Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee And United Loan Stars Can Make It To The Top Of The Tree

JoeCovenant

Source: The Evening Telegraph

Dundonian Bobby Linn promises city fans are in for a treat when the players currently on loan from Dundee and United return from Arbroath this summer.

But, before they head back, the ex-Dundee man feels Dylan Carreiro, Simon Murray and Marc McCallum can help the Lichties clinch promotion.

Dark Blue Carreiro and Tangerine McCallum are on loan at Gayfield until the end of the season, while Murray has stayed there on a similar basis after signing for United early in January. And, although Arbroath have been going through a 
tough patch recently, Linn believes all three are destined to thrive at the highest level.

“They’re all good players and they’ve done well for us,†said the man whose career started at Dens Park. We’ve been playing Dylan just off the front and he’s shown he’s a good player. He’ll definitely be good enough for the Premiership. People see players drop down on loan and think they should be good but what they forget is it can be hard going.

“You’re talking about young boys and it’s about getting experience of playing competitive football. For boys like Dylan, who’ve bags of skill, they’ve to adjust to pitches that might not be as good as they’re used to but he’s done that. When he’s in the mood he’s a very good player.

“With Simon, it’s different because he was coming up the way when he joined us from the juniors. He’s been brilliant. We’ve had a sticky patch since the turn of the year but he’s scored 18 or 19 goals this season and without them we wouldn’t be at the top. Simon is adjusting to full-time training right now and I could even see him going out on loan again next season but he has something and I’ve told him he’s got a real chance.â€

As much as he rates those two, Linn suspects keeper McCallum might just be the pick of the bunch. If he’s No 1 at United next season, his temporary team-mate won’t be surprised.

“Marc’s a great lad and a very good keeper. He might just be the gem. If Simon’s goals have got us to the top of the league, his saves have kept us there and he’s one who can go a long way. He’s young and might be United’s No 1 for a long time. For me, as well as being a really good keeper, he’s a great lad. He’s come here and got on well with the lads. He’s not like a loan player, he’s one of us and he wants to win promotion as much as anyone.â€

Despite that sticky patch, Linn remains convinced Arbroath can go on and win League Two.

“We haven’t done well since New Year and I can’t put my finger on why because training has been sharp. It’s maybe a confidence thing. The big thing for us is, although we haven’t had a good run, we’re still top and have games in hand. We head to Annan on Saturday and the aim is to take points then kick on for the rest of the season.

“Albion Rovers and Queen’s Park will push us but, if we play as we can, we’re the best team. Now we’ve got to get back to showing that.â€

Returning to the subject of loan players, Linn admits if he’d taken that route his career may have followed a different path.

“I might have gone out on loan at Dundee but I wanted to leave instead. Looking back, that was stupid. I behaved like a spoiled wee boy and it was a mistake. I look at Scott Robertson, who went to Peterhead when he was having maybe not the best time at Dens, and see how he came back and what he’s gone on to achieve.

“Come more up to date and you see how Chris Erskine went back to Partick when he was struggling at Tannadice last season and rebuilt his confidence. I’m one of the more experienced boys at Arbroath now and when I speak to the younger ones I say to them if you work hard and back yourself you can succeed.

“If you have to go on loan to do that, it can be good for you.â€

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Adblock Detected