The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Dens Bound Rhino

Heeds Pickled!

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

This is the response  folk have been getting  today.

Hi Dondeh,

At least I received a reply and I took the opportunity to thank John Nelms PA for her prompt reply and update.

I then said ‘Will you please ask John to make arrangements to remove the Development Land for sale sign situated on the proposed access road to the new stadium development and the hoses lying on the Stairway to Heaven which are an eyesore.

I received an email from John Nelms PA stating ‘I will pass it on’. Thank you.

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

Cobra have you set up a "Yes-No Poll" on the Dodds situation yet? .... (I may have missed it)

Starting to get the impression that the probable 100% NO figure is starting to turn. Now 99%?

Anyway, eh'm off to bed. Strange kind o' day this has been. The whole situation's been a mess.

John Nelms is the "key" on BD here, quite simply I believe he was "testing the water" (reaction of fans on a BD appointment) well he got it and by a large majority the Dee's fans don't want him on the payroll.  Now a child of two would be able to work out that Billy Dodd's as Assistant Manager would be a disaster for the Club (run of defeats etc and the hysteria would be uncontrollable almost).

I think JM could do a job for us and I'm sure he could find a suitable qualified Assistant, however, if he doesn't get his own way then he could be off, the choice will be his to a degree, but I think he may well decide on the former.

Still think it was a mistake to sack NM, should've got a wee bit more time, its only my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Derekgow said:

Yes, everybody knows that, we have yet to know his reasons for it, only he knows that.

Apparently in the press Dodds stated that he voted against the CVA because he had been badly treated. 

If he thinks that he was badly treated back then it would be interesting to know what he (Dodds) thinks about the posts on social media including this forum about him possibly being appointed Assistant Manager of Dundee Football Club. 

I'm genuinely starting to think we should accept that he'll be assistant as we will only cause ourselves more issues if we don't. I just want to start getting behind the team and McIntyre as they need that now. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately I spelt John nelms name as Nelmes which is of course wrong. E mail came back so forwarded it to correct e mail address forgetting to alter the name on the actual e mail. I doubt he will have someone reply to me. I did say no Dodds please and explained why. Incurekt spelin is nawt sew baad. 

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Dondeh,

At least I received a reply and I took the opportunity to thank John Nelms PA for her prompt reply and update.

I then said ‘Will you please ask John to make arrangements to remove the Development Land for sale sign situated on the proposed access road to the new stadium development and the hoses lying on the Stairway to Heaven which are an eyesore.

You’re at the humour again Islay !

11 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

You’re at the humour again Islay !

On the contrary I took the opportunity to ‘strike while the iron was hot’.

I am sure that you will remember the saying ‘nothing ventured nothing gained’.

1 hour ago, islaydarkblue said:

He faces the wrath of the Dundee supporters at the first home game at Dens next Tuesday evening. McIntyre will not last long as manager with the Dundee supporters hounding Dodds. 

Dodds should stick to being a football pundit. 

Time will tell but I think that you are wrong. Most fans never uttered a cheap the half dozen or so times he came to Dens before. In my opinion he, if he comes may become the patsy if things don't get any better. He, and McIntyre have untill Saturday at 4.45 plus stoppage time.

The thing for me is, we invite McIntyre in, sit him down and ask him.

'Are you the man who can turn round our fortunes?' - 'Yes'

'Are you confident that you can get the best out of this team?' '- Yes'

'Would you be willing to do this on a one year rolling contract?' - 'Yes'

'Can you do that with the squad that's here?" - 'Yes'

'Over and above that, do you have a long term plan for the club?' - 'Yes'

'Can you galvanise the support behind you?' - 'Yes'

'Are you the best candidate for this job?' - 'Yes'

'Can you do all this without Billy Dodds?' - 'No'

McIntyre either believes he can do these things, or he can't. If it's jobs for the boys, or actually a double act, then why aren't they co-managers? What if Gerrard ends up at Liverpool and Dodds - because he's so indispensable - gets offered the job at Ibrox? Does McIntyre say 'ah, well lads, without wee Doddsy I can't do it, I'm off'.

This is all bulls**t. Amateur half hour yet again. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cookie said:

Time will tell but I think that you are wrong. Most fans never uttered a cheap the half dozen or so times he came to Dens before. In my opinion he, if he comes may become the patsy if things don't get any better. He, and McIntyre have untill Saturday at 4.45 plus stoppage time.

Hi Cookie,

When he was previously at Dens with Ross County he had nothing to do with Dundee but if he is appointed Assistant Manager we will be paying his wages and that is a different ball game. 

35 minutes ago, cookie said:

Some of the stuff shouted at Bomber, right from the off, from the stands would suggest that the Dundee support might not 'hound' Dodds, but it won't take much to start the unrest. 

He must be regretting now the stand he took during admin. It shows how careful we ought to be about what we even print on forums and social media in case we come to regret it later on. I was not overjoyed by the MacIntyre appointment but he is here now so we have to get behind him and give him time to put his ideas into practice. He might have learned much from his previous experiences with previous clubs and turn out to be a good appointment. He might persuade Stephen Dobbie to come to Dundee. That would solve our scoring problem in one fell swoop.

3 hours ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

I still can't believe we're in this position but we are. I have definitely come round to the idea of McIntyre being our manager. Looking at his experience at this level, the success he has had at Ross County and the position we find ourselves in it is clear he is, in all but name, the manager we have all been screaming out for. The obvious issue is Dodds. The relative success McIntyre has had at Ross County has been achieved with Dodds by his side. How much influence he's had on things like tactics, signings etc we won't know but if McIntyre wants him then should we as fans look to take the moral high ground here and just get on with it?? As I type that I still don't know if I can but what are the alternatives? Ideally Jim would have others that he trusts to be his no.2 but if he is adamant that it's to be Dodds then do we derail potential progress with a witch hunt? What then? f**k knows but if it means we avoid relegation this year then I might have to swallow my pride and let him get on with it. It makes it harder when a true gent and club legend is shown the door and Dodds walks in but it has to be about the club. Can enough fans take this view to make it viable?

🙄

McIntyre needs Dodds and Dees need Anyone But Dodds.

Image result for despair gif

• Funny 1

It’s all getting a bit Brexit. One side is going to have to give in or we are going to be in turmoil trying to move forwards.

Been thinking about it all day and have come to the conclusion that although I would personally prefer Dodds not to be here, if our new manager feels he needs him I’m prepared to take that.

It will either work and we will improve or it won’t and they’ll both get sacked.

• Like 1

as much as I don't think Dodds should be employed by the club.. it may count as an irony that those who accuse him of nearly killing the club by financial means.. are those who will withdraw their much needed dosh in protest if he gets the gig,,, and that, of course, is their prerogative.. 

• Like 3

If McIntyre can't do the job without Billy Dodds, then is McIntyre really the right man for the job? Doesnt say much about his belief in his own ability to me. It's not Jose Mourinho or Pep Guardiola we're talking about here, it's Billy Dodds! Hardly a renowned football coach that the club can't do without. There must be tens of thousands of Football coaches on the planet and only a handful are persona-non-grata at Dens. Billy Dodds hates Dundee since the CVA affair. He voted to liquidate the club then and it has been evident in all his media work since then. Nelms but be a masochist if he is going to employ Dodds.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, islaydarkblue said:

Hi Dondeh,

Never change Islay, never change. 😀

Edited by HK Blues

Am I missing something here? What exactly has the club said about an assistant or Dodds?

I have little idea how a negotiation would go between a club and prospective manager, but surely the issue of backroom staff would have been agreed at the contracting stage. If Dodds were part of his backroom staff, that would be announced. Surely there are enough Dees in the boardroom who remember that time to advise the Americans on the Dodds situation?

Or do some fans think that the board are so inept that they forgot to discuss backroom staff, knowing they had just sacked an assistant?

This screams of fans adding arms and legs. What starts off as opinions quickly have the appearance of facts.

I've not read all the reports, so it is very possible I've missed something, and it is of course also entirely possible that Dodds was part of the deal, nobody advised the board on his history with the club and now they are shi**ing a brick due to the backlash of the prospect of him being employed at Dens.

Edited by Garageflower
Grammar Llama

29 minutes ago, Garageflower said:

Am I missing something here? What exactly has the club said about an assistant or Dodds?

I have little idea how a negotiation would go between a club and prospective manager, but surely the issue of backroom staff would have been agreed at the contracting stage. If Dodds were part of his backroom staff, that would be announced. Surely there are enough Dees in the boardroom who remember that time to advise the Americans on the Dodds situation?

Or do some fans think that the board are so inept that they forgot to discuss backroom staff, knowing they had just sacked an assistant?

This screams of fans adding arms and legs. What starts off as opinions quickly have the appearance of facts.

I've not read all the reports, so it is very possible I've missed something, and it is of course also entirely possible that Dodds was part of the deal, nobody advised the board on his history with the club and now they are shi**ing a brick due to the backlash of the prospect of him being employed at Dens.

He wasn’t advised or he didn’t listen. Either way it’s ridiculous.

Just now, Boba Fett said:

He wasn’t advised or he didn’t listen. Either way it’s ridiculous.

What is ridiculous though. The fact that Dodds isn't the assistant manager?

Having just watched the 2 interview videos of Nelms and McIntyre, both were asked about an assistant (JM) or Dodds (JN). JN's response to the Dodds question seemed to me to be an effort on JNs part not to embarrass someone else in football, cos he is a professiinal and it would look bad if he came out and said, "No definately not him"

When the question of an assistant was posed to JM, he said they have still to decide on a candidate. Now...if him and Dodds are as tight as everyone thinks, then it would have come up in the contract negotiations. So he was either told "no, find someone else" or he wasn't a candidate to begin with.

Just now, Garageflower said:

What is ridiculous though.

The situation the club now finds itself in.

Best case scenario - manager feels undermined from day one.

Worst case scenario - full scale mutiny amongst fans.

Already a no win scenario and it all should have been avoided.

6 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

If I was JM, I would be thinking that at least I have gotten that monkey off my back!

20 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

If I was JM, I would be thinking that at least I have gotten that monkey off my back!

Wouldn’t we all.. but that’s definitely not what our new manger will be thinking. 

The guys clearly an integral part of how JMc works.

As Renton once said - It’s a sh**e state of affairs.

Needs put to bed one way or another - hopefully today.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

What evidence do you base this on apart from fan talk. If that were the case he wouldn't have signed in the 1st place