The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Reverend Lovejoy

Kamara Recalled.

Rate this topic

Gers will shaft us just like they did with Cammy Fraser, Ian Fergusson & Zurab.

Anyone seen Lee Wilkie's comments in the Tele about Kamara? Admits to not having seen much of him play but then goes on to say he's not good enough for Rangers. What an utter tool! How that boy can get his own column in the paper boggles the mind.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Anyone seen Lee Wilkie's comments in the Tele about Kamara? Admits to not having seen much of him play but then goes on to say he's not good enough for Rangers. What an utter tool! How that boy can get his own column in the paper boggles the mind.

To be honest, I'm not sure I would disagree with his comments. I would be surprised if Kamara becomes a regular starter for Rangers over the 4 years of his contract. 

12 minutes ago, ChinaDee said:

To be honest, I'm not sure I would disagree with his comments. I would be surprised if Kamara becomes a regular starter for Rangers over the 4 years of his contract. 

It was more the fact that he's formed such an opinion having just admitted he's barely seen him play I was getting at.

Who knows whether he'll fit in there or not, but he's young and still developing. We've seen flashes of what he can do and he'll only get better with age.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It was more the fact that he's formed such an opinion having just admitted he's barely seen him play I was getting at.

Who knows whether he'll fit in there or not, but he's young and still developing. We've seen flashes of what he can do and he'll only get better with age.

Not sure the hoards at Ibrox will give him time to develop - he should speak to Hendry . The expectation will be huge and talented that he is I’m not sure Ibrox will be that beneficial to him

41 minutes ago, ChinaDee said:

Agree. He'll likely be a bench warmer for the first half of next season or the whole season then disappear off on loan to a English League One side or maybe Hearts or like on loan to be followed by future loans and eventually contract terminated and off permanently to one of the aforementioned options. Just like what happens when Celtic/Rangers plunder the other SPFL teams taking away their best players (and diminishing any threat from those teams) for reduced fees and, in our experience mostly with Rangers, for nowt. It sickens me and if it wasn't for my love for all things DFC I would be finished with Scottish football.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Troodee1893 said:

Agree. He'll likely be a bench warmer for the first half of next season or the whole season then disappear off on loan to a English League One side or maybe Hearts or like on loan to be followed by future loans and eventually contract terminated and off permanently to one of the aforementioned options. Just like what happens when Celtic/Rangers plunder the other SPFL teams taking away their best players (and diminishing any threat from those teams) for reduced fees and, in our experience mostly with Rangers, for nowt. It sickens me and if it wasn't for my love for all things DFC I would be finished with Scottish football.

Agree with this and am also sickened with Scottish football 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Harry94 said:

It's all relative and open to interpretation etc but I think that the team in the club 12 season were less equipped for the top flight - we had some good runs but rarely looked capable of competing in the league.

Maybe one of the worst point wise but I think 2012 and 2008 were worse Dundee teams. The season under Kernaghan I'd say would easily be the worst ever Dundee team I've seen, funnily enough, they got to a Scottish Cup semi!

John Holmes would struggle to get a semi watching Kernaghan's team.😂

• Funny 1

Club 12 season was horrendous because we were so far behind the likes of ICT it was scary. They beat us 4-1 home and away and it could have been a lot worse.

This season is bad and there have been some horror shows but we've been competitive more often than not. Our points total is shocking but there have been lots of injuries and bad luck and the decision to sign so many new players untested at this level was daft and that's cost us a lot of points.

4 hours ago, ChinaDee said:

Depends who they bring in. Right now he walks into the team once Coulibaly leaves.

I think Kamara will do well there. He's technically excellent and he doesn't seem the type to lose confidence playing in front of big crowds. Surrounded by good footballers I'd expect him to thrive. The only concern for Rangers I think is that he's defensively suspect at times and he'll need to do better if he's going to sit in front of their defence.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I think Kamara will do well there. He's technically excellent and he doesn't seem the type to lose confidence playing in front of big crowds. Surrounded by good footballers I'd expect him to thrive. The only concern for Rangers I think is that he's defensively suspect at times and he'll need to do better if he's going to sit in front of their defence.

The boo boys will soon be on him as he watches players ghost by . 

17 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Agree with this. I think playing in a team of players at his level and who have a lot of the ball will bring out the best in him. He's so comfortable in possession and (last season anyway) had one of the highest percentage of completed passes into the final third in the league. Think a lot of guys are underestimating how much we will miss him. Without him in there we don't have anyone capable of retaining possession under pressure. 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 2

10 minutes ago, An-dee said:

Agree with this. I think playing in a team of players at his level and who have a lot of the ball will bring out the best in him. He's so comfortable in possession and (last season anyway) had one of the highest percentage of completed passes into the final third in the league. Think a lot of guys are underestimating how much we will miss him. Without him in there we don't have anyone capable of retaining possession under pressure. 

There must be a whole load of players that have been released by academies of Chelsea arsenal etc who have similar attributes. Doesn’t mean they go on to set the world alight. But you are totally right, with better players around he may shine or not of course

8 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

There must be a whole load of players that have been released by academies of Chelsea arsenal etc who have similar attributes. Doesn’t mean they go on to set the world alight. But you are totally right, with better players around he may shine or not of course

That is true, although I do think Kamara will be a good player for Rangers. Some of his performances last season were outstanding. Partick Thistle away when we lost 2-1 after dominating was pretty special. Not many players in his position can drop the shoulder and glide past players the way he can. The amount of times he did that last season and wiped out 3 or 4 players was unreal. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChinaDee said:

Agree with you,  he has never bossed a Dundee game all season, would be surprised if he holds down a place ahead of Jack or the young lad McCrorie, Arfield, Halliday.. 

Just saw JM interviewed on Sky Sports News, talking about trying to arrange a deal for Kamara to go to Ibrox now....didn't sound like there's anything going to be announced imminently. 

29 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

Just saw JM interviewed on Sky Sports News, talking about trying to arrange a deal for Kamara to go to Ibrox now....didn't sound like there's anything going to be announced imminently. 

Yep. Said talks are ongoing but interestingly he did stress that Spence is away, so even with Kamara he's short in midfield.

You don't say Jim.

Edited by Dondeh