Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Played for Dundee and Queens

Cobra

Bobby Connor. I remember being thrilled that a Dee was getting capped. Think he was the only Dundee player capped by Scotland in the 1980s. Strange given how good we were for most of those years. I suppose it highlights the quality Scotland had available to them at the time. Jim Duffy would be first name on the teamsheet for the national team nowadays.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Bobby Connor. I remember being thrilled that a Dee was getting capped. Think he was the only Dundee player capped by Scotland in the 1980s. Strange given how good we were for most of those years. I suppose it highlights the quality Scotland had available to them at the time. Jim Duffy would be first name on the teamsheet for the national team nowadays.

We also had Archie Knox

• Like 1

Paul Heffernan. He only scored one Dundee goal but it's not one I'm likely to forget any time soon.

KT releases Stewart on the flank and a pinpoint cross is met by the Heff to end Dundee's long wait for a derby win and get Dens bouncing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Paul Heffernan. He only scored one Dundee goal but it's not one I'm likely to forget any time soon.

KT releases Stewart on the flank and a pinpoint cross is met by the Heff to end Dundee's long wait for a derby win and get Dens bouncing.

The audio that plays right to the end of this clip, even after the action has faded away, is a thing of beauty.

"Dundee's third goal scored by number 49..... Paul Heffernan!"

"Nah, Nah, Nah, Na-Na-Na-Naaaaaahhhhhhh , Na-Na-Na-Naaaaaahhhhhh, Dundeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barkblue said:

The audio that plays right to the end of this clip, even after the action has faded away, is a thing of beauty.

"Dundee's third goal scored by number 49..... Paul Heffernan!"

"Nah, Nah, Nah, Na-Na-Na-Naaaaaahhhhhhh , Na-Na-Na-Naaaaaahhhhhh, Dundeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

Brilliant - hair standing up on my arms watching that

• Like 1

Darren Young

Signed for Dundee in May 2008. Made his debut seven months later just before Christmas in the 83rd minute at Broadwood. Sent off in the 86th minute.

Four months after that in April 2009 (with Dundee's season already over) he made his first start in dark blue.

The following season his first start came in December at Firhill. He played a full 90 minutes against Ross County in January before disappearing yet again and reappearing four months to play 10 minutes against ICT in May before leaving the club.

Unbelievable.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected