The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

Now I expect every play-acting player to be hit with at least a 2 game ban.

2 minutes ago, 8utters said:

Now I expect every play-acting player to be hit with at least a 2 game ban.

The crazy thing is O'Dea was pushed aggressively and the referee witnessed it. Banning him because he made the most of it is a ridiculous decision. How can you possibly ban every player who exaggerates contact? You'd have to ban players every game based on that ruling.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I'd seriously be looking into the laws of the game. We did get away with the Jake Hyde dodge a few years ago!

No chance, bans even carry over to some other countries.

Just now, Cobra said:

The crazy thing is O'Dea was pushed aggressively and the referee witnessed it. Banning him because he made the most of it is a ridiculous decision. How can you possibly ban every player who exaggerates contact? You'd have to ban players every game based on that ruling.

Exactly Cobra. But now a precedent has been set.

It really does seem the rules are made up on a week to week basis and we end up getting shafted every time.

3 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

No chance, bans even carry over to some other countries.

Which is the point. Loan him to Arbroath during our winter break, have him serve the ban there 😉

To his credit, I see O'Dea has apologised for the incident.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 8utters said:

Exactly Cobra. But now a precedent has been set.

It really does seem the rules are made up on a week to week basis and we end up getting shafted every time.

It's unbelievable. When we play fair we get shafted. Jones wins a penalty to take the points for Killie at Dens and then he gets banned for Killie's game against Hamilton so we get fucked over twice!

We then try to gain an advantage like every other team is doing, gain nothing from it and then the authorities decide to make an example of us by hammering us with a ludicrous ruling. Dundee on the receiving end yet again.

• Like 2

Celtic's response to the Morelos incidents and lack of a ban...

"Celtic Football Club is surprised that there will be no disciplinary action taken by the Scottish FA regarding the incidents during the match on December 29, which have been widely addressed in the media. 

"It is reported that no action was taken because the match referee saw all of the incidents in question. 

"Given that the referee took no action at the time, this tends to suggest that such conduct, which in one instance led to a Celtic player, Anthony Ralston, being injured, is acceptable in Scottish football. That cannot be right.

"On the day, Celtic did not play well enough to win the match, something we accept. However, this issue goes beyond the result of the match.

"Celtic is not the only club this season to raise concerns regarding the standard of officiating at matches in Scotland, concerns which have also been shared by many commentators on the game.

"In order to fully understand what is going on, Celtic, our supporters, Scottish clubs and the general Scottish football public need transparency in these matters, and we therefore call on the Scottish FA to allow the referee, John Beaton, to explain these decisions publicly as well as any match officials involved in other similar circumstances.

"In the meantime, we have requested a meeting with Scottish FA Chief Executive, Ian Maxwell, and the Association's Head of Refereeing."

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It's unbelievable. When we play fair we get shafted. Jones wins a penalty to take the points for Killie at Dens and then he gets banned for Killie's game against Hamilton so we get fucked over twice!

We then try to gain an advantage like every other team is doing, gain nothing from it and then the authorities decide to make an example of us by hammering us with a ludicrous ruling. Dundee on the receiving end yet again.

I may be wrong but did Kirk Broadfoot not do something similar to O'Dea that saw Ryan Jack sent off. Jack's red card was rescinded and Broadfoot had made the most of the contact yet I don't remember him getting a subsequent ban.

Sometimes I think I imagine everyone being out to get us but when nonsense like this comes along we could be forgiven for thinking there is an agenda.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Celtic's response to the Morelos incidents and lack of a ban...

"Celtic Football Club is surprised that there will be no disciplinary action taken by the Scottish FA regarding the incidents during the match on December 29, which have been widely addressed in the media. 

"It is reported that no action was taken because the match referee saw all of the incidents in question. 

"Given that the referee took no action at the time, this tends to suggest that such conduct, which in one instance led to a Celtic player, Anthony Ralston, being injured, is acceptable in Scottish football. That cannot be right.

"On the day, Celtic did not play well enough to win the match, something we accept. However, this issue goes beyond the result of the match.

"Celtic is not the only club this season to raise concerns regarding the standard of officiating at matches in Scotland, concerns which have also been shared by many commentators on the game.

"In order to fully understand what is going on, Celtic, our supporters, Scottish clubs and the general Scottish football public need transparency in these matters, and we therefore call on the Scottish FA to allow the referee, John Beaton, to explain these decisions publicly as well as any match officials involved in other similar circumstances.

"In the meantime, we have requested a meeting with Scottish FA Chief Executive, Ian Maxwell, and the Association's Head of Refereeing."

Referees will make mistakes, they are only human. However, when incidents such as these, are reviewed we should expect consistent and fair decisions. This is never the case.

Our game is fast becoming a total farce in respect of refereeing standards.

• Like 1

Some proper quality conspiracy theory paranoia in this thread lads. Both sides of the Old Firm would be proud.

Player cheats. Player gets punished. Move on.

• Confused 1
  • Star Post 1

3 minutes ago, 8utters said:

I may be wrong but did Kirk Broadfoot not do something similar to O'Dea that saw Ryan Jack sent off. Jack's red card was rescinded and Broadfoot had made the most of the contact yet I don't remember him getting a subsequent ban.

Sometimes I think I imagine everyone being out to get us but when nonsense like this comes along we could be forgiven for thinking there is an agenda.

I doubt there's an agenda against Dundee, It's more likely the SFA beaks were outraged to see an Irish Catholic with Celtic connections overacting. I don't know if they are more Rangers or Celtic-minded in the corridors of powers these days but I'm sure they are heavily influenced by the Old Firm.

Jim Farry was sacked for favouring Rangers 20 years. Maybe something similar is going on today with the Morelos bulls**t.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

Some proper quality conspiracy theory paranoia in this thread lads. Both sides of the Old Firm would be proud.

Nobody is suggesting O'Dea has been wronged, it's the inconsistency of the entire system. Wind your neck in, no need for your egotistical 'told you so' posts. Personally don't see what you get from being a prick to everyone who calls it how they see it. 

• Funny 1
  • Like 3

Why do we bother having referees as it appears that any decision that they make especially in circumstances like  the odea one and the 3 incidents with morelos, both refs see the incidents and both act as they see fit, then the 3 stooges that decide what happens make an a**e of it, especially with Morelos, as he should have been at least booked for the kick on brown, then booked for stamping on the other guy, albeit it looks a clumsy way to try and step over the guy but also meaning to stamp,on him, the odea one, surely the ref should get fined or games taken off him as he was right in line when odea went down, and he made his report, now Celtic want John Beaton to clarify his decisions on Morelos, it’s getting crazy out there, wonder what will with the decision on Morelos now, and now Sutton is saying that the s f a or whoever runs scottish football, are now wanting Celtic to win the league, bring back tiny Wharton, he will sort them out, 

2 minutes ago, Hamishlebaux19 said:

.. and now Sutton is saying that the s f a or whoever ruins scottish football, are now wanting Celtic to win the league, bring back tiny Wharton, he will sort them out, 

fixed that for you 😉

Was going to put that in double blue, but I thought I might have been picked up for a spelling mistook 😎😎

Edited by Hamishlebaux19

What a joke decision. Yes O’Dea has overreacted but the guy has hit him (albeit not very hard). So to give him a 2 game ban is very harsh. Absolutely no consistancy and that is the real problem here.

O’Dea should have kept silent here, let the club appeal and query why we are being treated differently to other clubs . That would have been the “street wise” thing to do. We might not have won the appeal but at least it would put pressure on the SFA to think twice about giving any of our players bans in future. See Rangers for how that works.

The refereeing this season has been nothing short of disgrace and the compliance panel has been even worse. Dundee haven’t really been affected worse than a lot of clubs but that’s not the point. Would like to see a joint effort by all or at least most clubs to put pressure on the SFA to change. They have become a laughing stock with some of their decisions. What it needs is consistancy and more public clarification as to why decisions are made.  

I’m not usually one to overally criticise referees but this season has been horrendous. Usually retrospectivally the compliance team at least then get it right but this season more often than not they’ve ended up at a baffling decision. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Aye players cheat ...but not all get punished

The match lasts 90 mins soon as the final whistle goes that should be the end of it imo...what's the f**cking point in handing out bans after the match has finished it doesn't change the score or points won or lost.

2 hours ago, Islaydarkblue said:

I wonder which Masonic lodge the referee at last Saturday’s Old Firm game is a member of. 

Could be the same as one thon linesman last time in front of the Derry , retrieved the ball and kicked it back to the Rangers player in the dying moments for a throw in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StobbieDee said:

Could be the same as one thon linesman last time in front of the Derry , retrieved the ball and kicked it back to the Rangers player in the dying moments for a throw in.

They are as thick as thieves.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Couldn't log on quick enough when I heard the news. Justice done.

If we stay up by a point and the  goal that keeps us up  is deliberately punched in will you be hoping the authorities find a new ruling to send us down? 

Yes it was very poor, embarrassing and no something we want to see but to come across as pleased a player we have been depending on is suspended whilst numerous others get off Scot free bambozzles me no end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I doubt there's an agenda against Dundee, It's more likely the SFA beaks were outraged to see an Irish Catholic with Celtic connections overacting. I don't know if they are more Rangers or Celtic-minded in the corridors of powers these days but I'm sure they are heavily influenced by the Old Firm.

Jim Farry was sacked for favouring Rangers 20 years. Maybe something similar is going on today with the Morelos bulls**t.

I have previously been ‘slaughtered’ on this forum for stating that the ‘beaks’ at the SFA have never forgiven us for staying up in the 2010-11 Dee-fiant season despite our harsh 25 point deduction penalty. Perhaps you will now believe me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Islaydarkblue said:

I have previously been ‘slaughtered’ on this forum for stating that the ‘beaks’ at the SFA have never forgiven us for staying up in the 2010-11 Dee-fiant season despite our harsh 25 point deduction penalty. Perhaps you will now believe me. 

We were resented at the time by certain clubs and officials at the time Islay but I don't think we're a big enough club for the SFA to have an ongoing agenda against us. 

I suggest that supporters of all clubs gang up on John Taylor Head of Refereeing and hopefully his referees will again go on strike. Then the SFA could employ foreign referees who would only be an improvement on the dumplings we currently have masquerading as top flight  referees in Scotland. We can only hope.