The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

It makes you question the Ralph decision even more. 

No action re Morelos as Beaton said he saw it all and nothing to report yet refs official decision clearly wrong for Ralph but they ignore that.

its incompetence rather than bias but it’s so poor you can see why folk think otherwise 

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We were resented at the time by certain clubs and officials at the time Islay but I don't think we're a big enough club for the SFA to have an ongoing agenda against us. 

Hi Cobra,

I disagree. Since the beginning of the 2011-12 season referees continually appear to be biased against us with some shocking decisions which other clubs never receive. As a Staff member you should be aware of the polls on this forum regarding the referee in charge of Dundee games. There has hardly been a referee who the posters on this forum think has had an average performance let alone a good performance.

Collum, Dallas, McLean, Madden. The list of referees who have given us a raw deal with refereeing decisions goes on and on.

Nothing will change until the match referee is compelled to explain at the press conference after a game why he made his refereeing decisions. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Valentke said:

No action re Morelos as Beaton said he saw it all and nothing to report yet refs official decision clearly wrong for Ralph but they ignore that.

its incompetence rather than bias but it’s so poor you can see why folk think otherwise 

Hi Valentke.

You might be old enough to remember another refereeing ‘Stushie’ regarding incompetent refereeing. From memory I think the referee involved was Jim Callaghan and I seem to remember Celtic complaining about Callaghan’s refereeing performance in an Old Firm Match. I think that it was around 1968 but I cannot find anything about it in the Internet. The SFA have probably eradicated all the information. 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Some proper quality conspiracy theory paranoia in this thread lads. Both sides of the Old Firm would be proud.

Player cheats. Player gets punished. Move on.

There's a wider discussion being had regarding refereeing and appeals panels right across the game now because a whole host of people can't quite work out why one thing is punishable but another is not.

Ref sees and gets something wrong in a game and that's all hunky-dory but if he doesn't see it someone else gets to decide who gets punished? There are no explanations no accountability, appeals are just dismissed it just makes very little sense and is leaving folk pretty disillusioned. 

I'm not and never did argue that O'Dea was right but your glee at seeing a Dundee player punished for stuff that goes unpunished week in week out is all a bit self congratulatory to be honest. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Valentke.

You might be old enough to remember another refereeing ‘Stushie’ regarding incompetent refereeing. From memory I think the referee involved was Jim Callaghan and I seem to remember Celtic complaining about Callaghan’s refereeing performance in an Old Firm Match. I think that it was around 1968 but I cannot find anything about it in the Internet. The SFA have probably eradicated all the information. 

I may look that old Islay but I was in and around the labour ward in 1968!

my “favourite” referee farce was when Walker McCall scored v Rangers at Dens only for the goal to be ruled out as the ball had been supposedly out of play after hitting the bar and had been blown back in 😂😂😂

incompetence isn’t a new thing. 

11 minutes ago, Valentke said:

I may look that old Islay but I was in and around the labour ward in 1968!

my “favourite” referee farce was when Walker McCall scored v Rangers at Dens only for the goal to be ruled out as the ball had been supposedly out of play after hitting the bar and had been blown back in 😂😂😂

incompetence isn’t a new thing. 

Hi Valentke,

Thank you for your comments. I did not think that you would remember this incident but as you are very knowledgeable about Scottish football I was hoping that you were aware of the Callaghan incident. From memory I think that James Callaghan was struck off as a referee. That was in the day of Tiny Wharton who must be spinning in his grave at thought of the incompetent referees who are now refereeing in top flight Scottish Football. 

Now that the Celtic management have complained about the Morelos incidents and the lack of action taken by the SFA refereeing committee perhaps something will now be done. 

I would not be surprised to see John Beaton refereeing a lower league game this weekend preferably in the Highland League. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

It's unbelievable. When we play fair we get shafted. Jones wins a penalty to take the points for Killie at Dens and then he gets banned for Killie's game against Hamilton so we get fucked over twice!

We then try to gain an advantage like every other team is doing, gain nothing from it and then the authorities decide to make an example of us by hammering us with a ludicrous ruling. Dundee on the receiving end yet again.

When did a player last get a 2 game retrospective ban for simulation, other than a penalty. It does seem we get hammered whatever way we turn.

• Like 2

Surely if the ref got it wrong then why no punishment for him?

5 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

When did a player last get a 2 game retrospective ban for simulation, other than a penalty. It does seem we get hammered whatever way we turn.

McGregor got away with violently kicking Ajer after the match officials couldn't decide whether McGregor had done anything wrong. Even Steven Gerrard thought it was a straight red.

This is what we're dealing with. 

When did a player last get a 2 game retrospective ban for simulation, other than a penalty?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valentke said:

I remember this incident very well , totally unbelievable decision....we nicknamed the ref who made that decision Alan gone with the wind Freeland.

