The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Rate the Manager: Hibs (Away, 23 Nov 2018)

Rate this topic

Rate The Manager: Hibs (Away, 23 Nov 2018)  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate Jim McIntyre's team selection, substitutions and performance today?

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Star

How did you rate Jim McIntyre's team selection, substitutions and performance today?

4 stars for me. His hands are still very much tied with what he’s got to work with and the first 45 minutes looked as though we were going to get thrashed. Miller’s goal turned things around and the team came out hungry for the equaliser. I think a lot of this is credit to McIntyre. Under McCann we’d have been heads down after the first goal but credit where it’s due, McIntyre clearly has them working as a unit. Subbies are always going to be so so with what we’ve got. Both Millers were flagging after a hard shift. Woods I think was a tactical substitution due to his yellow card and winding up the Hibs player. Spence and Moussa is never going to improve the team but that’s all he has to work with. It was good to see young Lambert getting on and hit was quite a ballsy decision by JM as there was still so much to play for. The young lad didn’t let himself down either. 

Am I right in thinking that McIntyre is so far undeafeted against the teams McCann managed against this season? 😜

• Like 1

JM is working from a very small squad now as numerous players are clearly and deservedly no longer in his thoughts. 

Seems to have installed plenty of fight and togetherness - something that a few posters said we’d lost sacking NM !?!?!?

At last he has identified the weaknesses. Might just get us out of this but it will be tough.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Am I right in thinking that McIntyre is so far undeafeted against the teams McCann managed against this season? 😜

Not quite. The updated and only direct comparison for JM and NM is (v St Mirrren, Motherwell and Hibs)

NM:  W0 L3 D0 F1 A8 GD -7  Pts 0

JM:  W0 L1 D2 F3 A4  GD -1  Pts 2

Edited by Dondeh

Points mean prizes I know but with each game in recent weeks I'm really warming to JM.  Looks like he knows what is required and what he is doing.  Still early days.

• Like 2

A return to basics, playing our best players in the positions they belong and giving us all a wee bit of pride back.

Great stuff JM.

Finally heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

But JM has still to get a win.

Must be v Hamilton. 👃

Edited by Dondeh
  • Like 1

We lost 2 points to St Mirren today but caught up 1 on Accies.

Not a bad days work.

I think the fact that we came back from 2 down will give the guys a big boost.

Talk of our demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Liking the look of Jim’s team wasn’t a fan of his appointment but will be very happy to be proved wrong, and today was proud of this Dundee team for the first time in a long time, fought for every blade of grass, and looked dangerous every time we came up the park, not sure why we didn’t go for the win with the corner in the last minute? But hey ho am happy laddie tonight! Well done Jim Mac you have these players looking like a different team, I salute you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Attilio said:

Points mean prizes I know but with each game in recent weeks I'm really warming to JM.  Looks like he knows what is required and what he is doing.  Still early days.

Yes, it seems he's managing to alter the players' mental attitude, team spirit & resilience...gradually. Cobra, I think, highlighted his record of taking more points in the 2nd half of the season, so if he can get the players to gradually turn improved performances into improved point-gathering, we may have a realistic chance of getting above both St.M & Hamilton.

For now, I think that's the extent of my ambition for this season, though pre-season I was hoping for 8th-9th. Survival at all costs, I don't care what it 'looks like to the educated eye', for this season. 

• Like 2