The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Napper

Neil McCann

Rate this topic

on radio Escocia tonight.. got a bit shirty when Micheal Stewart suggested McIntyre is getting the team to perform better.. apparently a lot of the summer signings are "projects" rough diamonds who just need nurturing... McCann also (justifiably ) quoted injuries to Kamara and McGowan.. he talks well, but I would never believe he would have turned it around.. however, I'll always try and remember his time as player.. the fact that he came back during the points deduction season and , no matter his flaws, he honestly tried his best.. (it, imho, wasn't enough)..

• Like 2

I read something on BBC sport today - McCann is sticking to his theory that we would have come good, in fact were coming good and that his sacking was a shock.  He wants to get back into management again.

He certainly has a philosophy but I'm not sure if it's suited to the game here. 

He'll never get another job as a manager if any Chairman reads that article. It comes across as him putting his head in the sand.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, ChinaDee said:

He'll never get another job as a manager if any Chairman reads that article. It comes across as him putting his head in the sand.

That's how it read - I wonder if the writer deliberately worded the article in that way or if McCann was really as confident as he same across in the article

• Love 1

Stewart is right, we are far better under McIntyre than McCann. 

Ive read the article......great player for us. I wish him all the best. 

• Like 1

Listening to it while heading to work, McCann makes some odd comments....  However he did say we tried to sign Kayden Jackson before his move to Ipswich. His comment that Moussa could have been the league top goal scorer is strange.....

1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

Listening to it while heading to work, McCann makes some odd comments....  However he did say we tried to sign Kayden Jackson before his move to Ipswich. His comment that Moussa could have been the league top goal scorer is strange.....

Not if you give him a goal for every sitter he missed. have some sympathy for his comment about players being "projects". That could have been part of his brief. Main job was to get a winning team and perhaps there were too many learners in the team and not enough instructors.

1 hour ago, BCram said:

Not if you give him a goal for every sitter he missed. have some sympathy for his comment about players being "projects". That could have been part of his brief. Main job was to get a winning team and perhaps there were too many learners in the team and not enough instructors.

The problem with his acquisition of so many 'projects' was that he seemed to marginalise or release most of the experienced 'instructors', and (in my view) threw far too many 'learners' without experience of the country, language, city, league, and his 'philosophy', into the squad at the same time. Perhaps a different mix might have produced better results earlier....he might try that in his next job.

It's also been noticeable the number of comments players have dropped into interviews recently (eg Gowser & Calvin Miller), about the training being more enjoyable now, even though they're being worked harder on fitness levels, and the instructions are clearer. Put a dozen total outsiders into the situation before that, and it becomes easier to understand why it was taking so long to reach some sort of consistent performance level.  

Is it a coincidence that yesterday he said he wanted to get back into management and today Mourinho gets sacked?  Maybe Man Utd see McCann as their next project and McCann sees Man Utd as his next one. 😈

2 hours ago, WoodStein said:

The problem with his acquisition of so many 'projects' was that he seemed to marginalise or release most of the experienced 'instructors', and (in my view) threw far too many 'learners' without experience of the country, language, city, league, and his 'philosophy', into the squad at the same time. Perhaps a different mix might have produced better results earlier....he might try that in his next job.

It's also been noticeable the number of comments players have dropped into interviews recently (eg Gowser & Calvin Miller), about the training being more enjoyable now, even though they're being worked harder on fitness levels, and the instructions are clearer. Put a dozen total outsiders into the situation before that, and it becomes easier to understand why it was taking so long to reach some sort of consistent performance level.  

Pretty fair assessment Woodstein. I'm hoping that there might be a change in NM's responses and a wee bit of a realisation that he has made mistakes and his best plan for dealing with discussions about his tenure at Dens might be to admit he was learning on the job, that he was very grateful to have the opportunity and he is very hopeful that DFC will move up the table. He tried his hardest but without the experience it just wasn't enough. Hopefully if he is given a chance to manage another team he will not do things exactly the same way.

There's nothing for us to gain by decrying his term as manager, and we should wish him well, IMO.

• Like 1