcgowan is a headless chicken to me, baffles me when fans having a go at Mcallister for being headless chicken yet sing the praises of Mcgowan who does the same.
It wont happen.... i think the midfield is awfull, these guys are apart of it, imo we need a new midfield with 2 players in middle prefferly one being a physical presense and the only with a football brain that has energy.

Clarkson - no, not for me he`d be out.

Agree with what you say about Irvine Wattie and i agree that what i said could be deemed as harsh but i actually meant it in a nice way about Irvine.

He`s got pass marks this season, he`s had his downs with Dundee fans (myself inc) i think let him go, leave on good terms.
Next season is another year..

I wouldnt rage if he where kept on tho i dont think he should be 1st team starter next season, we`ve got to look ahead imo.

Wattie - would you not agree that our midfield is awfull.

Fair enough you like them as players but them 2 in same team does not work, ive seen enough of DFC with them to see that.

I think (AND IM GONNA THROW MY HAT ON THE LINE HERE) Mcginn will turn out to be a player once fitness is there, my thinking is have him and a strong tough tackling centre mid beside him next season with 2 wingers and i think thats the balance id want in my midfield.

Im no looking for a reaction, i havent slaughtered the 2 so i dont deserve abuse thrown my way from anyone reading, we`ve all got an idea of how we want our team to play, formation etc... that is how i want DFC to play/look

Gary Harkins & Mcgowan... not for me, like i said in other thread i think our midfield is rank, these 2 arent for me, there prob not as bad as i say but there def not as good as some on here say, folk rubbing themself over Harkins setting up goal (Fair enough)  Wighton pass was genius to Harkins.

Mcgowan is a headless chicken to me, baffles me when fans having a go at Mcallister for being headless chicken yet sing the praises of Mcgowan who does the same.

It wont happen.... i think the midfield is awfull, these guys are apart of it, imo we need a new midfield with 2 players in middle prefferly one being a physical presense and the only with a football brain that has energy.

Then we can all thank the lord you're not picking the team CC. Two of our best players that win us games.

Agree with what you say about Irvine Wattie and i agree that what i said could be deemed as harsh but i actually meant it in a nice way about Irvine.

He`s got pass marks this season, he`s had his downs with Dundee faclass and yself inc) i think let him go, leave on good terms.

Next season is another year..

I wouldnt rage if he where kept on tho i dont think he should be 1st team starter next season, we`ve got to look ahead imo.

Wattie - would you not agree that our midfield is awfull.

Fair enough you like them as players but them 2 in same team does not work, ive seen enough of DFC with them to see that.

I think (AND IM GONNA THROW MY HAT ON THE LINE HERE) Mcginn will turn out to be a player once fitness is there, my thinking is have him and a strong tough tackling centre mid beside him next season with 2 wingers and i think thats the balance id want in my midfield.

Im no looking for a reaction, i havent slaughtered the 2 so i dont deserve abuse thrown my way from anyone reading, we`ve all got an idea of how we want our team to play, formation etc... that is how i want DFC to play/look

Totally disagree regarding McGowan and harkins,however I do think mcginn could turn out to be one of,if not our best player! Yesterday he looked like the player on the park with the most class,just think he's severely lacking match fitness and also yesterday's line up was so imbalanced which didn't help

Good question Wattie.

In my starting 11 id only want 4 in Bain.. Mcginn..Konrad..Stewart.

Id keep in squad - Kerr,

Mckpake - id have him n Konrad fighting it out but id want a new centre half along side yin eh them.

Mcallister - as back up

Wighton

Harris - depending how he does from now till end of season.

Mcginn - think we`ll see the real him next season... still think it was strange of PH to sign him, felt like a panic buy to me.

OUTS -

Kyle

Dyer

Gadz

Davo

Thomson

Mcbride

Boyle, Roberts, Ferry, Heff.

Gary Ivine - Id let him go... now he`s actually shocked me by playing well this season by n large but i think all in all its best to go, leave on a good note, i cant see him being in same form next season so maybe best to leave on the good terms that it is, plus i hope we can have 2 young full backs.

Clarkson - no, not for me he`d be out.

