The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Ferry pub crawl

Re-signing Players

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I might be in the minority but I honestly think that Henvey's spell at Cowdenbeath could be make or break. People seem to have a lot of faith in his ability to make it here based on one goal. I don't think that will be enough to earn him a new contract on its own and he's got a hell of a lot of work to do to make the grade here. I've heard that his attitude and workrate aren't up to scratch and these are fundamental's for kids trying to make their way in the game. Things like him having a poor first touch can be worked on but attitude and application have to come from within.

I think he's been overhyped to the extreme - Cowdenbeath fans have been informed that he's going to easily score them to the play-offs and that level won't phase him at all.

We really don't know how ready he is. He come on in a couple of games where we were winning the possession battle and pushing for a late goal. The other occasion where he come on early (against Dunfermline), he struggled a bit. Reserve football is a very very different game and hundreds of players have been prolific at that level and not made it in senior football.

No idea on attitude and work rate but he'll certainly need to prove that at Cowdenbeath if he's worthy of a new contract. Hopefully, he buckles down and shows that he's good enough to play at a higher level.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

He unmatched me when I never replied to his message straight away. :(

What particular attributes did you twa match up on?

15 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

What particular attributes did you twa match up on?

I messaged him calling him a rocket, man. He messaged back asking if I loved Reginald Dwight too. I had no idea what the wee Shyster was on about and before I knew it, I was blocked. :(

Edited by WeighorstsWang
  • Funny 2

10 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

I messaged him calling him a rocket, man. He messaged back asking if I loved Reginald Dwight too. I had no idea what the wee Shyster was on about and before I knew it, I was blocked. :(

I hope you never went up his brick road.😮