The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

The January 2019 Transfer Window Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

well done JM getting rid of all the sh**e at our club you think the same as most of the fans 

I really hope not

• Funny 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dundeefc93 said:

well done JM getting rid of all the sh**e at our club you think the same as most of the fans 

Steve wonder could see who needs punted.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

My son is in there most days, but I can't see him getting signed up! lol

PS: I'm glad my son hasn't been signed up for a club, as all he wants to do is slide tackle a ref every game!

Your laddie has the best gig on the planet, gets to travel the world, rock star wages and gets to hang out with all the cool kids. :lol2: 

• Funny 1

37 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I agree with this totally. How many more times are we going to overhaul the team in the hope of finding that magical collection of players who will win up the treble and all the European cups?

The amount of players that Hartley and McCann brought into the side were ridiculous and it has left us weakened and most likely out of pocket because of having to pay off players to bring in new players.

Now we find ourselves in the exact same position again, but this time I feel this has been forced on JM because the players we have right now are not good enough. If we manage to survive in this league this season, we as a club defiantly need to revise our transfer policy and bring about some stability on the playing side for a change.

Instead of a nip and and a tuck at this time of year our club is going in for a heart transplant, gastric bypass, and a full body lift! And even better we'll have to do it all over again in the summer.

Just now, Stampguy said:

Instead of a nip and and a tuck at this time of year our club is going in for a heart transplant, gastric bypass, and a full body lift! And even better we'll have to do it all over again in the summer.

I think if we don't do this in Jan we will def be playing Championship football next year. If JM can bring in better players and keep us up, then it would be more than worth it. But it is a huge gamble and could result in us having egg on our faces come May.

• Like 1

I’d go as far as to say that JM already has 5 definite signings lined up already. Any more will depend on moving on some of the contracted players that have been told they are not in JM’s plans.

Blair Spittal..................

Just now, TheDarkBlues said:

Prick. This is a word association game yeh?? 

• Funny 5

2 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Prick. This is a word association game yeh?? 

Apparently it is now! 🤣

• Funny 1

1 minute ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I think if we don't do this in Jan we will def be playing Championship football next year. If JM can bring in better players and keep us up, then it would be more than worth it. But it is a huge gamble and could result in us having egg on our faces come May.

Oh believe me I realise we have to do this, my point is simply that we'll either scrape to 10th place with a bunch of players on short term deals we may or may not want to keep longterm (not too mention the players on longer term deals that we may not be able to get rid of now and/or want to get rid of in the summer).

And if we do go down then obviously the club will make wholesale changes as happens when you get relegated. The only way there will not wholesale changes in the summer is if by some miracle JM manages to not just get us survival, but actually gets us shooting up the table past Motherwell which would suggest that we may actually have some players worth keeping.

Get the feeling that we will see lots of signings but not one will get us all excited...it's gonna be a bunch of hammer throwers and big b*****ds who will kick our way to safety which is fine with me.

These players JM is going to sign, will it be to the end of the season or a longer contract? If it’s just till end of season will players at other teams come on short term deal, on the other hand if we pay for some of the players and give them a longer contract what if we do get relegated (hopefully we won’t) I know it’s all ifs and buts but still needs thinking about. 

11 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Think that about sums it up .... The easy (easier) part, is getting rid of non-performers, or sub standard players.

Finding/signing on improved capable replacements (within budget) will be the real big test for the DFC Manager.

BUT WISH HIM THE BEST OF LUCK ... I still think we can do it tho':chaplin:

• Like 1

Just had a look at Gestede on Twitter. Apparently Pulis has said Boro have a massive wage bill and needs addressed. There's not a hope in hell us paying - at most - £3k will help Middlebrough out enough to make it worth their while. 

Crazy rumour. I can't believe I even wasted time looking at it tbh. 

20 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

You spitballin' or have you heard something ?????

10 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

You spitballin' or have you heard something ?????

Cat amongst the spitgeons! 🤣

• Funny 1

31 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Is there a photo of Rudy Gestede in the gym in Dundee? 

Here you go...

P45ugrW.jpg

• Funny 6
  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Just now, Cobra said:

Here you go...

P45ugrW.jpg

🙊💩🤥

7 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

We can only dream of having an effective player like Kennedy.

👍 He is non stop.

The Sportsound guys have been raving about him recently.

1 hour ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Rudy gestede, that is all

Not too keen on going down this road. IF this guy signs he might well do alright but this reminds me of the scores of big name players who've appeared in our league, near the end of their careers and/or with a tonne of baggage. Guy Demele, Chris Eagles, Steven Caulker to name a few, there's plenty others. Will boys like this fight for the cause?. We don't need passengers. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

OK, 9 that we will never see (dis)grace the dark blue again.

You're right though they're still here until somebody stupid enough comes in for them or their contracts get paid off / expire.

TBF. I think the key point was that it might depend on most finding new clubs that will allow replacements to come in. 

1 minute ago, Dondeh said:

TBF. I think the key point was that it might depend on most finding new clubs that will allow replacements to come in. 

I sincerely hope we're not depending on those players getting moves to bring in replacements - nobody will want them.

• Like 1