Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The January 2019 Transfer Window Discussion Thread

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Short term we need 4-5 players but longer term (start of next season in Premiership) another 5-6, verging on another clear out.  We have some decent to good players but they are being left hopelessly exposed by the waste of jersey/spectator/cant be arsed performances from some.  We battled Livi and rode our luck in that game but today it was like the wee haters had two extra men on the park.  With regard to new players, add Parish in goal and one of the new signings to be a 25 year old Gary Harkins and I'll be more confident.

While I'd love a belated new team from Santa, its not realistic and it would take time to gel, time that we're running out of. I can see JM looking to bring in the 4 or 5 'journeymen' (not sure why it gets bandied about as an abusive term) SPL players that are probably all we need to toughen us up. Guys who know the league and most likely will know what the manager requires of them. They'll probably be on nodding acquaintance with a fair few of our players anyway so easier to hit the ground running. 

Assuming we stay up (which I do) then the summer will be when we'll see what JM is bringing longer term.

The midfield for me is absolutely sh**e. Kamara looks like his head is elsewhere although no idea why he was taken off today. McGowan's form is awful and Woods has done nothing in the past 4 games. Jesse was rubbish today and Calvin has been poor of late too. We also need a strong striker as kallman doesn't really look ready yet. 

Well we need Innis, C.Miller, Nabi, Moussa, Mendy, Elton, Kharl, Kamara, McGowan, Kallman, and Curren out of the team and/or out of the club.

Whoever we bring in can’t be worse that’s almost a certain.

In an ideal world we get Hendry, Tansey, Adam and Hardie all in on loan and somehow manage to sign Shalke, Scougall and Erwin on permanent deals. Chances of any of that seven signing is probably nil, so at this stage I’d settle for Draper, Kellior-Dunn, Davis, Gardyne and Curren all signing as let’s be honest, those five are all better than those mentioned in the first sentence 😢

Edited by Bjs

The only positive today is that it shows The BoD "what good looks like" on a tiny budget in the SPL …. ie St Johnstone.  It equally shows the BoD what pissing away money on a daft project gives you.  Good luck in Jan ………………………………… we wont get a new squad but some additions to midfield please ……..

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

15 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I have a feeling that Keyes will put his hand in his pocket and use his own cash to pay off players.

I think regardless of what league we are in next year, there has to be a major rethink of how this club runs from top to bottom. Some real hard truth's need to come out and maybe heads need to roll.

While as a fan, I loved watching new players come into the club over the last 5 years, but I also believe that this philosophy has been our biggest downfall.  We really could do with stability on the park for a few years and not this revolving doors policy.

In fairness to them, I can see why they went the route they did. They've been looking for avenues to make the club profitable and very early on, it looked like it may pay off with the Hendry transfer.

I think, in this league, you are far far safer with going the stability route as it just reduces the amount of risk. It does seem like Nelms recent comments on their criteria for the new manager are indicative that they've seen it not work.

I get the feeling we may have a shock or two in the coming weeks. I now wouldn't be totally surprised if we did see players like Cammy and O'Dea away.

3 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I get the feeling we may have a shock or two in the coming weeks. I now wouldn't be totally surprised if we did see players like Cammy and O'Dea away.

Exactly this, a few shocks coming I think. I still feel over 8 players coming in, most if not all we (fans) will have heard of and have experience of Scottish football. Like Ross County/St Johnstone type signings. 

11 hours ago, Bjs said:

Well we need Innis, C.Miller, Nabi, Moussa, Mendy, Elton, Kharl, Kamara, McGowan, Kallman, and Curren out of the team and/or out of the club.

Whoever we bring in can’t be worse that’s almost a certain.

In an ideal world we get Hendry, Tansey, Adam and Hardie all in on loan and somehow manage to sign Shalke, Scougall and Erwin on permanent deals. Chances of any of that seven signing is probably nil, so at this stage I’d settle for Draper, Kellior-Dunn, Davis, Gardyne and Curren all signing as let’s be honest, those five are all better than those mentioned in the first sentence 😢

I think Tansey would be decent for us. He’s    6ft 1 too so would add height to the midfield. Gardyne has not been playing too much for County recently so might be a possibility we could get him. Not the best player in the world but would still add something.

Scougall is a midget but would hopefully bring creativity. Although I get the impression he’s similar to Nabi. Has a few tricks without doing much else.

We defo need bigger and stronger players who won’t get pushed about. The difference between us and saints yesterday was massive. They looked a very good team.

We can only dream of having an effective player like Kennedy.

Edited by J_Kitamirike

37 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

In fairness to them, I can see why they went the route they did. They've been looking for avenues to make the club profitable and very early on, it looked like it may pay off with the Hendry transfer.

I think, in this league, you are far far safer with going the stability route as it just reduces the amount of risk. It does seem like Nelms recent comments on their criteria for the new manager are indicative that they've seen it not work.

I've been thinking O'Dea might be away, he'll be on a good wage I suspect and while he's still a useful player, he's not irreplaceable. I'd be sorry to see Cammy go though, still pretty young so can still improve and has a great work ethic. Everyone has their price though and if someone was going to offer a decent whack for him then that's football.

Adblock Detected