The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Andrew Davies - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

I did hear a rumour that we were looking to get Declan Gallagher back but nothing seems to have come of it.

Apparently he rejected it straight off the bat.

• Funny 8
  • Like 1

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You're on form today mate. 

• Thanks 1

Edited. Going over old ground.

2 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

That one’s a dinger

JM is getting the players he wants in (X County players) so don't want NM getting the blame should we go down.

Just now, CC33 said:

JM is getting the players he wants in (X County players) so don't want NM getting the blame should we go down.

I don't think McIntyre can really excuse being relegated tbh. I think this is a huge opportunity for him and it looks like he has the resources available to be expected to do it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cobra said:

How many of their players would we take off them this summer though if we had the chance? Maybe the centre-back Halkett, who was excellent at Dens recently, and Lawless, who we should really have tried to get from Partick ourselves, but that's probably it.

Would hope we’d be looking at Halkett. Still only 24. He’ll have plenty of options this summer I’d imagine 

• Like 1

Perhaps not a popular thought on here but once again it seems that DFC / manager are being supported by the owners to make changes

• Like 3

Decent signing if fit. Again if fit then better than Kasunga and Innis. Only issue is we have a real lack of pace with the four central defenders we’ve got now. Having said that they all decent in the tackle and in the air.

4 hours ago, Dblair said:

Would hope we’d be looking at Halkett. Still only 24. He’ll have plenty of options this summer I’d imagine 

Seen elsewhere Rangers are wanting him back.

52 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Seen elsewhere Rangers are wanting him back.

Yeah read that, out of their back 3 he’s the one I’d want

10 hours ago, Cobra said:

Livi don't have better players than us. They're just organised and committed.

I'm confident that the team we're building will pick up the points needed.

Livi do have better players than us. 

But we don't have to bet better that Livi,(my god what am I saying!)  just St Mirren and Hamilton

14 minutes ago, BigG said:

Livi do have better players than us. 

With Livi the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Most of their players would not improve us. Last season Livi finished 12 points behind champions St Mirren and a point ahead of a rotten United side. I doubt they would have reached the play-offs if it wasn't for Rangers giving them Hardie in January.

What's really working for them this season is not the quality of the individuals. It's the stability and familiarity that comes with playing the same players season after season.

Livi were second best at Dens recently and probably didn't deserve to get anything from the game but they give nothing away at the back. You take Halkett out of their team and I think we would have won that game by a couple of goals.

• Like 1

Livi are a team that has a game plan and plays to its strengths and it's been effective for them. They are a team basically and a decent one at picking up points at that.

Think the big diver Menga looked a right handful at the away game through there. Him aside, agree with Cobra.

As bad as we've been, a lot of its been due to the gigantic instability we've had in players, line ups, formations, management, tactics and so on. It's been absolute chaos for 3 seasons as we constantly react to bad results with changes. 

We've basically had about 6 teams worth of players and 3 managers in 3 seasons with every formation and style of play under the sun. It's been a shambles in hindsight. A costly shambles.

11 hours ago, Cobra said:

With Livi the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Most of their players would not improve us. Last season Livi finished 12 points behind champions St Mirren and a point ahead of a rotten United side. I doubt they would have reached the play-offs if it wasn't for Rangers giving them Hardie in January.

What's really working for them this season is not the quality of the individuals. It's the stability and familiarity that comes with playing the same players season after season.

Livi were second best at Dens recently and probably didn't deserve to get anything from the game but they give nothing away at the back. You take Halkett out of their team and I think we would have won that game by a couple of goals.

They have exceeded expectations certainly - however second half of the season I reckon they will not pick up as many points. Other astute managers will suss them out and find a way to beat them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

They have exceeded expectations certainly - however second half of the season I reckon they will not pick up as many points. Other astute managers will suss them out and find a way to beat them

I'd anticipated that happening in the second round of games, but they've done very well (with a decent new manager) to keep their form, at home anyway, going. 

They may slip back a bit now, but I think they'll stay far enough above the relegation group of 3/4....and I'll be happy if they keep beating Hamilton & St.Mirren, though.

Rumour has it, he's just broken his foot in a bounce match against St Johnstone....

1 minute ago, Harry94 said:

Rumour has it, he's just broken his foot in a bounce match against St Johnstone....

Who?

2 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Who?

Andrew Davies.

Comes from a p & b poster who I wouldn't think would make something like this up.

6 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Andrew Davies.

Comes from a p & b poster who I wouldn't think would make something like this up.

Ouch.😟

6 minutes ago, Harry94 said:

Andrew Davies.

F’kin hell! 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

F’kin hell! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Terrible news for both him and the club if true. Maybe not long term though, 3/4  weeks maybe?.

Edit- 6wks for a metatarsal.