Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Scottish Cup

Cobra

Scottish Cup  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dundee play a full-strength team in the cup?

• Yes, we want to go all the way
    • No, survival is all that matters
  2. 2. How far do you think Dundee will go?

8 minutes ago, Bjs said:

How many games will be live? I’d expect County v ICT, Killie v Rangers and Celtic v Saints as the first three games to be chosen? And I would be surprised if they pick Auckenleck again!!!

Three. They usually have ignored the Highland derby though in the past - not huge viewing figures.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We were outplayed at Dens and then Clarkson scored a last-minute winner. It's always possible that can happen but it's rare.

Also there's the worry that we'll get battered again. While McCann seemed to relish playing Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts the same can't be said for McIntyre. We're far more likely to roll over than come away with a victory so I'd rather focus on the league.

That six-pointer at Hamilton could potentially define our season and even the next five years. Having our first team players knocking their pan in midweek against Queens and possibly getting injured just for the chance to play a cup tie in Aberdeen doesn't sound like a smart move.

Under McCann we drew with Celtic once. We definitely didn’t beat Aberdeen. And I think we won and drew against Hearts. So 5 points out of 27 against these teams is hardly a good record in my eyes.

Why did he relish playing them?

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

We were outplayed at Dens and then Clarkson scored a last-minute winner. It's always possible that can happen but it's rare.

Also there's the worry that we'll get battered again. While McCann seemed to relish playing Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts the same can't be said for McIntyre. We're far more likely to roll over than come away with a victory so I'd rather focus on the league.

That six-pointer at Hamilton could potentially define our season and even the next five years. Having our first team players knocking their pan in midweek against Queens and possibly getting injured just for the chance to play a cup tie in Aberdeen doesn't sound like a smart move.

The day we start putting out weak teams in cup matches like the big clubs in England, will be the day our game has gone up here...

The cup is not for us this season sadly.

To do well in the cup, you need to win games.

Hamilton are the only team in the top two divisions we've beat all season including Ayr, Queens and Dunfermline.

It's nearly bloody February.

Pathetic season.

Having said that, I'll be at Pittodrie no doubt if we somehow win the replay at Palmerston. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ranking Roger said:

Under McCann we drew with Celtic once. We definitely didn’t beat Aberdeen. And I think we won and drew against Hearts. So 5 points out of 27 against these teams is hardly a good record in my eyes.

Why did he relish playing them?

I think McCann liked going up against teams who came out and tried to play football. 4 points of 6 from the two home games v Hearts was a good return. He did lose all four games to Aberdeen but all were by a single goal. Our performance at Pittodrie was excellent but we missed a sitter to win the game and then picked up two freak injuries before their winner. Also we were heading for a well-deserved draw at Dens before Kusunga's moment of madness gifted them a penalty. Against Celtic we conceded a respectable 3 goals in 3 league games and hit the post during our impressive draw at Parkhead.

McIntyre has been very fortunate to only concede 16 goals in the four games against Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen, and that's why I don't think he relishes these big challenges. His strength seems to be McCann's weakness i.e. dealing with limited opposition who are happy to park the bus and scrap for points.

16 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

The day we start putting out weak teams in cup matches like the big clubs in England, will be the day our game has gone up here...

If we get relegated and spend another seven years in the Championship will you console yourself with the fact we played our strongest team in cup games?

Klopp playing a weakened team in the FA Cup was farcical. Dundee doing so in the Scottish Cup when we're bottom of the league, skint and struggling with a threadbare squad would for me be quite sensible, especially when our replay is days before a critical league match and progress means a horribly difficult trip to Pittodrie.

• Like 2

Just now, Cobra said:

If we get relegated and spend another seven years in the Championship will you console yourself with the fact we played our strongest team in cup games?

Klopp playing a weakened team in the FA Cup was farcical. Dundee doing so in the Scottish Cup when we're bottom of the league, skint and struggling with a threadbare squad would for me be quite sensible, especially when our replay is days before a critical league match and progress means a horribly difficult trip to Pittodrie.

Say we play a team of kids and get a 8-0 9-0...what does that say about our club?

Then we lose to Hamilton anyway with a "rested squad"

Play the strongest available team in both matches...

The day we want to lose in cup games is the day to put the ball away.

• Like 6

Got to play strongest side in scottish cup - tbh tho i can see us getting knocked out by QOS

Cobra - playing our best team isnt going to have an effect on the side for a league game , if they cant play 2 games in a week then theres something wrong , we`re not winning games anyway..... i mind reading rubbish on here how the players looked fitter under JM so playing 2 games in a week shouldnt be a problem

Just now, Mr Sensible said:

Say we play a team of kids and get a 8-0 9-0...what does that say about our club?

Then we lose to Hamilton anyway with a "rested squad"

Play the strongest available team in both matches...

The day we want to lose in cup games is the day to put the ball away.

Agreed

Adblock Detected