The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Dundee V Motherwell

Rate this topic

Dundee v Motherwell  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts for Saturday?

2. 2. Who should be in the starting XI?

The Steelmen have won on their last four visits to Dens but the Dark Blues will be feeling confident after a tremendous victory at Tynecastle.

Thoughts for the game?

They had a good win last night against the other half of the Edinburgh pair, so It won't be easy despite our great win last night.

A draw wouldn't be the worst but could really be doing with all 3 points to really send a signal to Accies and Saints.  The bottom 3 is pretty much set but a win will leave a tiny opening for us to exploit.  Big game.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HK Blues said:

They had a good win last night against the other half of the Edinburgh pair, so It won't be easy despite our great win last night.

A draw wouldn't be the worst but could really be doing with all 3 points to really send a signal to Accies and Saints.  The bottom 3 is pretty much set but a win will leave a tiny opening for us to exploit.  Big game.  

I am quite surprised after last night's game no one has commented HK ... "One Swallow disnae mak a Summer" etc, etc, etc.

Well although nae one can argie wi that sentiment, after DFC's long barren spell & the manner of it coming to an end last night.

we've got plenty reason to believe it is mair than just a mere posibility, we can show the same fighting spirit against the'well:chaplin:

And Again. Well Done to DFC, Jim, All the Players, Fans/Supporters, who held on to their belief. Especially those at the game :wub:

19 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I am quite surprised after last night's game no one has commented HK ... "One Swallow disnae mak a Summer" etc, etc, etc.

Well although nae one can argie wi that sentiment, after DFC's long barren spell & the manner of it coming to an end last night.

we've got plenty reason to believe it is mair than just a mere posibility, we can show the same fighting spirit against the'well:chaplin:

And Again. Well Done to DFC, Jim, All the Players, Fans/Supporters, who held on to their belief. Especially those at the game :wub:

I think many of us are seeing last night as a continuation of a noticeable improvement since McIntyre took over (with some blimps) so last night wasn't really the proverbial swallow, Gedee.

Regardless, a great result and hopefully the first of many!

• Like 1

It's going to be a battle I think,but I'm going for 2-1 the Dee.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FanDee said:

It's going to be a battle I think,but I'm going for 2-1 the Dee.

After the fighting display & the joy of a long awaited victory for DFC FanDee, the players the fans & even JM (who appears to be a solid, down to earth, cool customer) I'd like to think all parties will have had that much needed "confidence-lift"

If they approach the Sat game with the same energy & enthusiasm ... Another victory for Dark Blues:chaplin:

• Like 1

Think this will be a tough game with them having a good result and would take a point .

In saying that with the result last night the lads should be buzzing so lets hope its all 3. 

Dieng

Kerr         Innes        Kusunga        Ralph

J.Curran    Woods     Kamara      Dales

Gowser

Nelson 

Id start with Nelson up front alone with Gowser just off of him and bring Kamara back in .

Look to bring Kenny miller on as the match progresses to go to 4-4-2

As much as id like it to happen I cant see Kamara getting a game  but there is no reason why it shouldn't .

He's our best player and while he is at Dens and we are paying his wages he ought to be in the team . Jordan Jones showed last night there is no reason to think just because a player is leaving he cant still give his all and I don't see why Glen wouldn't .

If we can get a Deefiant performance from the players with a Deefiant support backing them then we could win this game. From the highlights last night and their sub appearances at the weekend I can see Nelson chipping in with a few goals and giving the opposition defence no rest, and Dales looks like he likes to go forward with pace. We need an attacking performance that will get the fans out of their seats and three points tucked away before the Accies game. Let's be loud in our support on Saturday.

Interesting selection ahead for JM with O'Dea  and Hadenius available. Although I've put the new boy in, I don't think JM will start either of them. Up front does he continue with top scorer Miller on the bench?.

Need to take something from the game and would've taken 4 points from these 2 games before last night.  

Edited by Dondeh

Wouldn’t give Kamara the shirt, his head and heart are elsewhere, too much smoke blown up his arch, scary that he going to a club to be a bit part player, it is clear that Jone’s at Killie has a different mentality and all credit to him. We need to build with the squad we will have going forward and continue to clear the deadwood & Dross. 

I’m going for a draw, heart says to start the same team as last night, but head is saying that it will have taken a lot out of them, wouldn’t be surprised to see Horsefeild play right back, Andreas come in for McGowan or Woods and Miller to come in for Dales or Curren.

One thing though, we now have decent options to our squad from the bench.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bjs said:

I’m going for a draw, heart says to start the same team as last night, but head is saying that it will have taken a lot out of them, wouldn’t be surprised to see Horsefeild play right back, Andreas come in for McGowan or Woods and Miller to come in for Dales or Curren.

Speaking personally, I guess I will have to watch & no' get over excited over yesterday's Tynecastle victory (For sanity, & general health sake sake better to try to keep emotions a bit contained & in control) But there was surely  enough to see to go along with your own thoughts (highlighted) Bjs.

So Well Done again to all DFC players, manager, fans:chaplin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DBDU said:

Think this will be a tough game with them having a good result and would take a point .

In saying that with the result last night the lads should be buzzing so lets hope its all 3. 

