The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Hibs V Dundee

Rate this topic

Hibs v Dundee  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What are you expecting when the Dee go to Easter Road?

• A surprise win
    • A hard-fought draw
    • A narrow loss
    • A crushing defeat
  2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI?

I think Boyle may still have a part to play and would t be surprised if his loan is extended ....the rest good 👋 

Just shows how  shockingly poor McCann  was.  Can't help but wonder how we might be now  if only Nelms had done what was needed earlier. The least  he can do is give McIntyre some funds to try and sort the squad out in January, to make amends for his serious error of judgement.

6 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Agree, O'Dea is a leader we have been crying out for. McIntyre will bring in players who can play at this level. 

Nabi, Elton, Deacon, Boyle, Mendy and maybe Moussa will all be away come January. Maybe even Meekings tbh, how he is captain is beyond me, another McCann masterclass. 

Will be an exciting January though! 

Add madianga and possibly Spence to that list.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Nathan Ralph seems to be making the left back position his own, that was a great effort from him for the first goal today, beat his man and put in a great cross for Miller to score.

O'Dea has shown in the last few days why he shouldn't have been left out the team. It is interesting that both Innis and Boyle have been no where the team.

Haven't we played more or less 4-4-2 with players in their correct positions for a good few games now?

November has been heartening imo.  The team looks a lot more solid and compact and we've really ben undone by a class long distance effort, a dodgy penalty and an own goal.  This kind of sh*t is sent to test you though and we have generally shown an excellent fighting spirit.

9 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Hopefully we will still be 6 or so points in touch with 10th position.

But it's not just us that can strengthen the squad.

Edited by Dondeh

Absolute scenes at the equaliser. Most I've celebrated a goal this season. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Agree, O'Dea is a leader we have been crying out for. McIntyre will bring in players who can play at this level. 

Nabi, Elton, Deacon, Boyle, Mendy and maybe Moussa will all be away come January. Maybe even Meekings tbh, how he is captain is beyond me, another McCann masterclass. 

In an ideal world yes but that just isn't going to happen.  The January transfer window is notoriously underwhelming  and disappointing so I would be happy with a couple of decent signings.  The others, I think most we are probably stuck with until the summer.  I would keep Boyle anyway.  

53 minutes ago, Rocky Boy said:

Agree with everything you say, Neil McCan't, has left our Club in a hell of a mess, including the 5 / 6  wage stealing wasters, that are not physically or mentally prepared to follow Jim McIntyre's future game plans, so today's result, does show progress, good seeing us being far fitter now, after Jim got rid of McCan'ts so called fitness coach.

Ross Hughes , Dundee's Sports scientist/fitness coach.

https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/559-eftv-ross-hughes-interview.html

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Disco Dan said:

I'd wager that he'll bring Alex Schalk in.

Always wanted to see him in a Dee shirt, great wee player!

3 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Nabi will be away...the rest im not so sure, on decent wages with some having 16months left on there contracts.

3 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

Hopefully a couple of those might be different under new management. Meekings was a good player at Inverness (and seemed to get worse the more he played for us) so could maybe be a different story in a McIntyre team. It could save us some cash anyway!

5 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

Nabi will be away...the rest im not so sure, on decent wages with some having 16months left on there contracts.

Agree. There appears to be some glimmer of improvement with the last couple of selections. Might be fewer new starts in Jan than has been suggested on this Forum.

7 hours ago, GregTeamDee said:

McCann has really fu*ked us up. Last season we just needed a striker, not 10+ new players with no experience of this league. His legacy will hurt us for a long time.

If McCann was responsible for us going 2-0 down today, who takes the credit for us coming back to draw the game? The attacks on McCann every time we suffer a setback under McIntyre are getting a bit tiresome.

When Hartley was sacked the team was sh**e, had lost seven on the bounce and were heading for the Championship. It was McCann's job to get a reaction from Hartley's players. Now McIntyre is a similar position. JM is in charge of training and tactics and everything else. He's now responsible for the performances and results.

If you really want to make McCann responsible for any setbacks we suffer under McIntyre maybe we should blame Hartley as well given that we still have some of his poor signings on the payroll.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If McCann was responsible for us going 2-0 down today, who takes the credit for us coming back to draw the game? The attacks on McCann every time we suffer a setback under McIntyre are getting a bit tiresome.

When Hartley was sacked the team was sh**e, had lost seven on the bounce and were heading for the Championship. It was McCann's job to get a reaction from Hartley's players. Now McIntyre is a similar position. JM is in charge of training and tactics and everything else. He's now responsible for the performances and results.

If you really want to make McCann responsible for any setbacks we suffer under McIntyre maybe we should blame Hartley as well given that we still have some of his poor signings on the payroll.

McCann had a team who had periods of success under Hartley with multiple good runs in various systems. The squad McIntyre has literally lost every league game apart from 1 and now is reliant on two young wingers who'd never played that position in senior football.

20 minutes ago, BCram said:

Agree. There appears to be some glimmer of improvement with the last couple of selections. Might be fewer new starts in Jan than has been suggested on this Forum.

He will bring in as many as 6....

The duds that Mcann left us though will hurt us into next season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cobra said:

No one will take away those first three games from Neil McCann, but very few will thank him for much of what came after. That's the long and short of it really.

A lot of folk are just thoroughly underwhelmed by the squad he built. For me it is much worse than the one he inherited and that McIntyre is getting any reaction from it is a pleasant surprise.

That McIntyre seems to only be interested in including 12 or 13 boys who are willing to fight for the cause says an awful lot about what he inherited. 

To be fair though I do think it's time to stop beating up McCann over it all. I'll blame him much more than McIntyre if we go down, but it is undoubtedly McIntyre's job to keep us up with these players and whoever he is able to bring in between now and the end of the season. Therefore I get where you're coming from mate. 

39 minutes ago, Cobra said:

The attacks on McCann every time we suffer a setback under McIntyre are getting a bit tiresome

He gets attacked because he signed utter dross and thought he could make them play like Barca. 

Mcintyre is getting a tune out of players that Mcann never could. 

The constant deflection and ignorance of the facts is far more tiresome imo. 

The man was an imposter, we at least have a manager now 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 3

5 hours ago, Cobra said:

There has to be an acceptance that McCann left McIntyre with a challenging task to get something out of a squad that doesn't look strong.  Yes, it's his job to get the best out of them but you can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear.

If we stay up, it's no thanks to McCann, if we go down it's thanks to McCann.  Harsh - yes.  Harsh but fair.

• Like 3

Fantastic fightback , missed goal again at easter road as got into ground and heard a roar - thats twice in a row ive came in at kick off and Hibs have scored (im a jink i`ll take the blame)
Brilliant scenes when we levelled - now i mind why ive a bruise on the back of my leg... then the vocal support from us was fantastic.
I`ll be honest when it went 2 nil Hibs i was thinking about leaving if they get a 3rd into second half as i couldnt see us scoring.

Was raging at JM at the end tbh - why the fck did we not swing the corner in - my mate says Mcgowan gestured to us saying they`ve been told to keep the ball in the corner.

Speaking off Mcgowan - as you know im not massive on him as a player however thought he was fantastic yesterday. Thought Kenny Miller was brilliant too , really put in a shift and Curran deserves alot of praise too, for me those 3 were the standouts but all in all everyone played there part in a great fightback.

St Mirren beating Hearts was a killer - when your rock bottom nothing seems to go your way

• Like 2