Without checking i think this was a Scottish cup game which ended 2-2 and we won the replay at Ibrox 3-2, when the same referee added on nearly 9 mins of injury time!!!!

Cold journey home that day with hadly any windows left intact on our double decker bus ,good to see the Rangers fans taking the defeat well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

When did a player last get a 2 game retrospective ban for simulation, other than a penalty?

Fraser Fyvie for Hibs against Rangers in 2015 I think.

23 minutes ago, Thegen65 said:

I remember this incident very well , totally unbelievable decision....we nicknamed the ref who made that decision Alan gone with the wind Freeland.

Without checking i think this was a Scottish cup game which ended 2-2 and we won the replay at Ibrox 3-2, when the same referee added on nearly 9 mins of injury time!!!!

Cold journey home that day with hadly any windows left intact on our double decker bus ,good to see the Rangers fans taking the defeat well.

Correct - I think Zico opened the scoring at the wrong end! 

After all the decisions we have had to endure the past few years!!!- Words fail me!!!!!!Honestly-Wow!

3 minutes ago, Donny O said:

After all the decisions we have had to endure the past few years!!!- Words fail me!!!!!!Honestly-Wow!

Week after week we get conned by cheating and diving yet whenever we do something wrong we get totally hammered. Think it was last season Lafferty did the most ridiculous dive for a penalty after he'd been booked, what happened, zilch.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Fraser Fyvie for Hibs against Rangers in 2015 I think.

So there's been probably over a thousand SPL games since then and no one has been guilty of simulation until now. I wonder how long it will be till the next one.

2 hours ago, Islaydarkblue said:

Hi Valentke.

Checked it out apparently he got 8 matches for failing to send of John Hughes of Celtic during a match with Rangers who protested against his officiating display and the SFA upheld their complaint. I never heard of him before but he was FIFA grade 

12 minutes ago, Jojo gunn said:

Checked it out apparently he got 8 matches for failing to send of John Hughes of Celtic during a match with Rangers who protested against his officiating display and the SFA upheld their complaint. I never heard of him before but he was FIFA grade 

Hi Jojo,

Thank you for the information.

Once again the SFA took Rangers side in a refereeing dispute. I think that Callaghan resigned/retired as a FIFA rated referee.

It does not say much for FIFA rated referees. 

Incredibly Messrs Collum, Dallas and Madden have been appointed to referee European ties. https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/madden-to-referee-champions-league-tie/

Three of the most hopeless football referees in Scotland are appointed to be the referee in charge of European ties. UEFA must be hard up for football referees in Europe. 

What annoys me most about retrospective bans for simulation is that if the ref sees it at the time, it’s a booking, but if he misses it or gets it wrong it’s a two game ban?! They should either be dropped, or the in-game punishment should be upped to a red and subsequent two game ban. The way it is at the moment punishes players for referees mistakes. Add in the other news today about Morelos getting away with blatant red card offences (and not for the first time), it’s no wonder managers and fans get pissed off. Make the most of contact (as much as O’Dea cheats there is still some contact that could have at least resulted in a booking), two game ban. Kick out, stamp etc. and you get away with it. It’s just so infuriating. 

• Like 4
  • Star Post 2

Absolutely no sympathy. Just because somebody else gets away with being a cheat doesn't mean that we should feel aggrieved our player never. Take a step back and read what you're saying.

6 hours ago, Valentke said:

The decision for Ralph was absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1

He cheated, he got caught and punished, don't see the reasoning behind the uproar.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Valentke said:

Yes it was very poor, embarrassing and no something we want to see but to come across as pleased a player we have been depending on is suspended whilst numerous others get off Scot free bambozzles me no end.

Of course people should be pleased that cheats are being banned. Why shouldn't they be? 

"A player we have been depending on"? Maybe that player should have a long hard look in the mirror then.

The SFA and most top grade referees are freemasons, many are members of the orange order. Now that Celtics hold on title number 8 is slipping a bit the shameful decisions going Rangers way and against Celtic are certain to increase . Nothing could be surer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

The SFA and most top grade referees are freemasons, many are members of the orange order. Now that Celtics hold on title number 8 is slipping a bit the shameful decisions going Rangers way and against Celtic are certain to increase . Nothing could be surer.

IMG_0970.thumb.GIF.0d5d3a648387ae5acd41771d025f58a6.GIF

This topic has peaked. Close it now. :lol: 

"The Freemasons are out to stop 10 in a row!" 

Edited by WeighorstsWang
  • Funny 1

It's a fact though. They changed the referee for no reason in1986 when we played Hearts and put a well-known HEARTS fan Bill Crombie in charge of the game. If Hearts won at Dens they were champs. Albert Kidd scored two and Celtic ended up champs. Where else on planet Earth would a ref be swapped for no reason and a ref who supported the team who could win the league on the last day be put in charge of the game. It actually happened.  Let's just sit back and see how it all unfurls.