The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
UWTB1893

News:Curran Crosses the Road To Join Dundee

Rate this topic

Just now, Hillbankdee said:

Speaking to a Utd supporter today and he was laughing at Dundee having signed Curran. Said that Curran will give 100% but that's about it. Can't believe that they've managed to get him off their books. I guess only time will tell. 

I think I recall they said the same about Tommy Coyne....some of these moves work, some don't....but in this case, he's played for our manager before, whereas at the arabs it was a previous manager who signed him & the new one wants to make big changes to his squad. It may or may not work, and as you say, only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Not a universally popular notion mate. :rant:

I wonder who will be next for the good guy / w**k / contracts too long, discussion. Cannae wait.🙄

I think expectations on what is available to us in this window are something else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Read post No.52.

I think even if we offered him a 5yr contract on the minimum wage rather than the 18 months, on SPL wages, that many are suggesting you'd still argue that 5yrs was too long.

Your quite right as I have said already I think he should be on 6months with a promise of an extension. By the way I agree with your  one player one team theory. Only maybe he's had his one team at County, I'm hoping it's one player one manager.

PS I have no idea what you mean in post 22

Edited by Travellingdee

15 minutes ago, Hillbankdee said:

Speaking to a Utd supporter today and he was laughing at Dundee having signed Curran. Said that Curran will give 100% but that's about it. Can't believe that they've managed to get him off their books. I guess only time will tell. 

To be fair they said that about TC, not that I'm suggesting that he'll be another TC but it's just what football fans do.

They laughed when we signed Jim Laughlan, our player of the year, and Andy McLaren too.

8 minutes ago, Attilio said:

I wonder who will be next for the good guy / w**k / contracts too long, discussion. Cannae wait.🙄

I think expectations on what is available to us in this window are something else.

I'm always happy to hear other folks views on things, but when they're basically  I 'don't know anything about the guy but its a sh*t signing.....' I can't really take it seriously.

A lot of folk on here have been calling for a manager with a history of management, preferably at a decent level. We now have that and it seems even he is getting it wrong a lot of the time.... 

Maybe organise a lucky dip so that one of us chimps gets to call the shots. :lol2: 

• Funny 1

14 minutes ago, Attilio said:

Andrew Davies, 34yrs old and only played 12 games for Hartlepool, TWELVE Feckin games!!!!.😠

3 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

I'm always happy to hear other folks views on things, but when they're basically  I 'don't know anything about the guy but its a sh*t signing.....' I can't really take it seriously.

A lot of folk on here have been calling for a manager with a history of management, preferably at a decent level. We now have that and it seems even he is getting it wrong a lot of the time.... 

Maybe organise a lucky dip so that one of us chimps gets to call the shots. :lol2: 

Please don't tell me you've got to queue up for your turn.🙈

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Andrew Davies, 34yrs old and only played 12 games for Hartlepool, TWELVE Feckin games!!!!.😠

'Good when fit'  then? 😀

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Please don't tell me you've got to queue up for your turn.🙈

Twice, once for the ticket and once to put it in the tumbola. :lol2:

• Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

To be fair they said that about TC, not that I'm suggesting that he'll be another TC but it's just what football fans do.

They laughed when we signed Jim Laughlan, our player of the year, and Andy McLaren too.

They probably said the same about Beedie, Holt and Thomson who I think all did a job for us.

If we got Messi off them I'm sure they'd find a way to play it down.

2 minutes ago, Attilio said:

'Good when fit'  then? 😀

Lazy signing.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

They probably said the same about Beedie, Holt and Thomson who I think all did a job for us.

If we got Messi off them I'm sure they'd find a way to play it down.

Beedie was class for us.

Messi's far too wee to make it.

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Beedie was class for us.

Messi's far too wee to make it.

Doesn't track back either. 

5 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Twice, once for the ticket and once to put it in the tumbola. 

....and tickets are £30 but you get a free pie?.

1 hour ago, Chomp my root said:

Twice, once for the ticket and once to put it in the tumbola. 

What?! Nae pay at the gate?! 🙄

It always makes me laugh then sink into despair that once upon a time, very recently, Jim Lauchlan was Dundee FC's player of the year. 

• Sad 1
  • Funny 1

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:44, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Contract till 2021. Wow. That surprises me given our recent recruitment history. Hope this one works out.

All the best to our new striker and Hopefully he hits the ground running and goes on to prove a shrewd signing by the manager .

I have to say my initial thoughts on the contract length were very much the same lines as this post for a guy who has struggled to get a game in an absolutely dire United side but I'm sure Jim Mc knows the player better than any of us so lets hope he enjoys a successful time at Dens   !

Edited by DBDU

13 minutes ago, DBDU said:

All the best to our new striker and Hopefully he hits the ground running and goes on to prove a shrewd signing by the manager .

I have to say my initial thoughts on the contract length were very much the same lines as this post for a guy who has struggled to get a game in an absolutely dire United side but I'm sure Jim Mc knows the player better than any of us so lets hope he enjoys a successful time at Dens   !

16 games this season is hardly struggling. 

• Star Post 1

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:40, Reverend Lovejoy said:

He's being involved 16 times this season. Hardly someone who can't get a game!!!!.

If you can't find anything negative though why not just make it up?.

What part is he making up ?

Most of the appearances, certainly in the last 3 or 4 months ,  that he has made have been off the bench when ,if he is lucky ,he is getting brought on for the last 10 minutes of games   ! 

1 minute ago, Chomp my root said:

16 games this season is hardly struggling. 

Have a look at how many he has started particularly since September then get back to me !

Getting brought on for 5 or at most 10 minutes for a very poor side is in my book struggling to get a game !

5 minutes ago, DBDU said:

What part is he making up ?

Most of the appearances, certainly in the last 3 or 4 months ,  that he has made have been off the bench when ,if he is lucky ,he is getting brought on for the last 10 minutes of games   ! 

Well he's scored 6 in 16 appearances so he must have a great goals per minutes played ratio if he's hardly getting any gametime!

Edited by Stampguy

1 minute ago, DBDU said:

Have a look at how many he has started particularly since September then get back to me !

Getting brought on for 5 or at most 10 minutes for a very poor side is in my book struggling to get a game !

Not wanting to be pedantic but he IS still getting a game. 

Guess it comes down to language but "in my book" he's getting a game. 

• Wowzer 1

Let's be honest, it's exciting times. We will have almost a new team taking the field against Hearts for our first match after the break. We cannot expect too much of them in first game, but it will be exciting to see how they gel. Who knows we might go on an unbeaten run like County, we just do not know. They only downside for me is seeing Woods going to the papers saying derogatory things about those who will be his teamates after the break. He is a very limited footballer who should be careful what he says.

1 minute ago, Stampguy said:

Well he's scored 6 in 16 appearances so he must have a great goals per minutes played ratio if he's hardle getting any gametime!

He has scored 3 goals this season not 6 .

2 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Not wanting to be pedantic but he IS still getting a game. 

Guess it comes down to language but "in my book" he's getting a game. 

If you read my initial post im saying he is Struggling to get a game by that I meant struggling to get in to the starting 11  .. for the removal of any doubt maybe I should have said struggling to get a game except 5 minutes at the end when he gets on a as sub for a dire untied side  ..