How you can possibly compare Mcallister footballing ability to Mcgowans is beyond me

Don't agree much with you CC about McGowan and Harkins but I can appreciate that a good bit of thought has went into your post and there is an argument that they are overrated by some of our support but I think that if they are playing in a better structured consistent team, they would have been able to contribute a lot more.

My aim would be to go into next season with this structure:

---------------Bain-------------

McGinn-McPake-[n/a]-[n/a]

-------McGowan-[n/a]--------

-----[n/a] Harkins Stewart---

--------------[n/a]---------------

Those blanks may well be filled by some of the players at the club (Konrad might prove himself and hopefully McGinn takes that spot next to McGowan).

Release

Willie Dyer

Iain Davidson

Kevin McBride

Simon Ferry (I think there is a clause)

David Clarkson

Jamie Reid

Kostadin Gadzhalov

Philip Roberts

Martin Boyle

Kyle Benedictus

Free to leave

Kyle Letheren

Kevin Thomson (released if there is a clause in his deal)

Kept as squad players/potential break through players

Gary Irvine (can do better but can also do worse and with the number of players leaving, I see space for him as reliable back-up to provide some consistency)

Jim McAllister (see above)

Thomas Konrad

Luka Tankulic

Craig Wighton

Stephen McGinn

Dylan Carreiro

Cammy Kerr

If all those departures happened, that would free up 8 full first team wages with another 4 wages we are paying part of and also the legacy of last seasons renewal clauses expiring meaning we'd have a bit of money to bring in a few guys.

I'd say at least:

1 x Left Back

2 x Centre Backs (with at least one of them being more established)

1 x Centre midfielder

2 x Wingers

1 x Striker

Some of them should be more ambitious signings and established at this level and some from down the leagues (thinking Stewart and McGinn types) or not based in Scotland.

Will asses Wighton and Kerr situations in pre-season.

"Gary Irvine (can do better but can also do worse and with the number of players leaving, I see space for him as reliable back-up to provide some consistency)

Jim McAllister (see above)"

These both have to move on at the end of the season, good all round workers but not premiership quality...the number of times we lose the ball from McAllister is frightening....

Keep -

Bain

P McGinn

Konrad

McGowan

Stewart

Harkins

Harris

Wighton

Carriero

Kerr

Tank

Unsure as could be squad players -

Boyle

Irvine

JMac

Let go -

Thomson

Ferry

McPake

Godzilla

Clarkson

Heffernan

Dyer

McBride

Benny

Roberts

Reid

Davo

Letheren (only as he will not stay to warm the bench)

These both have to move on at the end of the season, good all round workers but not premiership quality...the number of times we lose the ball from McAllister is frightening....

My worry is that with the number of players going out, if any of our future more ambitious signings don't work out for whatever reason or they don't show a high level of application at least, we could end up in a bit of a state. Ross County let a couple of guys in the same boat go (namely, Ikonomou and Kettlewell) and their more ambitious replacements haven't worked out which has left them a lot worse off than they were. We should have enough of a budget to have a couple of settled squad players while signing a lot of players on good money so doesn't seem too much of an issue for me.

I don't really see what 'Premiership' quality is actually defined as. There are a few sides in this league that I'm certain that both Irvine and McAllister would get a regular game for and above that, there are a few where they would be appreciated as good squad players.

I do understand where you are coming from though as I will agree that if we are to progress as a club, we need to find better than them (I just think we need to be careful with our pace of change).

wattie_rojas, on 15 Feb 2015 - 7:47 PM, said:wattie_rojas, on 15 Feb 2015 - 7:47 PM, said:

Ignoring contract lengths?

Bain

McGinn

Irvine

Kerr

Black

Mcpake

Konrad

Ggh

McGowan

Tank

McAllister

Wighton

Carreiro

Stewart

S McGinn I'm undecided on.

Ditch:

Letheren

Dyer

Gadz

Davo

Thomson

McBride

Boyle

Reid

Benny

Roberts

Heffernan

Ferry

Clarkson

I'll go with your list Wattie although I would give S McGinn, Thomson, Ferry and Ghadz the rest of the season to see how they perform.. I would imagine Letheren would be away himself looking for a new club.

edit to say I think S McGinn is on a deal for next year so he's here anyway.

Adblock Detected