The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
UWTB1893

News:McIntyre Blasts His Dundee Flops Following Defeat To Saints

Rate this topic

I wish he'd say it like it is and slate McCann for signing the dross he's left him with.

Says the board aren't daft - well I beg to differ, who appointed McCann?

Sounds like he’s confirming he’s going to be backed anyway. 

Hopefully incoming quickly. 

16 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I wish he'd say it like it is and slate McCann for signing the dross he's left him with.

Says the board aren't daft - well I beg to differ, who appointed McCann?

Are they incapable of improving ? They also appointed JM so lets see what he does in the next couple of weeks. 

Just now, Chomp my root said:

Are they incapable of improving ? They also appointed JM so lets see what he does in the next couple of weeks. 

I don't think they can ever make such a massive balls up as they did with McCann's appointment again.......... ever.

So the only way is up under McIntyre and here's hoping they back him properly and don't tie his hands with access to only one agency supplying 'projects'.

3 minutes ago, Prince Buster said:

I don't think they can ever make such a massive balls up as they did with McCann's appointment again.......... ever.

So the only way is up under McIntyre and here's hoping they back him properly and don't tie his hands with access to only one agency supplying 'projects'.

Can't argue (with the benefit of hindsight), the BOD might not see his appointment as a total flop though, he brought in Hendry and they'll maybe make something on Kamara too. If the Caulker 'thing' had worked out we would have got a fair whack there as well and he claimed it was NM that sold him on a move to us. 

Its done now, we move on, hopefully upwards.

• Like 1

Can't really argue with any of those comments. 

It was clear he really wasn't impressed by what he was watching yesterday but then no one was.

His post match interviews on DEETV are getting shorter - latest one was 70 seconds.

Only 4 players making 'contact' with the opposition. WHY?.

What did he expect? He got a response from the squad he was left with including a draw with Rangers. He then makes comments about needing 5 or 6 new players and surprise surprise there is a drop in performances. I am  not impressed with his approach and think he has created the change in attitude among the team by his own actions. Hibs had the samenity approach under Butcher and I am surprised by his approach and hope that his successful escape when he was at Ross County will be repeated. I want him to succeed. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

5 minutes ago, BCram said:

He then makes comments about needing 5 or 6 new players 

Did he actually say that?.

I do recall him saying he wants players in to 'help those in the dressing room'.  And the official announcements about the players being allowed to leave. 

19 minutes ago, BCram said:

What did he expect? He got a response from the squad he was left with including a draw with Rangers. He then makes comments about needing 5 or 6 new players and surprise surprise there is a drop in performances. I am  not impressed with his approach and think he has created the change in attitude among the team by his own actions. Hibs had the samenity approach under Butcher and I am surprised by his approach and hope that his successful escape when he was at Ross County will be repeated. I want him to succeed. 

Allegedly (someone said on here) after the Aberdeen game he tore them a new one and made it clear there would be changes in January. If the players couldn't respond to that knowing that their jobs are on the line, then I don't think anything would have motivated them. I for one think he did the right thing under the circumstance and said that results like that will not be accepted.

Let's see what sort of reaction he gets from his own players after Jan, and we will see if he did the right thing or not?!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Did he actually say that?.

No, but judging by the amount of players who have been told they're free to leave and sent back to their own clubs I think we are looking at a few players coming in.

24 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Allegedly (someone said on here) after the Aberdeen game he tore them a new one and made it clear there would be changes in January. If the players couldn't respond to that knowing that their jobs are on the line, then I don't think anything would have motivated them. I for one think he did the right thing under the circumstance and said that results like that will not be accepted.

Let's see what sort of reaction he gets from his own players after Jan, and we will see if he did the right thing or not?!

Agree that he will be able to prove if his approach was right. I felt that he had the players on side and somehow he undermined his relationship with them when he talked about getting in new players. I couldn't find a quote from him about the number he wanted. Apologies, I may have fallen into the trap of if you hear something often enough you think it's the truth. 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

No, but judging by the amount of players who have been told they're free to leave and sent back to their own clubs I think we are looking at a few players coming in.

Yep. But not from the starting X1 yesterday is the point.

"....4 players made contact with the opposition......."   JM

Edited by Dondeh

42 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Yep. But not from the starting X1 yesterday is the point.

"....4 players made contact with the opposition......."   JM

4 players were O'Dea, K Miller, Ralph and Woods I reckon. The rest have their coats dangling from shooglie pegs if not telt already.

For the record I'd add Hamilton to the keep list after watching the Sportscene highlights; OK he couldnae kick 'is ain erse but he kept the score down with some decent saves.

Edited by Prince Buster