Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Our Top 6 Chances...

Frank Grimes

... are still not as great as I'd like them to be.

We're sitting fairly well as far as the table looks but when you take a peak at the run in before the split, I don't fancy our chances that much.

Accies may be in free fall but in their final 5 games, they still have the bottom 3 to play.

Saints also have a fairly kind run in.

We have 6 games - Ross away (bogey fixture), then the top 4 (none of which we've beaten in the league this season) then what may be a showdown with Saints.

We really need a couple of big results in the tougher games if we're gonna do it IMO.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If we show some bottle and toughness and turn up and play the way we know we are all capable of in the Derby, there is no reason we can't beat United. They are in crisis at the moment, their defence and keeper are truly awful. Without the ladyboy and Armstrong they severely lack pace to get up and down the park.

We've already been a match for Aberdeen on all 3 occasions this season, taking a win and a draw. We've also taken 4 points off St Johnstone, a point at Inverness and another off Celtic at Dens. We've shown we can match these teams on our day and take points. We just need to hope we can stay tight at the back like we have in the last 2, and keep our playmakers fit there's no reason we can't win at least a couple of these.

Awh come one FG...

ANY crack at top six is one crack more than we had any reason to expect for this season.

Yes, it will be a wee bit disappointing if we drop out of the top six, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying the VAST majority of us would have taken 10th place at the start of the season, no?

Awh come one FG...

ANY crack at top six is one crack more than we had any reason to expect for this season.

Yes, it will be a wee bit disappointing if we drop out of the top six, but I don't think I'm wrong in saying the VAST majority of us would have taken 10th place at the start of the season, no?

very true.

If we are going to consider ourselves top six side (which I think we are) then these are the sort of games are the sort of games we need to take something out of.  Little point in creeping into the top six through the back door or by default.

A lot of it will come down again to injuries and who is available as I think with everyone fit we can give anyone a game in this league.  The last thing we need is a bunch or performances like the Celtic cup game, where it looked like we are beaten before we got on the park or the league Derbies where we played to their strengths each time.

Think we're just going to miss out, looking at the fixtures; If we can take it down to the St Johnstone game just before the split, i'd be happy with that. 

To get the top six we'll have to win two of the games out of Aberdeen, Inverness, Celtic and United (possible but unlikely).

Still great to be looking at the top six this season, in which staying up was the aim. If we end up in the bottom six, we might get a few larger than usual away crowds near the end of the season with the relegation battle. 

...To get the top six we'll have to win two of the games out of Aberdeen, Inverness, Celtic and United (possible but unlikely).

???

Surely that's not the case.

We're already *in* the top six, so to remain there all we have to do is keep taking points at the same rate as the teams below us.

Clubs above us aren't that important to our staying in. It's the results against those below (and their other results obv.) that matter more.

End of the day, it's all in our hands, just need to make sure we get the results we need! :)

Joe. St Johnstone have an easy last couple games compared to us.

Yeah, but doesn't alter that fact does it?  :)

It might be true that it would be *helpful* to us to take as many points as we can from those above us.. (obv.)

But those below us have similar games as well... and we also have to play some of those below us too!

St J might have an easier run on paper, but what about the Accies?

Too many variables at the moment to say anything other than "We need to keep taking points anywhere we can" until it is mathematically impossible to either remain in or be squeezed out of the top six

Adblock Detected