The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
UWTB1893

News:Curran Crosses the Road To Join Dundee

Rate this topic

Welcome aboard Craig.

Welcome to the Dark Blue side of the street.

Dee....lighted with this signing, positive news at last, welcome Craig Curran.  Lets hope there's more to come though, especially defensively, if you can stop teams scoring your in with a chance.  In almost 60 years of following the Dee's (apart from the short spell in the sixties when nobody could look at us) the "defence" has been the biggest disappointment in my opinion, seems like we've always struggled their and in fact I've never felt confident since those early days, yes I know, I do appreciate I witnessed some great Dee performances at least etc. Still living in hope though, eternally it would seem! 🙏

• Like 2

Welcome to the better side of street Craig

27 minutes ago, Campbell said:

Dee....lighted with this signing, positive news at last, welcome Craig Curran.  Lets hope there's more to come though, especially defensively, if you can stop teams scoring your in with a chance.  In almost 60 years of following the Dee's (apart from the short spell in the sixties when nobody could look at us) the "defence" has been the biggest disappointment in my opinion, seems like we've always struggled their and in fact I've never felt confident since those early days, yes I know, I do appreciate I witnessed some great Dee performances at least etc. Still living in hope though, eternally it would seem! 🙏

You must've erased the Jim Duffy⭐ era from your memory.

• Star Post 1

Grab your coat and grab your hat

Leave your worries on the doorstep,

Just direct your feet

To the Dark Blue side of the street.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Spiritof62 said:

Grab your coat and grab your hat

Leave your worries on the doorstep,

Just direct your feet

To the Dark Blue side of the street.

You on the Don Revie?.🍺😂

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Contract till 2021. Wow. That surprises me given our recent recruitment history. Hope this one works out.

Probably on Championship wages though. (That's a complete guess though).

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Probably on Championship wages though. (That's a complete guess though).

I would imagine he’s on a good wage, but I’d hope we have a clause to reduce that wage if we are relegated 

7 minutes ago, Bjs said:

I would imagine he’s on a good wage, but I’d hope we have a clause to reduce that wage if we are relegated 

It looks like we've taken on his Utd contract. Given that they were pink lint when he signed for them I'm guessing that he wouldn't be getting SPL money.

Welcome Craig - forget the embarrassment of your last club and enjoy your time with a proper club . This is Dundee 

What a start to the New Year for the lad. Gets out of the sticklebrick and pulls on the dark blue of Dundee on same day. The stuff dreams are made of.

• Star Post 1

2 hours ago, Campbell said:

As the great Jock Stein used to say, "the best form of defence is attack." I am afraid we have lost sight of that in a big way in our day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

And the Iain Philip,  George Stewart.  Jim Steele half back line 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Notso said:

And the Iain Philip,  George Stewart.  Jim Steele half back line 

Before my time unfortunately. Jim Duffy was the finest defender I've seen in dark blue. Class.

• Like 1

If he was wearing the same trainers he had on in Tannadice when he walked through the front door at Dens, that's two weeks wages. 

Just now, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Contract till 2021. Wow. That surprises me given our recent recruitment history. Hope this one works out.

I have to agree with you Billy, 2 years for a guy who can't get a game in the championship and hardly set the heather on fire in England.

• Wowzer 1

3 hours ago, Travellingdee said:

I have to agree with you Billy, 2 years for a guy who can't get a game in the championship and hardly set the heather on fire in England.

He's being involved 16 times this season. Hardly someone who can't get a game!!!!.

If you can't find anything negative though why not just make it up?.

13 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Jim Duffy was immense for us and IMO one of the best defenders I've seen, however, he couldn't do it all on his own all of the time although I'm sure it must have felt like that for him on more than one occasion in games I witnessed (mid 80's) 85 - 86 season finished equal on points with rangers and lost out on Europe on goal difference for instance.  His career changing injury was tragic for him personally and a great loss for the Dee's, Jim Duffy Dundee great.

How can we forget 75 -76 season, finished equal on points with Aberdeen and United and relegated on goal difference (huge difference if I mind right) which began a sequence IMO we still haven't recovered from.  Defenders that season included if I can mind right, Thompson Allan, Ian Phillip, George Stewart, Bobby Wilson I think and we also had Gordon Strachan knock in about that team as well, och well maybe's just me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Campbell said:

Jim Duffy was immense for us and IMO one of the best defenders I've seen, however, he couldn't do it all on his own all of the time although I'm sure it must have felt like that for him on more than one occasion in games I witnessed (mid 80's) 85 - 86 season finished equal on points with rangers and lost out on Europe on goal difference for instance.  His career changing injury was tragic for him personally and a great loss for the Dee's, Jim Duffy Dundee great.

How can we forget 75 -76 season, finished equal on points with Aberdeen and United and relegated on goal difference (huge difference if I mind right) which began a sequence IMO we still haven't recovered from.  Defenders that season included if I can mind right, Thompson Allan, Ian Phillip, George Stewart, Bobby Wilson I think and we also had Gordon Strachan knock in about that team as well, och well maybe's just me.

I remember picking up the Sunday Post the following and reading the news. At the time it was the worst news I'd read re DFC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He's being involved 16 times this season. Hardly someone who can't get a game!!!!.

If you can't find anything negative though why not just make it up?.

:lol2: Plenty of it about.

In the information void, just assume the worst and then get yourself all worked up over it. :rant: