The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

James Horsfield - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

Good signing and has experience. McIntyre doing very well this window :) 

15 minutes ago, GregTeamDee said:

Good signing and has experience. McIntyre doing very well this window  

Stop that Greg, there lazy, uninspiring, mercaneries and backward type signings 😂😂

• Funny 1

Good to see JM and the club getting the reinforcements in.  Possible that of the team that started the 1st League game at St Mirren, none will start on Saturday. Some turnaround in players.

1 hour ago, Spiritof62 said:

I think the Owners need to be applauded for stepping up to the plate here.

They have had some deserved stick recently but I’m happy with the backing given to Jmac.

I do find the DFC owners ultra private approach & minimal communication with fans, mighty frustrating at times (awe the time if truth be told)

But as others have said & as reflected by posts above, they do deserve a great deal of praise for the backing they've given their DFC managers.

Well Done to BOD/FPS. And let's hope together, last night's result is the first step toward safety. Please nae relegation. DFC are Premiership:chaplin:

BIG WELCOME TO ALL RECENT SIGNINGS...WELL DONE TO ALL THE DFC TEAM & SQUAD ... ESPECIALLY THOSE INVOLVED LAST NIGHT :wub:

• Like 2

I like it that the new signings are versatile players who can play a number of positions.  Maybe Dieng can also play centre half if we get any more injuries? 😋

I remember Motherwell had a keeper back in the late 60's early 70's that used to play outfield on the odd occasion.  Was it Keith MacRae?

Will that be Cammy's erse oot the door now?

32 minutes ago, Densparker said:

Will that be Cammy's erse oot the door now?

I think it might give Cammy that extra edge that has been missing, I feel he has become complacent this season as there has been no competition for his place.

Kerr has IMO been asked to do too much, and along with JCurran they are struggling to work together. IMO Kerr should focus on defending and let curran do the attacking stuff. Keep it simple.

• Like 1

Hope JM is asked tomorrow where he sees Horsfield fitting into the team. RB/MF or both (as/when required)?.

How many of the new boys is that, that have a Scunthorpe/Hartlepool link?. 

Edited by Dondeh

1 hour ago, Billy Pirie said:

It's good that we now have cover and competition for right back now. I agree that Cammy has been a shadow of the player he was a couple of seasons ago but I don't think it's down to complacency. I don't see any lack of effort from him but I do think he is in need of a wee break. He's still a relatively young player who has been an almost ever present for a few seasons now, often playing in high pressure games. I'd hate to see JM discard him entirely.

giving Cammy the Vice Captaincy at time was a complete nonsense and baffling which created a distraction from learning advancement of his own game and unnecessary pressure on his shoulders.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jojo gunn said:

giving Cammy the Vice Captaincy at time was a complete nonsense and baffling which created a distraction from learning advancement of his own game and unnecessary pressure on his shoulders.

That is not the reason he's been off it for two seasons though.

Mansfield after him acceding to the Tully.

3 minutes ago, Densparker said:

Mansfield after him acceding to the Tully.

Kerr?

I wonder if Dales alerted the manager to Horsfield's availability at Scunthorpe.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

I wonder if Dales alerted the manager to Horsfield's availability at Scunthorpe.

Yep.

See post #13

• Confused 1

Welcome to Den's James, another positive signing (and of course its cover for right side of defence).  Generally I think Cammy has been tremendous for us since he arrived on the scene, but at times he tries to do too much and I think that's more down to the shambles of the set-up (to put it mildly) the last two seasons or so has been.  Clearly its far to early to suggest we will maintain our Premiership but even the most pessimistic of us on here (half-empty's) might concede that the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, Saturday will be another nail biter though I would imagine (if you've any nails left) that's the Dundee way. 

• Like 1