Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 0 - 2 St Johnstone

TheDarkBlues

4 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Have to see it again to be 100% but having witnessed this sitting in the Coxy, I don't think any keeper at this level should be getting beat by this.  If he is, he should putting his hands up saying 'sorry guys, I fucked up'.  Me and nearly everyone around me who discussed his performance today had zero confidence in him.

Like you I will have to see it again, but I personally think there was nothing he could have done about it. The ball took a deflection which knocked it up in the air and over him, I think you would be hard pressed to find a keeper who would have saved that.

I will agree that his kicking is his downfall, I don't think is fair considering the amount of pressure he was under due to the fact that we didn't have a team in front of him giving him much protection.

He also made a couple of excellent saves which kept the scoreline down. The one right at the end of the second half was a great reaction save and he did will to get down and hold the ball.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
5 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

And NM's first signing of the season. Absolutely beggers belief 😕

It doesn't actually. McCann signed absolute garbage in the close season. I saw the first goal as a fluke. It dropped in at the back post.  Whilst not defending Hamilton, whose kicking  from pass backs is terrible, that was a difficult one to stop

Edited by Parcbara
To add

Today was the worst performance I have witnessed by a Dundee FC team since I returned to attending home games at Dens in December 2009. As soon as we went 1-0 down that was the game lost as we cannot score goals. Nobody in our team seems capable of shooting on sight of goal. At least EL Bak was prepared to shoot for goal whereas the current players seem to prefer to pass the ball to a teammate.

Unless JM gets things sorted with an influx of new players in the transfer window and gets rid of the dross signed by Neil McCann we are doomed and will be playing Championship football next season. 

3 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Today was the worst performance I have witnessed by a Dundee FC team since I returned to attending home games at Dens in December 2009. As soon as we went 1-0 down that was the game lost as we cannot score goals. Nobody in our team seems capable of shooting on sight of goal. At least EL Bak was prepared to shoot for goal whereas the current players seem to prefer to pass the ball to a teammate.

Unless JM gets things sorted with an influx of new players in the transfer window and gets rid of the dross signed by Neil McCann we are doomed and will be playing Championship football next season. 

El bak is hopeless. Has he scored for dunfermline yet? If he is the answer,what the feck is the question!

1 minute ago, Parcbara said:

It doesn't actually. McCann signed absolute garbage in the close season.

It does for me, as only weeks previously he is on DEETV and in the press saying the striking position and goals was his NUMBER 1 priority. He then goes and pays actual cash GBP's for a dodgy keeper who was booed out of Tynecastle. 

45 minutes ago, Rivers Cuomo said:

Just to confirm and to avoid another question after question from @Mr Sensible that was worse than anything under McCann. 

I kinda felt the same today but it's hard to assess as McIntyre has them playing a different way, I'm not saying it's better (far from it, today was painful) just different.

If I think back to our 1 nil defeat at Mcdairmid earlier in the season I was just as angry/annoyed as today but again in a different way, then we didn't look disjointed but we're so slow and pedestrian and created zilch, today we were totally all at sea but did try to get forward without 30 sideways passes but it was very disjointed from defence to midfield to attack.

I can cut McIntyre a bit of slack as he is working with McCanns signings which are no where near good enough collectively at this level but, and a big but, I worry that McIntyre should have had us defending properly at the back and in midfield by now, making us hard to beat and getting draws if necessary against these hardened SPL teams like Saints and Killie.

Is he the right man? well we are away to find out as he's has 3 weeks to get in a few bodies (if Nelms gets the cheque book out) and sort this embarrassing mess of a team out. I'll admit he wasn't my choice as replacement for McCann who should have been sacked much sooner but I really hope McIntyre gets us out this mess!

Adblock Detected