The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
UWTB1893

News:UEFA Cup 1971/72: Dundee 2-0 AC Milan

Rate this topic

Its been said many times before on here but what a great team/squad that was.  Quality all round.

5p for a programme. Allowing for inflation the equivalent of 70p today I think.

I was in the derry that night. Very noisy as I recall. The last twenty , the crowd were definitely roaring the team on

A great night for an 11 year old laddie.  Went along with my older brother and his mates in the SE.  Report says there were 15,500 at the game.  Staggering to think that another 15,000 managed to squeeze into Dens for the Hibs cup game a couple of years later.  The last of the great European nights maybe?  My memories after this are us getting outclassed against Twente and RWD.

Just now, Attilio said:

A great night for an 11 year old laddie.  Went along with my older brother and his mates in the SE.  Report says there were 15,500 at the game.  Staggering to think that another 15,000 managed to squeeze into Dens for the Hibs cup game a couple of years later.  The last of the great European nights maybe?  My memories after this are us getting outclassed against Twente and RWD.

Both games against Cologne and AC Milan were reported as 15,000. I thought at the time that was bollocks.

And agree we were outclassed by FC Twente. The beginning of the end for Davie White.

28 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

I posted in the duplicate thread 😉

No you didn't, you posted in the news item and this topic is to let you know that there is a news item. Different things altogether :)

• Star Post 1