The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Scottish Cup

Rate this topic

Scottish Cup  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dundee play a full-strength team in the cup?

• Yes, we want to go all the way
    • No, survival is all that matters
  2. 2. How far do you think Dundee will go?

Who do you want in the next round (if we beat Queens)? Am I the only Dee up for a derby?

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Who do you want in the next round (if we beat Queens)? Am I the only Dee up for a derby?

auchinleck talbot or east fife at home ;) 

That was frustrating - wanted a draw for a few extra days of prep but Hearts area tough team to come from behind against.

For me, I just want the lowest ranked team in the draw. I hate having the draw when we've got a replay to navigate!

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I don't trust our bunch to beat them and I reckon the psychological hit we'd take with a defeat to them would do more damage than the buzz we'd take from a win.

It's a no from me.

• Like 2

For logistical reasons I’d want Ross Cty or ICT away. But to progress I want one of  Talbert, east fife, ICT, st mirren, County at home (that’s the order of probable success if it came to fruition for me).

Dont want the old firm unless that means we take the potential money and use it now to strengthen and hubs, hearts, Aberdeen would all end in the inevitable. Don’t want the dabs as I think currently they would beat us likewise Kellie and st j.

First and foremost though, let’s win the replay.

Killie v Rangers

Hearts v Auchinleck

St Mirren v United

East Fife v Partick

Aberdeen/Stenhousemuir v DUNDEE/Queens

Celtic v St Johnstone

sh**e draw. Send the kids to Dumfries and keep the first team fresh for the Accies game.

We've lost all 11 games v Aberdeen since May 2015. We're hardly going to end that run at Pittodrie with our current team.

• Like 1

I suppose that could be £100k in TV money, not to be scoffed at.

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

sh**e draw. Send the kids to Dumfries and keep the first team fresh for the Accies game.

We've lost all 11 games v Aberdeen since May 2015. We're hardly going to end that run at Pittodrie with our current team.

We did beat Aberdeen in the cup not long ago, however being realistic we will get beat (probably by queens but if not by Aberdeen) and make no money as it won’t be live on tv either.

3 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

I suppose that could be £100k in TV money, not to be scoffed at.

How many games will be live? I’d expect County v ICT, Killie v Rangers and Celtic v Saints as the first three games to be chosen? And I would be surprised if they pick Auckenleck again!!!

Edited by Bjs

2 minutes ago, Bjs said:

We did beat Aberdeen in the cup not long ago, however being realistic we will get beat (probably by queens but if not by Aberdeen) and make no money as it won’t be live on tv either.

We were outplayed at Dens and then Clarkson scored a last-minute winner. It's always possible that can happen but it's rare.

Also there's the worry that we'll get battered again. While McCann seemed to relish playing Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts the same can't be said for McIntyre. We're far more likely to roll over than come away with a victory so I'd rather focus on the league.

That six-pointer at Hamilton could potentially define our season and even the next five years. Having our first team players knocking their pan in midweek against Queens and possibly getting injured just for the chance to play a cup tie in Aberdeen doesn't sound like a smart move.

8 minutes ago, Bjs said:

How many games will be live? I’d expect County v ICT, Killie v Rangers and Celtic v Saints as the first three games to be chosen? And I would be surprised if they pick Auckenleck again!!!

Three. They usually have ignored the Highland derby though in the past - not huge viewing figures.

Hibs, Hearts or Kilmarnock away would have been preferable. None are (much)? easier games but we seem to have some sort of mental collapse whenever we play against Aberdeen - our record against them is an embarrassment.

Gutted but this team were never going to take us to Hampden anyway.

2 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Three. They usually have ignored the Highland derby though in the past - not huge viewing figures.

Alba will be on that like a tramp on chips.