The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

breaking 

• Wowzer 1

Lack of financial backing perhaps? Always seems to be asking for more

Suspended after talks at the club. You can imagine him ripping into the club over a perceived lack of ambition and them thinking "we don't have to tolerate that from this gobshite".

• Like 1

and Hearts in turmoil over Levein and that a***hole Stewart. 

Cmon Dundee. 

Hes been slating the players for months so might be a case the players have had enough.  No surprise hes away they should go for Steve Clarke or Strachan 

1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

Hes been slating the players for months so might be a case the players have had enough.  No surprise hes away they should go for Steve Clarke or Strachan 

He has, sometimes it's worked & sometimes not. Don't think he's away yet, still reported as 'not in the dugout this weekend', but I guess this isn't going to end amicably. Strachan would seem an obvious choice....he said he thought he had one more 'project' before retiring, and the club he supported in his youth would surely be one of the best options.

Last thing we need, though, is Hibs caving in v St.Mirren just now! 

• Like 1

Whittaker has apparently had his contract terminated. Would he be a good option for Dundee?

Quite an interesting press conference from Lennon today...

-------------------

It’s a hard game, I get that. But this is not a hard environment to play in – Glasgow is.

Every manager has targets, every manager has demands – win the league, make Europe, top six, don’t get relegated.

So all pressures are relative. The pressure we have at this club isn’t very demanding. It’s an environment where they should be thriving, not putting in half-baked performances week in, week out because it won’t be tolerated.

We’re letting games get away from us through slackness and not doing the basics well enough. 
You have to make demands of players.

The manager always takes the brunt of it and that’s fine. I get that but there has to be a responsibility of the players as well.

I’ll take responsibility for results and performance but it’s a two-way thing.

You can always change and moderate a little bit, like I have done. But when there are unacceptable performances I can’t let it go and it would be remiss of me to do that.

I’ve had this kind of treatment millions of times.Martin would go through me like a hot knife through butter.

You can go one way or the other but usually I went the other way. I thought, ‘Right, I’ll show you’ – or are you honest enough to go, ‘You know what, he’s right and I need to buck up my ideas’.

I’m not comparing myself to the modern-day player as I can’t.

When I have got the whip out, on many occasions I have had the right response. I can’t keep whipping them but I will do until I get a response. How else are you supposed to approach it?

You can’t go, ‘It’s all right lads, we’ll move on to the next game’.

You get the new-age coaches and managers saying you shouldn’t be saying this or that. That’s fine and it is all right if you’re Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola and you’re winning every week.

I’m not by any means old school but I am a bit of both and I’ll get the whip out when it’s required and it still is until I get the level of performance I’m looking for.

All I know is the players here are capable of producing a whole lot better.

Just realised that's Hibs in disarray just before they go to Paisley.

That'd be just our luck if we end up bottom of the table this weekend because Hibs are out of sorts.

"It is understood Lennon has not been sacked by Hibernian and has not resigned from his role.

"However, the Edinburgh club has begun a process in which Lennon will ultimately leave the club."

Sounds like the club are going through some kind of procedure to terminate his contract without having to pay him off.

• Like 1

A group of players apparently went to the board to complain about Lennon.

Backroom staff are supporting Lennon and refusing to take the team for the St Mirren game.

What a shambles.

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

A group of players apparently went to the board to complain about Lennon.

Backroom staff are supporting Lennon and refusing to take the team for the St Mirren game.

What a shambles.

It can go either way - motivate the players to do the business without him OR they down tools.  Who know?

1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

It can go either way - motivate the players to do the business without him OR they down tools.  Who know?

Think on balance it might benefit us ... After all it was the players who it seems, were no happy wi him or the way things were.

So it's up to them to prove themselves today. Show what they are really capable of. But as Cobra says, "What a shambles" :(

8 hours ago, Cobra said:

Just realised that's Hibs in disarray just before they go to Paisley.

That'd be just our luck if we end up bottom of the table this weekend because Hibs are out of sorts.

To be fair Cobra if we end up bottom again this weekend it'll be nothing to do will Hibs. We need to take the initiative here and use the confidence gained from Wednesday as the catalyst to win today, if we lose and St Mirren win I'll be looking no further than the dressing room door at Dens Park.

• Like 3

A total left field option for Hibs and one that would get the supporters and the club back together ......James McPake with an experience number 2? 

Apparently Whittaker had to get pulled off of Kamberi. :lol:

Sorrow, sorrow.

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, WeighorstsWang said:

Apparently Whittaker had to get pulled off of Kamberi. :lol:

Sorrow, sorrow.

Why was that mate? Whittaker sticking up for Lennon? 

1 hour ago, GregTeamDee said:

A total left field option for Hibs and one that would get the supporters and the club back together ......James McPake with an experience number 2? 

Good shout bud, but personally think they’ll go for another high profile man. Wouldn’t surprise me if they managed to convince Moyes. 

The Hibs directors and players seem to have a problem with managers who speak their mind and demand more from their professional players. Same problem with John Collins wasn't it?

5 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

To be fair Cobra if we end up bottom again this weekend it'll be nothing to do will Hibs. We need to take the initiative here and use the confidence gained from Wednesday as the catalyst to win today, if we lose and St Mirren win I'll be looking no further than the dressing room door at Dens Park.

I get your point Rev but we avoided relegation the last two seasons thanks to other teams being slightly worse than us and if we stay up again this season it will be the same situation.

A win is the target today but doing better than or at least matching the results of St Mirren and Hamilton is also massively important.

If we play well today and deserve to win but have to settle for a point, it will be what happens elsewhere that determines whether we're happy about this weekend.