Dieng

Kerr         Innes        Kusunga        Ralph

J.Curran    Woods     Kamara      Dales

Gowser

Nelson 

Id start with Nelson up front alone with Gowser just off of him and bring Kamara back in .

Look to bring Kenny miller on as the match progresses to go to 4-4-2

As much as id like it to happen I cant see Kamara getting a game  but there is no reason why it shouldn't .

He's our best player and while he is at Dens and we are paying his wages he ought to be in the team . Jordan Jones showed last night there is no reason to think just because a player is leaving he cant still give his all and I don't see why Glen wouldn't .

Have you seen Kamara recently? Waste of a shirt. Also Gowzer is totally ineffectual, just behind striker. 

Can I ask When Kamara was  a waste of a shirt ( More so than any of the  others ) ?

.. I keep hearing this and hearing that he has downed tools etc when I've seen little evidence that is the case , it has almost become like a sound bite that someone has suggested and because the lad has signed a deal with rangers we are all running with it and saying  he no longer is capable of performing without any actual evidence to back this up . 

It was the same with Greg Stewart towards the end of his time when it became clear he would be moving . All of a sudden people started suggesting things that simply were not there and just because he was going to be leaving all of a sudden he wasn't trying , he was lazy , his heart wasn't in it etc !!

Kamara  was excellent against both Hamilton & Rangers and also in the first half against killie away was he not ?? Then on the back of those showings  he was dropped for the match against Aberdeen for Lewis Spence😯

.I was at Pittodrie that night scratching my head in disbelief at that  decision and when listening to others asking why the manager wouldn't play him that's where I first heard the line that his head wasn't on it , that he wasn't interested etc and I was thinking when did that happen I must have missed that one because it certainly wasn't in the preceding 3 matches !!

In the matches iv seen him from the Aberdeen match  on he hasn't been involved as much granted but that was for the most part because we were completely missing out the midfield so if the boy isn't being given it he cant do much I'm afraid !

Ive not seen anything to back this notion up that Kamara wouldn't be capable of performing for us until he goes so that being the case I would have him in the starting 11 every time as im a believer in playing your best players when they are available  .

Edited by DBDU
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bjs said:

Any word on how young Moore played? Good to see him getting 30 minutes and not just the last few to waste time. Good to see him on before the "4" or Deacon.

Got to start with same team boys deserve it ???  We will give them 4 on saturday  

58 minutes ago, DBDU said:

Can I ask When Kamara was  a waste of a shirt ( More so than any of the  others ) ?

.. I keep hearing this and hearing that he has downed tools etc when I've seen little evidence that is the case , it has almost become like a sound bite that someone has suggested and because the lad has signed a deal with rangers we are all running with it and saying  he no longer is capable of performing without any actual evidence to back this up . 

It was the same with Greg Stewart towards the end of his time when it became clear he would be moving . All of a sudden people started suggesting things that simply were not there and just because he was going to be leaving all of a sudden he wasn't trying , he was lazy , his heart wasn't in it etc !!

Kamara  was excellent against both Hamilton & Rangers and also in the first half against killie away was he not ?? Then on the back of those showings  he was dropped for the match against Aberdeen for Lewis Spence😯

.I was at Pittodrie that night scratching my head in disbelief at that  decision and when listening to others asking why the manager wouldn't play him that's where I first heard the line that his head wasn't on it , that he wasn't interested etc and I was thinking when did that happen I must have missed that one because it certainly wasn't in the preceding 3 matches !!

In the matches iv seen him from the Aberdeen match  on he hasn't been involved as much granted but that was for the most part because we were completely missing out the midfield so if the boy isn't being given it he cant do much I'm afraid !

Ive not seen anything to back this notion up that Kamara wouldn't be capable of performing for us until he goes so that being the case I would have him in the starting 11 every time as im a believer in playing your best players when they are available  .

Up to a point I agree with you, I hate it when we jerk ourselves into a viewpoint of a player based on the more its repeated the more its true. Having said that, we don't know what's happening and for whatever reason the manager isn't playing him. There must be a reason for this, as you say, he's been an excellent player for us in the past. It would be bizarre of the manager not to play him unless he has a good reason, even if 'we' don't know what it is. 

• Like 1

Same again! If that group can go to tynecastle get a result then they deserve a run at Motherwell. 

It's not rocket science what the situation is with Kamara.

The manager wants players who will run themselves in to the ground and give 100 percent for the cause which is battling our way to safety and avoiding the bottom two spots.

He has publicly stated he wants a deal done for him to join Rangers now his head is elsewhere and he isn't in his plans anymore hence why he's not been in the squad for either of our January games.

Basically the player is finished at Dens and the only thing left to debate is whether the club can reach a deal to ship him out before the window closes or he sits in our reserves until June.

I'm sure Dundee and Rangers behind closed doors will be looking at putting a deal together that sees him leave by the end of the month.

Good player on his day. Wasn't having a great season for us. His head was turned and he has got his move. All that has to be decided is whether a deal can be reached which sees him leave now as he has no future in our team under our current manager.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gedee said:

Just to keep you happy one swallow a summer does not make. We have to be cautious after all Jim Mac was cautious in his summing up last night. We have to remember how things went belly-up big style after the defeat at Rugby Park.