The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Hibs V Dundee

Rate this topic

Hibs v Dundee  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting when the Dee go to Easter Road?

• A surprise win
    • A hard-fought draw
    • A narrow loss
    • A crushing defeat
  2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI?

Well done to the manager for putting  some fight and belief into the team. We need to cut out the dafties although looking again at  the goal, they likely  would have scored if Kusunga left it. Still a bad break though. Great point

Well deserved draw today especially considering that we were 2 - 0 down. 

Well done to the lads for not giving up and letting the heads go down!

9 minutes ago, Valentke said:

We need to catch both Saints and Accies- we are a point closer to 10th than this morning 👍

Definitely the glass half full view but tend to agree. Is it that teams like Aberdeen & Hearts play better against us than others or was it because we were crap against them. I tend to think both. Apart from today we have underperformed against such teams but I still have the feeling that we have been a little unlucky meeting same teams in that they have been in better form when we met them. I have said a number of times before that I still cannot believe the result in the season's opener at St Mirren. If that game hade gone our way as it shopuld have then the league would have looked a whole lot better. A draw next week for Hamilton/St Mirren and a win v Hamilton for us at Dens and I will dare to hope!

• Like 1

Didn’t see a point coming after 40 mins so all credit pulling a draw from that game. Just highlights the poor draw at home to st mirren. Anyway time to kick on. Certainly no over this season gonna be a long haul tho. 

6 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Well deserved draw today especially considering that we were 2 - 0 down. 

Well done to the lads for not giving up and letting the heads go down!

agreed. i wonder how long ago the team/management merited  comments like that?

• Love 1

2 goals in 2 games for Kenny Miller, both important goals for us.  What a difference having a goalscorer playing up front makes.

• Star Post 1

Whilst I am not exactly swinging from the chelandelears (May not be the correct spelling but who cares) I am pleased that there appears to be some fight in the team imo. A happier weekend but hopefully will get better in the next few weeks.

Apathy starting to be replaced with a wee bit of pride- time for everyone, who can,  to get along to Dens in a fortnight and provide “Deefiant” backing. 

• Like 6

Gowsers Goal 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valentke said:

Apathy starting to be replaced with a wee bit of pride- time for everyone, who can,  to get along to Dens in a fortnight and provide “Deefiant” backing. 

Absolutely this. Will be a struggle but we have been through these before. If we could get the crowd going then you never know. Dens can be  a hostile environment when the crowd get behind dundee. 

• Like 1

The belief that JM appears to have given to some of these players and the team in general is striking.  In recent times we would have been beaten at 1-0 with particular players waving the white flag.  Not this bunch.  Coming from 2-0 behind at Easter Road against a more than decent Hibs team deserves some plaudits.  Well  done to everyone involved and supporting the team.  Really looking forward to the Hamilton game now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

Delighted with that. Unbeaten in two games now, confidence will be on the up! This isn't McIntyre's squad yet, so this is a massive improvement going to Easter Road, where Hamilton got 5+ against them and we come away with a point and did have chances to win. We were organised and creating chances, radio saying Dundee were well 'structured' something I haven't heard in a while! 

Doesn't matter about St Mirren's result today in my view. We are closing in on Hamilton which is the aim.  

We can do this! 

Agree with everything you say, Neil McCan't, has left our Club in a hell of a mess, including the 5 / 6  wage stealing wasters, that are not physically or mentally prepared to follow Jim McIntyre's future game plans, so today's result, does show progress, good seeing us being far fitter now, after Jim got rid of McCan'ts so called fitness coach.

8 minutes ago, Attilio said:

The belief that JM appears to have given to some of these players and the team in general is striking.  In recent times we would have been beaten at 1-0 with particular players waving the white flag.  Not this bunch.  Coming from 2-0 behind at Easter Road against a more than decent Hibs team deserves some plaudits.  Well  done to everyone involved and supporting the team.  Really looking forward to the Hamilton game now.

McGowan's attitude was spot on today and never let up.

The one player who has impressed me since coming back into the team has been the 'General'. Pity about the own goal today though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

McGowan's attitude was spot on today and never let up.

The one player who has impressed me since coming back into the team has been the 'General'. Pity about the own goal today though.

Agree with you on the above and it never ceases to amaze me the effect that a settled 'core' team can have.  I would add that in the poll at the top of this page, the leader in choices to start is O'Dea with 53 out of 54.  I don't think his return to the team and our better form is any coincidence.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

7 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Agree with you on the above and it never ceases to amaze me the effect that a settled 'core' team can have.  I would add that in the poll at the top of this page, the leader in choices to start is O'Dea with 53 out of 54.  I don't think his return to the team and our better form is any coincidence.

And NM tried to punt him to Falkirk an hour before the window closed 🙄

2 minutes ago, Valentke said:

And NM tried to punt him to Falkirk an hour before the window closed 🙄

Yes, frightening.

10 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Nathan Ralph seems to be making the left back position his own, that was a great effort from him for the first goal today, beat his man and put in a great cross for Miller to score.

O'Dea has shown in the last few days why he shouldn't have been left out the team. It is interesting that both Innis and Boyle have been no where the team.

Haven't we played more or less 4-4-2 with players in their correct positions for a good few games now?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Yes, frightening.

Agree, O'Dea is a leader we have been crying out for. McIntyre will bring in players who can play at this level. 

Nabi, Elton, Deacon, Boyle, Mendy and maybe Moussa will all be away come January. Maybe even Meekings tbh, how he is captain is beyond me, another McCann masterclass. 

Will be an exciting January though!