The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
bp33

We Will Get Better.

Rate this topic

Must admit I felt some sympathy for Jim McIntyre last night.

Without an assistant he looked totally lost—he didn’t know which way to turn for advice. 

I’m no fan of Dodds, but we need to sort out this number two saga one way or another before it’s too late. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dee_Dee said:

The last 2 performances have been just as bad or worse than what McCann was getting out of them. Carry on like this and we will be down by Christmas.

You obviously missed the Ayr united game and the Dunfermline game.

Just now, BigG said:

You obviously missed the Ayr united game and the Dunfermline game.

Been at every game except Ibrox

6 minutes ago, BigG said:

Wow, if the players were playing for McCann, how come we had the worst record in Europe? There was absolutely no improvement under McCann. JM will be coming to terms of how bad this Dundee side are. 

Mcintyre could easily use the Dodds carry on to walk, must be wondering what he has let himself in for...

Whilst the previous manager still thinks they are all great players and its all the referees fault...

Edited by Mr Sensible

3 minutes ago, Hen Broon said:

Without an assistant he looked totally lost—he didn’t know which way to turn for advice. 

I’m no fan of Dodds, but we need to sort out this number two saga one way or another before it’s too late. 

If he is clueless without a no2 he shouldn't be our no1.

Of course he needs a no2 but he should still be capable of setting up the team to give us a chance in the game and motivating the players. If not he is the wrong appointment and we ae going down.

He looked in full panic mode as has realised the enormity of the task. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Sensible said:

Mcintyre could easily use the Dodds carry on to walk, must be wondering what he has let himself in for...

Whilst the previous manager still thinks they are all great players and its all the referees fault...

Let's hope so and we appoint Boyle and Mcpake as caretaker managers. Then we should advertise the job and interview the best candidates and make the best appointment. As it stands we'll be down for Christmas.

• Like 4
  • Star Post 1

Just now, nemsadzDEE said:

If he is clueless without a no2 he shouldn't be our no1.

Of course he needs a no2 but he should still be capable of setting up the team to give us a chance in the game and motivating the players. If not he is the wrong appointment and we ae going down.

He looked in full panic mode as has realised the enormity of the task. 

I hear what you’re saying, but it was already a mammoth task without Jim being hamstung by not having his own backroom team behind him. 

Personally, I couldn’t do my job to the best of my abilities without a solid team in my corner. 

1 minute ago, Hen Broon said:

I hear what you’re saying, but it was already a mammoth task without Jim being hamstung by not having his own backroom team behind him. 

Personally, I couldn’t do my job to the best of my abilities without a solid team in my corner. 

I agree mate, it's a huge oversight that JM was appointed without discussing the BD situation. If JM said he needed Dodds to keep us up we should have moved on.

He was never going to be a popular choice but we will give him a chance. If you throw Dodds into the mix then he will lose any goodwill and the fans who can be bothered to turn up any more will turn on him. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BigG said:

Wow, if the players were playing for McCann, how come we had the worst record in Europe? There was absolutely no improvement under McCann. JM will be coming to terms of how bad this Dundee side are. 

We had a very poor run, followed by a win down at Hamilton, where it was clear at the final whistle what it meant to the players and to NM. This was followed up by a decent performance against a very good Killie team - only undone by a complete fluke and a blatant dive. 

Every game this season we were competitive bar Ayr & Rangers. 2 games into JM reign and we are no where near the (poor) level we were under McCann. I remain convinced that McCann would have had us safe this season if giving the season - bringing someone else in was to do better than safe (as Nelms said himself) problem is he hired the wrong man

Edited by Dayster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dun_d_rob said:

He is not powerless. I can’t imagine many other managers better or worse records than JM would have failed as badly to have us better organised than we were in last 2 games!! 

I still cannot believe that with an experienced former international striker , who you’ve made captain , isn’t told to take the penalty kick. It’s an enormous error of judgement. I don’t think it would have changed the result but it concerns me massively. He needs to start thinking with his head quickly 

32 minutes ago, nemsadzDEE said:

Let's hope so and we appoint Boyle and Mcpake as caretaker managers. Then we should advertise the job and interview the best candidates and make the best appointment. As it stands we'll be down for Christmas.

Thanks to the last manager

52 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We had a similar situation in 2010 when Chisholm replaced Jocky. The board seemed more interested in appeasing fed-up fans than listening to what the players wanted. And here we are eight years later making the same mistake. All Nelms had to do was have a word with a few key players and ask if the removal of McCann would help the team. I'm sure he would have been left in no doubt that the players were happy in training and keen to carry on with NM in charge.

So many of our players have regressed, gone into their shells or downed tools in the space of a week it's frightening. I think the players have lost faith in the hierarchy and we're seeing the consequences on the park. I'm sure they have professional pride but they don't look committed to the cause. Very worrying with Celtic to come.

All bubbly in training apparently. Embarrassed by Saturday apparently. But still unable to go 2 minutes into a game without conceding. 

43 minutes ago, Hen Broon said:

I can’t accept that the guy can’t manage without his pal. Ask the tea lady for advice on who should take a penalty- unlikely she would have picked the wrong miller. I feel zero sympathy for McIntyre - he knew what he was coming into , he’d seen the team, he knew the window is sh*t until January, he knew his pal would not be a popular choice , he has earned his first weeks wages. If he walked tomorrow I could not care less

8 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I can’t accept that the guy can’t manage without his pal.

I don't care if it's his pal, but he needs someone suitably qualified to help get us out of this mess. 

18 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I still cannot believe that with an experienced former international striker , who you’ve made captain , isn’t told to take the penalty kick. It’s an enormous error of judgement. I don’t think it would have changed the result but it concerns me massively. He needs to start thinking with his head quickly 

Seems a crazy decision from JM - a lot of pressure to put on young Calvin. Even if its not Kenny, Darren O'dea has scored plenty from the spot in his time too. Very strange call

• Like 1