The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

The Benefit of a Manager That Knows How To Keep Things Simple.

Rate this topic

This is NOT another demolition job on Our Previous Manager (please) ..

More about trying to highlight & focus on the Positive Attributes of Our Present Managers's Approach ... (Treat it as a Fun Topic or something more serious)

I am gonna kick it aff wi' a simple example Jim McIntrye identified (as we all did) Genseric Kusunga had an eye for goal. He then too him aside, praised him.

But suggested, he makes sure he is either facing, or running towards, the opposition's goal ;) And this simple. uncomplicated, straight-forward suggestion did

the trick for the General...As he thundered through to blast in thon Braw Goal (Okay eh like to add a wee bit daftness tae meh posts) But thoughts on JM?:chaplin:

• Like 1

Think he has decided on 442 or 4411. Also think he is not trying to teach his players how he wants them to play. He's recruited players to do the jobs that he knows they can do, rather than trying to add skills to players in the hope that they will turn out to be better players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BCram said:

Think he has decided on 442 or 4411. Also think he is not trying to teach his players how he wants them to play. He's recruited players to do the jobs that he knows they can do, rather than trying to add skills to players in the hope that they will turn out to be better players.

I go along with all your comments above BC'... None of us knows what's ahead for this season.

Although survival in the Premiership will do me, and probably most other DFC fans & supporters.

The one win agin Hearts has give us a reason to hope. Now it's up to JM to build on that. DFC :wub:

It's well-nigh impossible to comment on the positive aspects of McIntyre without commenting on the negative of MCann - compare and contrast type thing.

All I'll say is I think McIntyre has a better skillset than McCann to get us out of this mess, and results (I know, early days) seem to bear that out. 

• Like 1

Hi HK  (hope yir weel) ... I agree with all your post. And I accept the point made by yourself in the opening comment.

I specifically used the words "demolition-job"  to suggest...Criticise & compare, but let's not go too far along that road ;)

It seemed to me that under NM our forwards and midfielders nearly always received the ball with their backs towards goal, something that is changing under Jmac.

The more you think of McCann forcing his play out from the back tactics on the players we had at the time, the more ridiculous it seems.

One swallow does not make a summer but we have been given some hope, that’s important.

• Like 1

He's removed the doubt in defenders minds when in possession: safety first. He also has willing runners up front who can run the channels and get oppo defenders turned. Width too. Finally he's filled the team with hard workers.

• Like 2

Gents I have an email, sent to the club that Dates back to last season, indicating that JM would be the man to take us forward for the reasons you have indicated, he keeps it simple believes in a strong team work ethic and is capable of building a rock solid mid table side. How many of us walked out of the Stirling Albion game having won 4-0 feeling confident for the season ahead, I didn’t, a striker who missed a sitter and decided his pink boots were to blame and changed them !!. The writing was on the wall, If there is any critism of the club it might be that the time to react could have been quicker.

Kenny Miler has highlighted the next 5 games as the do or die for the season, he is right and with the team picking up the boost of fresh faces and a good win ( mid week) we have a bit of confidence building and a good result against Motherwell will see us with a bit more self believe and looking up rather than at the teams below. Hail Field Marshall McIntyre😂

This final quote from JM, taken from "Online Tele"... (Kinda reflects his doon tae earth, commom sense approach) ... imo.

"Delighted as he was at ending a seven-game streak without a win and at moving off the bottom, Jim was keeping his feet firmly on the ground.

“It was a great night and great for the fans. I was delighted for them because they have had a tough season. The players can be pleased with their work.

“However, we could be back bottom by Sunday night, so we know we’ve not turned things round yet. We’ve got it all to do and that’s the way we must approach every game. That starts with Motherwell on Saturday.”

Eh ken we've got tae watch oot for ... The "Oot o' Season Swallows" And awe that ;)

But whar wid DFC fans be withoot a bit o resilience & optimism? Eh didnae mak mehsel

Self Elected President..."The Happy Clappy Club for nothing :wacko:

And after the game Membership Nos. up to FOUR  again:chaplin:

It's less than a week since JM was getting slaughtered on here, and he will be again if we lose tomorrow. 

I've always thought he was a proper manager as opposed to NM and I won't change my mind according to results.

"Relegated by the end of February" indeed! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Blueboy said:

It's less than a week since JM was getting slaughtered on here, and he will be again if we lose tomorrow. 

I've always thought he was a proper manager as opposed to NM and I won't change my mind according to results.

Welcome to the wonderful world of football forums. :lol2:

• Funny 1

like the way he gathered the players at FT and sent them to the away fans, he could have easily milked the situation but he stayed that little bit behind the players applauding the fans....

Really do think tomorrow is massive, win and the liklehood is we will be 2 points clear of Accies going into next weekend..

All of a sudden its Hamilton under pressure with a set of fans who want there manager gone....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blueboy said:

At the end of the day, it's results (ESCAPING RELEGATION) that will determine his success or otherwise (at least as I see it)

But like you said above Blueboy, he's always come across as a "proper" manager. Tries to keep it simple for players & fans.

1 hour ago, Chomp my root said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of football forums. :lol2:

Thank goodness chomp, you are aye here tae keep us upstarts on an even keel ... MCINTYRE OOT !! :bye:

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

like the way he gathered the players at FT and sent them to the away fans, he could have easily milked the situation but he stayed that little bit behind the players applauding the fans....

Really do think tomorrow is massive, win and the liklehood is we will be 2 points clear of Accies going into next weekend..

All of a sudden its Hamilton under pressure with a set of fans who want there manager gone....

Agree Mr S. ... And as much as DFC (players & fans) deserve a win tomorrow, ... So also does JM (imo)

He's got a sensible approach. And it's heid doon & gettin' on with the job (Again imo) Guid Luck the Morn:chaplin:

Kusunga is quoted in The National today speaking about his goal against Hearts  saying "In training I do it all the time". Time for JM to tell the General to always do it when it matters - starting tomorrow. ☺

5 hours ago, Blueboy said:

JM himself states that the result against Hearts means little unless we get a 'result' against Motherwell.

He's not wrong imo.  

21 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

JM himself states that the result against Hearts means little unless we get a 'result' against Motherwell.

He's not wrong imo.  

I don't really get that thinking. The massively important three points gained at Tynecastle will still be on the board if we lose to Motherwell. It's not as if we're in a gameshow whereby defeat means you lose everything gained during the week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I don't really get that logic. The three points gained at Tynecastle will still be on the board if we lose to Motherwell. It's not as if we're in a gameshow whereby defeat means you lose everything gained during the week.

Surely his point is, one step forward two steps back?.

11 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Surely his point is, one step forward two steps back?.

Our points total increased by 30% in midweek. If St Mirren and Accies lose this weekend then it will be a good week for Dundee even if we lose to Motherwell.