Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Wackyjim

That Penalty

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Was so unnecessary the player was going away from goal when innis took him out... I'm not blaming him entirely for today's result as I think if Nelson had shown more composure the game was won long before then but we are working on narrow margins just now where even a point could make the difference between survival or relegation anyway, its on to Hamilton next week and if we can show the same determination as we did today then no reason to think we can't get 3 points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was absolutely crazy decision from him. Odea will be back during the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it was a foul and penalty...why is it that sometimes they are not given due to the attacking player having no chance of getting to the ball....the ball was practically out before the challenge came in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a question, but it seemed to me that the Motherwell player was falling down before Inniss bumped into him. Also we see time after time attackers deliberately change the line of their run to step in front of the defender. Have not seen any TV images apart from the one where the ball was heading out of play and not likely, in my opinion, to be controlled by the attacker.

Seems to me a thorough investigation of this incident should be made by the coaches in an effort to teach our players, so I'm not having a go at  Collum for this. He did blow up when Nelson nicked the ball and was clean through on goal, and I would criticise him for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've played 12 league games at Dens and conceded 6 penalties. Add in the free-kicks we gave away just outside the box against Hearts, Rangers and Motherwell (all of which resulted in crucial goals) and it's alarming how much damage we're doing with these naive fouls in and around our box.

  • Like 5
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cobra said:

We've played 12 league games at Dens and conceded 6 penalties. Add in the free-kicks we gave away just outside the box against Hearts, Rangers and Motherwell (all of which resulted in crucial goals) and it's alarming how much damage we're doing with these naive fouls in and around our box.

Absolutely this^^^^^^ We need to step and tackle players far higher up the pitch. The front 2 or 3 have got to track back and stick a foot in. It's pointless trying to stand in open space when the opposition are driving forward into our half. How long have we watched our defenders back off making tackles. Part of it must be positional play and part must be lack of coaching. Hopefully NM is making changes but there is a recurring theme that we don't stop the opposition in their half of the pitch nearly often enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Wackyjim said:

Was so unnecessary the player was going away from goal when innis took him out... I'm not blaming him entirely for today's result as I think if Nelson had shown more composure the game was won long before then but we are working on narrow margins just now where even a point could make the difference between survival or relegation anyway, its on to Hamilton next week and if we can show the same determination as we did today then no reason to think we can't get 3 points 

Add Dales and Deacon to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunnes clumsy challenge on Deacon could easily have been given as a PK, live I thought it was nothing but watching on tv I’ve changed my opinion - it’s probably given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCram said:

Absolutely this^^^^^^ We need to step and tackle players far higher up the pitch. The front 2 or 3 have got to track back and stick a foot in. It's pointless trying to stand in open space when the opposition are driving forward into our half. How long have we watched our defenders back off making tackles. Part of it must be positional play and part must be lack of coaching. Hopefully NM is making changes but there is a recurring theme that we don't stop the opposition in their half of the pitch nearly often enough.

Whatever changes NM is making its hopefully rearranging all the crap in the garage as opposed to the Dundee team. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rosco said:

Was absolutely crazy decision from him. Odea will be back during the week.

Hope no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Whatever changes NM is making is hopefully rearranging all the crap in the garage as opposed to the Dundee team. :P

Clearly you haven't considered the possibility that NM is still in charge and JM is part of an elaborate ruse to fool the fans.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Clearly you haven't considered the possibility that NM is still in charge and JM is part of an elaborate ruse to fool the fans.

NM and BD pulling the strings behind the scenes?

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Whatever changes NM is making its hopefully rearranging all the crap in the garage as opposed to the Dundee team. :P

 

Thank you Chomp. Can't even claim it was predictive text:slaphead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.