The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Wackyjim

That Penalty

Rate this topic

Was so unnecessary the player was going away from goal when innis took him out... I'm not blaming him entirely for today's result as I think if Nelson had shown more composure the game was won long before then but we are working on narrow margins just now where even a point could make the difference between survival or relegation anyway, its on to Hamilton next week and if we can show the same determination as we did today then no reason to think we can't get 3 points 

Was absolutely crazy decision from him. Odea will be back during the week.

While it was a foul and penalty...why is it that sometimes they are not given due to the attacking player having no chance of getting to the ball....the ball was practically out before the challenge came in 

Just a question, but it seemed to me that the Motherwell player was falling down before Inniss bumped into him. Also we see time after time attackers deliberately change the line of their run to step in front of the defender. Have not seen any TV images apart from the one where the ball was heading out of play and not likely, in my opinion, to be controlled by the attacker.

Seems to me a thorough investigation of this incident should be made by the coaches in an effort to teach our players, so I'm not having a go at  Collum for this. He did blow up when Nelson nicked the ball and was clean through on goal, and I would criticise him for that. 

We've played 12 league games at Dens and conceded 6 penalties. Add in the free-kicks we gave away just outside the box against Hearts, Rangers and Motherwell (all of which resulted in crucial goals) and it's alarming how much damage we're doing with these naive fouls in and around our box.

• Like 5
  • Star Post 1

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

We've played 12 league games at Dens and conceded 6 penalties. Add in the free-kicks we gave away just outside the box against Hearts, Rangers and Motherwell (all of which resulted in crucial goals) and it's alarming how much damage we're doing with these naive fouls in and around our box.

Absolutely this^^^^^^ We need to step and tackle players far higher up the pitch. The front 2 or 3 have got to track back and stick a foot in. It's pointless trying to stand in open space when the opposition are driving forward into our half. How long have we watched our defenders back off making tackles. Part of it must be positional play and part must be lack of coaching. Hopefully NM is making changes but there is a recurring theme that we don't stop the opposition in their half of the pitch nearly often enough.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Wackyjim said:

Was so unnecessary the player was going away from goal when innis took him out... I'm not blaming him entirely for today's result as I think if Nelson had shown more composure the game was won long before then but we are working on narrow margins just now where even a point could make the difference between survival or relegation anyway, its on to Hamilton next week and if we can show the same determination as we did today then no reason to think we can't get 3 points 

Add Dales and Deacon to that.

Dunnes clumsy challenge on Deacon could easily have been given as a PK, live I thought it was nothing but watching on tv I’ve changed my opinion - it’s probably given as a foul anywhere else on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, BCram said:

Absolutely this^^^^^^ We need to step and tackle players far higher up the pitch. The front 2 or 3 have got to track back and stick a foot in. It's pointless trying to stand in open space when the opposition are driving forward into our half. How long have we watched our defenders back off making tackles. Part of it must be positional play and part must be lack of coaching. Hopefully NM is making changes but there is a recurring theme that we don't stop the opposition in their half of the pitch nearly often enough.

Whatever changes NM is making its hopefully rearranging all the crap in the garage as opposed to the Dundee team. :P

23 hours ago, Rosco said:

Was absolutely crazy decision from him. Odea will be back during the week.

Hope no

9 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Whatever changes NM is making is hopefully rearranging all the crap in the garage as opposed to the Dundee team. :P

Clearly you haven't considered the possibility that NM is still in charge and JM is part of an elaborate ruse to fool the fans.

• Funny 1

12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Clearly you haven't considered the possibility that NM is still in charge and JM is part of an elaborate ruse to fool the fans.

NM and BD pulling the strings behind the scenes?

• Funny 3

39 minutes ago, Chomp my root said:

Whatever changes NM is making its hopefully rearranging all the crap in the garage as opposed to the Dundee team. :P

Thank you Chomp. Can't even claim it was predictive text:slaphead: