Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Spl Attendances

Ivan Drago

I notice that we were second top of the attendance charts this week with a crowd of just over 5,500 and the biggest attended game was a measly 6,700.

I appreciate that with the Edinburgh clubs and Rangers down in the Championship this is distorting things but is this level of crowd sustainable for a top division and why are they so low? Every other crowd was sub 4k which is poor imo. What can be done to change and improve things?

I think we all accept that the product of show is very poor and those that attend are only doing so out of extreme brand loyalty but that in itself is unsustainable. I appreciate I am asking the wrong audience and should be asking Doncaster and Regan but how do we rejuvenate the game up here and get bums back on seats, or are we just watching a lingering death.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

You've missed that it was the sides (us apart) with the smallest home crowds who all played at home this week. No doubt in a couple other weeks it'll be all the big home sides inflating the number and ours could easily be the lowest.

In general is be happy to bet that each teams avg attendances are pretty much on par with their last 10 years top flight average, Celtic apart ofcourse.

As you say Ivan, missing three of the top four supported sides in the country leaves a big hole.  Add to this a couple of other things.  Motherwell and Kilmarnock are struggling and so their attendances will be down(slightly).  Also, in terms of attendances, I tend to view StJ, StM, ICT, Ross County and Hamilton as lost causes.  These teams could be playing in the Champions League and their crowds would still be mediocre to poor.

As long as we continue to play in weather and conditions like we have experienced in the last couple of months, I don't think we will attract the casual football supporter to become a regular.  It will always just be the diehards like us. 

Boys who go on about PATG fans walking away and such. Lucky if there is 50 per game.

Lucky if there are 5!

I struggle to believe someone would make the effort to get to Dens only to not go in cause they have to purchase a ticket first.

The guys who bring this up every week are just doing so to make issue with the board.

Football is badly attended.

Why sit uncomfortable when you can sit on a nice chair or in a pub.

Boys who walked all the way to dens, if they don't walk round the corner to ticket office then find it strange.

PATG guys just aren't there these days.

Disagree mate

I paid at the gate for a number of years after I moved to Edinburgh just because it suited me more. PLenty folk pick and choose there games.

I would agree that the concept of a sleeping support that will sudenly come flooding back is probably a thing of the past.

We have plenty PATG supporters.

We had over 7500 at the first home game against Killie - 500 Killie fans and 4000 season ticket holders leaves nearly 3000 home fans paying at the gate.

Derbies and Celtic game have 3000 paying at the gate.

Even at home to Ross County on 4th January -  A Sunday afternoon game after a horrendous run of results that culminated in a 6-2 derby pumping the attendance was just over 5000. -4000 season ticket holders and 100 Ross County fans still leaves 800-900 or so paying at the gate which is remarkable given the circumstances of that game.

Playing football in the Summer when the weather is better and the pitches resemble something better than a ploughed field would be a start.

And as some boys on Dee-Mad have muted, It might get the Scottish game a better deal from Sky etc, as the product would not be competing with English Fitba every week.

Thats my belief

Previously I was a staunch traditionalist and beleived only in winter football. However I now travel from Edinburgh for home games and the thought of a few beers on the train and a nice sunny day sure beats a pitch dark drive home thats for sure.

Adblock Detected